2019's with ACC EWWWWW

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
They redesigned the non-ACC mirror assembly as well, but it does not include that box. The buttons for SOS and assist are now above the mirror along the pillar, instead of on the mirror stalk. It APPEARS to me that the mirror is lower on the 19, but that might be in my head....I didn't measure.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I was thinking exactly the opposite. It looks like a crappy aftermarket item and in fact if it didn't have the governments blessing, I'd bet it would be banned for obscuring forward view.
I do not know anyone that is using that part of the windshield to look forward, unless they are looking to the sky. Windshield mounted radar detectors/cell phone mounts/gps units block more of a view.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have been in two accidents. Got rear-ended in stop and go traffic and t-boned from a guy that blew a stop sign. Sure wish those guys had AEB. My wife backed into a car in our driveway. Sure wish she had it. Her new car does. Waiting for 19’s specifically for this option.
I have been in 2 head on collisions (drunk driver the first time, someone looking at their radio the second) and I wish this tech was a standard. Anything to help reduce those types of accidents is a good thing. I have driven a few cars with it, and loved it on long trips. But I’ll admit I did not order it on my 2019 JLUR as I know it can be finicky and with the amount of first year issues with the JL I did not want to chance it. In a few years once the Jeep has perfected it for the wrangler I would be more than happy to pay for it.

Also, would a system like the Grand Cherokee has not work? I don’t remember them having the giant box.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I do not know anyone that is using that part of the windshield to look forward, unless they are looking to the sky. Windshield mounted radar detectors/cell phone mounts/gps units block more of a view.
I look out the entire windshield on the trail. I'd take off the rear view mirror if I could because it gets in the way.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Active Death Wobble Monitoring System is a $695 option, and requires both Safety packages and the $495 Correct Frame Welding Package.
WHAAAAT?! :swear:

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have ACC on my Rubi and honestly it's not even that bad. I, for one, prefer this over the silly radar my Grand Cherokee has on its bumper.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I have ACC on my Rubi and honestly it's not even that bad. I, for one, prefer this over the silly radar my Grand Cherokee has on its bumper.
They talked about its placement in one of the Gladiator videos. They said they couldn't really do a bumper or grill placement because of all the mods Wrangler owners typically do.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
At first I thought the picture was a joke, because the unit is truly gigantic. Something the engineering department would use to test such a system.

I compared this in my DD, and that one is much skinnier and shallower. Maybe 6”x4”x.6”. The one in my wife’s car is even smaller and almost invisible behind the rear view mirror. This one looks like an abomination.

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
From these Gladiator pics, it looks like the ACC sensor remains functional when the windshield is down.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019's with ACC EWWWWW {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019's with ACC EWWWWW {filename}

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
That looks awful with the windshield down in the photo

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
That's the new Mall Crawl Control module.

Seriously though, I've been ambivalent about most technology features on new cars for the past ~15 years or so, but ACC is a godsend on road trips. You just set a speed, and when you feel yourself slow down due to a big rig going 35 in a 65, you pass them (all without disengaging ACC).

My car has it, and my wife's doesn't, and I am noticeably less stressed and more rested after a road trip in my car, since I don't have to always be on high alert for big rigs going half the speed limit.

I totally agree. My wife's Accord has it and I miss it in my JL.

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This was in my Renegade and I had no idea what it was. I just thought it would be a great place to dremmel some holes for switches and stuff connected to a Raspberry Pi mounted inside. I mean it has VENTS and could keep everything cool back there right?
Sponsored