First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Great choice! Still love mine. The color really does say happy to me. :sun:
It goes without saying that not many vehicles can properly pull off orange, but the Wrangler is one of THE best the does it! When hiking in the mountains we caught a glimpse of her from a mile away so if you're ever lost it's a great homing beacon!

I read somewhere that if your vehicle doesn't make you want to look back at it as you walk away then you're driving the wrong vehicle. I annoy my wife to no end with rubbernecking after we park... so I get I got the right one! (Not saying any color Jeep wouldn't do the same to some extent but... hey... there's something about this color that just begs to be ogled.
Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
October was a great month to buy a Punk'n JLUR... took all of 3 seconds for one of my coworkers to name it The Great Punk'n.
Every time I have to take my 14 year old to some swim practice or school event she says "Can we take the Pumpkin!" Our 8 year old asked if it will turn into a magic chariot to take her to the ball. I told her yes, as soon as she finds a ball to attend. Then she said.."No, I prefer the acorn, I don't have to work so hard to climb into it!" I'm contemplating LOD slider steps now...

Jeep.jpeg

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually happy with the redder hue of the Punk'n compared to those real pumpkins.
While I'm not the OP, the story I hear is that when he parked there were no pumpkins in sight. When word spread that The Great Punk'n was there pumpkins from all around gathered to pay homage. Legend has it that all pumpkins were originally the same color as The Great Punk'n but over time they faded as The Great Punk'n was nowhere to be found. Now that The Great Punk'n has returned there is hope that pumpkins everywhere will return to the original and time honored color!

Or so I hear.... :fingerscrossed:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone looked into Plasti Dip colors to see if they have a good match for Punk’n? They show quite a few different oranges between the various collections but it is really hard to tell from a picture if any would match.

I plan to either wrap or plasti dip a few items, and having the ability to do Orange Would be awesome. Mostly I planned to black out a few items, them after seeing the oranges they now have my mind started to race at the potential. (Maybe dip some areas before an off-road trip to protect paint etc.)

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Ordered my punkn sport s nov 6 from Craig stiiiiillll waiting.

Sponsored

Sucker Punch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU (totaled), 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retrofit Offroad
Just ordered my PUNK'N JLU Rubicon yesterday! My Granite 2014 JKU Rubicon was unfortunately totaled in a car accident a few weeks ago. Decided to go with a little more bold color this round. Now the wait begins. I ordered my last Jeep so I know what to expect. Time to stockpile lift, wheels, tires, etc. now. :) What lift is everyone using and/or happy with? Think I will be going with 37x13.50 Cooper STT pros.

Sucker Punch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retrofit Offroad
I'll post this here since it's my favorite shot so far. Just got him last night :)
20181129_151348~2.jpg
That's an awesome picture. I ordered mine just like this. Black fenders and black hardtop. I love the contrast of the black and orange.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Just ordered my PUNK'N JLU Rubicon yesterday! My Granite 2014 JKU Rubicon was unfortunately totaled in a car accident a few weeks ago. Decided to go with a little more bold color this round. Now the wait begins. I ordered my last Jeep so I know what to expect. Time to stockpile lift, wheels, tires, etc. now. :) What lift is everyone using and/or happy with? Think I will be going with 37x13.50 Cooper STT pros.
Congratulations on your new bolder rig and sorry to hear about your last one. Hope everyone is okay.

Sucker Punch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retrofit Offroad
Congratulations on your new bolder rig and sorry to hear about your last one. Hope everyone is okay.
Thanks. No injuries. My 37" tires absorbed a lot of the impact. A guy ran a red light and we never saw him until the split second before impact. Very sad day. I am going to miss the half doors. Hoping Jeep will get their act together and release factory half doors for the JL so I can ditch the full doors.

IMG_8750.JPG

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. No injuries. My 37" tires absorbed a lot of the impact. A guy ran a red light and we never saw him until the split second before impact. Very sad day. I am going to miss the half doors. Hoping Jeep will get their act together and release factory half doors for the JL so I can ditch the full doors.

IMG_8750.JPG
Funny enough I had a girl that took the wrong way in a construction area cross over to make the left turn in front of me Friday. Almost ended badly except for the better brakes in this Jeep. Didn't see her until the last second either as I was watching for a hole to make the turn. Another reason I got the dash cam.
Sponsored