FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was bored and decided to try and catch some details from the TFL video when they were spending some time in the desert. Most probably know these details but for those that do not, enjoy!

Soft top lock latches on both sides of the top when stowed

1.png

Redesigned Soft top (and freedom panel) latches
2.png

Included toolkit
3.png

Included toolkit book
4.png

Hood straps in action, hook to windshield and velcro through hood catch
5.png

decent flex and droop for stock
6.png

hood latch design
7.png

Front undercarriage (Rubicon)
8.png

Rear undercarriage (Rubicon)
9.png

Tow package when paired with the Steel Bumper group (Rubicon only I think?)
10.png

Jeep detail on the rims remains from the JK....and apparently cactus proof tires
11.png

Nice electronic dash feature, notice the since 1941 on the left side, which disappears into the temp gauge (or battery gauge I dont remember). Also to note this was a 2.0L equipped Jeep, redline marked at 6k, not that we go around redlining
12.png

Integrated key holder between cup slots
13.png

Incorporated garage door opener, Sahara and Rubicon only from what I understand
14.png

Rubicons are capable of fitting 35s according to releases, unless that spare tire mount can factory relocate to a higher position (I would assume it does), a 35 is not gonna fit...first world problems
15.png

I feel like this was an important detail that Jeep addressed, no more sharp and intrusive pinch welds....I believe 35s will be nice and cozy in there! No sawzalls required anymore! (2 door sport top, 4 door rubicon bottom)
16.png
17.png

Manual transmission details for those that did not know Reverse is now a lockout action shift. Pull up on the ring that this guys hand is on and over-over-up.
18.png
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I will say, as excited as I am about a windshield that can be dropped easily while still affording full rollover protection, that the new tie-down design does not enthuse me. I can easily strap down my LJ windshield with a bungie cord or, preferably, Dera-ties to avoid scratching anything.

The new setup looks much more finicky, tougher to pull off with random bits of hardware.

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I will say, as excited as I am about a windshield that can be dropped easily while still affording full rollover protection, that the new tie-down design does not enthuse me. I can easily strap down my LJ windshield with a bungie cord or, preferably, Dera-ties to avoid scratching anything.

The new setup looks much more finicky, tougher to pull off with random bits of hardware.
I have honestly never dropped the windshield in any of the Wranglers I have owned through the years (TJs and JKs). I felt it was more hassle than it was worth since you basically had to take the roll bar front sections apart. I agree with you on how it looks finicky, but I will be dropping it occasionally now that its easy and like you said has safety still in place.

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
From the undercarriage shot, looks like plenty of room next to the drive shaft for a decent quiet or at least drone free muffler. Frees up the rear of the Jeep for a rear facing winch, enduro tank, air tanks, etc.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

“If you like your bungee cord, you can keep your bungee cord”

Sponsored

DynoMax Exhaust

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wangler
Looks like we can (and hopefully will) at some point "stack" a resonator/muffler in there. :)

From the undercarriage shot, looks like plenty of room next to the drive shaft for a decent quiet or at least drone free muffler. Frees up the rear of the Jeep for a rear facing winch, enduro tank, air tanks, etc.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Based on the angle of this picture, hard to tell if a 35 will fit. You only need 1 more inch of clearance. Based on the fact that they said the 3rd brake light can be raised up, I have to believe a 35 will fit without additional mod. What I don't recall, is at what point do you need Jeeps (or other brand) heavy duty tire carrier. Was it 37's and up?
15-png.png

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like we can (and hopefully will) at some point "stack" a resonator/muffler in there. :)
Hopefully it's soon :devil: I loved my center exit "Evolution competition" exhaust. Had a nice aggressive tone, and left plenty of space for my coilover reservoirs mounted where the stock muffler would normally be.

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
Awesome. Now I'm sure there's gonna be 40,000 gone and a lifted 2 door parked outside my house!:devil:

Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
35 inch x 12.5 ko2 will fit the carrier with no mods on stock wheels

Homer

First Name
Geral Hasten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2017 Chevy ZR2 diesel
Based on the angle of this picture, hard to tell if a 35 will fit. You only need 1 more inch of clearance. Based on the fact that they said the 3rd brake light can be raised up, I have to believe a 35 will fit without additional mod. What I don't recall, is at what point do you need Jeeps (or other brand) heavy duty tire carrier. Was it 37's and up?
15-png.png
I just put 315X70X17 on my 2018 Rubicon spare fit well, with factory wheels no problems . I am installing new 17X9 inch wheels Thursday 11-28.
The factory wheels rounded the tires to much unless I wanted to run 24LBS air pressure.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Do you have the plastic bumper? The one in nowandthen’s picture is steel.