TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So you were only in inspection for 5 or 6 days.
Almost makes me think my jeep has "issues", being in I since 11/1
100% your Jeep has issues. Same with mine. I am hoping to get something back from FCA who my Dealer has reached out too but I do not have high hopes.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Ordered 9/25, built on 11/7 and been in I since that date. Yesterday my case was “escalated” and I got a claim number. When that happened I felt a bit more hopeful that might speed up the process... until reading this whole thread. Now I’m doubtful that I’ll have it by December 21 or 22 when I’m planning to leave on vacation. A vacation that somewhat revolves around having the Jeep for the trip. I’ll still take the vacation days and the planned trip, just without the Jeep. I have placed factory vehicle orders before and I guess I’ve just been lucky. In ‘99 I ordered a Ram and was told 6 to 8 weeks. It was built in Mexico and arrived in 32 days. Ordered an Infiniti in ‘07 that is built in Japan and shipped by boat to the US. I was told 8 to 10 weeks. Arrived in just under 6 weeks even with a build hiccup that was overcome.

Hey Jeep, thanks for taking your time to inspect a brand new product fresh off of the assembly line for 3 weeks. Although I might suggest if you assemble a product in a few hours and then spend a month ensuring it was built to spec, your process and philosophy might be a little flawed. How about spending twice as much time building it correctly to begin with and then it might take 3 hours to inspect rather than 3 weeks? Just a suggestion. Which I’m certain you’ll ignore and keep doing it like you’re doing it. Because you’ve got this this, right?

Last edited:

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
100% your Jeep has issues. Same with mine. I am hoping to get something back from FCA who my Dealer has reached out too but I do not have high hopes.
I was by the dealership yesterday and discussed a reorder. Currently the Sahara V6 automatic is not available. I might go with the manual. I'm sure the resale would not be affected more than the 2000 automatic cost although I'm sure the auto will be available soon.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
The insult to injury is once it's built to have to wait 30+ days for it to get to the dealer while paying one of the highest destination charges out there ($1,495 on a $45k vehicle).

Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Not so good news for me at least where confidence is concerned. The dealership has been absolutely outstanding and I feel a bit bad if this doesn't work out. My issue was escalated at the dealership level and I got to see a completely different system for tracking then I had seen before. Unfortunately I am "built not ok" (literally says that) and that is where it stays until it moves to J status,JB,JE,JJ,JS,KZ. J forward tend to move pretty quick and aren't quite as bad as I. I think its fair to say at this point, none of us are going to find out why we are stuck and it could be awhile as some of us are finding out.

Like everyone else, my gut says we are either waiting on parts or waiting on someone to put the parts in. From the sounds of it based on other forum members, Jeep is still working on I status Jeep's from 2018 so it could be awhile.... so there is that. If I had to guess it would depend on how intrusive the fix is. Logistically and financially it would make sense to allocate the resources to the fast fixes and to get those Jeeps out. Our best hope is we don't have something more time consuming to fix however if they are still on 2018's dig in boys and girls could be awhile. :fist bump:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
As one of the plant workers mentioned earlier in the thread, a colored hard top might cause a delay while they wait for it from the vendor. I ordered a colored hard top. If that’s the hold up, JUST TELL ME THAT for God’s sake! Then I know what’s up. Pretty simple, no? Holding it in “inspection” for weeks with no explanation sucks. I’m more concerned that there might be some build quality issue that they don’t want to admit to.

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
I believe that same person stated that the 2019s use a new wiring harness and that there were some early quality issues with some of them. I suspect those of us that are stuck for a long time are afflicted with that issue.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
My order was made 10/27, and my status updates were as follows:

F status on 17 Nov.
I status on 20 Nov.

I'm still in 'I' status as of 27 Nov. I don't think I'd be affected by the 'early' quality issues w/ the wiring harness, as my Jeep was built after that comment was made. I also didn't order a body colored hard top (JLUR) so that's out for me as well. I don't think I'll/we'll ever know what these hold ups are.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
My second order was in I for 30 days then destroyed and cloned. Never knew why, but I'm happy they're willing to do that. keeping defective products off the road where they can justify it must sting a bit.

Sponsored

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
My second order was in I for 30 days then destroyed and cloned. Never knew why, but I'm happy they're willing to do that. keeping defective products off the road where they can justify it must sting a bit.
Did this happen automatically or did your dealer have to ask the rep to make it happen?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Did this happen automatically or did your dealer have to ask the rep to make it happen?
Automatically. I ordered a year ago and the 2 doors were continuously delayed. When it was finally built it sat in I for a while. The case was "escalated" many times between February (when it was supposed to be built) and April when it was finally built, then scrapped but no one contacted me and the dealer wasn't told anything.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
As one of the plant workers mentioned earlier in the thread, a colored hard top might cause a delay while they wait for it from the vendor. I ordered a colored hard top. If that’s the hold up, JUST TELL ME THAT for God’s sake! Then I know what’s up. Pretty simple, no? Holding it in “inspection” for weeks with no explanation sucks. I’m more concerned that there might be some build quality issue that they don’t want to admit to.
Well I ordered a black hardtop and have been in I since 11/3 so that’s probably not it.

DUG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport
Right behind you. Been in I since 11/6, 22 days so far.

Not to be a Duggie Downer, but I have someone working for me that once upon a time worked the line in Toledo, and still has friends there.

Bottom line, "Inspection" in a nutshell, encompasses the following.
  • Vehicles are generally inspected almost immediately off the line, and either Ok'd or Not Ok'd.
  • Ok'd vehicles are Invoiced and released for sale.
  • Not Ok'd vehicles tend to fall into one of the following categories.
  1. Built with improper options (rare). Corrective action- "revised" with options added/ removed; just depends.
  2. Built but are qued awaiting additional options/ trim pieces that are back ordered (common). Corrective action- options/trim are added as they become available.
  3. Built but suffered damage on the line (rare, and usually very minimal). Corrective action- Minor damage repaired with components replaced.
  4. Built but failed inspection due to TSBs, Open Recall, or similar anomaly discovered during inspection. (Rare, but is a catastrophe when it happens). Corrective action- If feasible, address any or all of the aforementioned items. If not, destroy and re-sequence as a cloned order.

Bottom line is... F$&K it, its only a car, I have a couple and I'll get it eventually.

But, when I'm quoted a time frame, and I pay you on time.. I expect you to deliver on time.

Now I'm not completely ruthless, I'm great at getting bad news. But when people either blow me off, or straight ignore me; Weeellllll, that is a problem.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Right behind you. Been in I since 11/6, 22 days so far.

Not to be a Duggie Downer, but I have someone working for me that once upon a time worked the line in Toledo, and still has friends there.

Bottom line, "Inspection" in a nutshell, encompasses the following.
  • Vehicles are generally inspected almost immediately off the line, and either Ok'd or Not Ok'd.
  • Ok'd vehicles are Invoiced and released for sale.
  • Not Ok'd vehicles tend to fall into one of the following categories.
  1. Built with improper options (rare). Corrective action- "revised" with options added/ removed; just depends.
  2. Built but are qued awaiting additional options/ trim pieces that are back ordered (common). Corrective action- options/trim are added as they become available.
  3. Built but suffered damage on the line (rare, and usually very minimal). Corrective action- Minor damage repaired with components replaced.
  4. Built but failed inspection due to TSBs, Open Recall, or similar anomaly discovered during inspection. (Rare, but is a catastrophe when it happens). Corrective action- If feasible, address any or all of the aforementioned items. If not, destroy and re-sequence as a cloned order.
Bottom line is... F$&K it, its only a car, I have a couple and I'll get it eventually.

But, when I'm quoted a time frame, and I pay you on time.. I expect you to deliver on time.

Now I'm not completely ruthless, I'm great at getting bad news. But when people either blow me off, or straight ignore me; Weeellllll, that is a problem.
Interesting. I have been in I since 11/9. I completely agree with your last sentence. I don't like being ignored, blown off, or my concerns being taken seriously. JC has told me the it is I-built but not ok. I'm guessing it isn't due to #2. I'm guessing #1 or #3. My dealer keeps think it will be here by Christmas. He also thought it would be in KZ 1 MAYBE 2 days two weeks ago. I think he thought I was over reacting. Now I think he finally understands there is a problem.
Sponsored