Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Same prices I was given when I ordered 9/12 but there are more options and some options/combos not available that I ordered!

can't seem to build a 2 dr Rubi with the 3.6 and the auto. May be a glitch or they may be switching over to the BSS engine, who knows. Mine better show up as ordered though! lol
It seems you can do a 4 door Rubi 3.6 Auto, or a 2 door Sport S 3.6 Auto, just not a 2 door Rubi 3.6 Auto. I know when I placed my order in mid-October it was on restriction, I wonder what the logic is.
Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
It seems you can do a 4 door Rubi 3.6 Auto, or a 2 door Sport S 3.6 Auto, just not a 2 door Rubi 3.6 Auto. I know when I placed my order in mid-October it was on restriction, I wonder what the logic is.
It was on restriction for me as well but it allowed the order. I have also seen a few in the cryptostickers list that are that combo (Rubi, 3.6, Auto) that have been build which were ordered after mine so I would have to guess that they are going to allow current orders up to a certain point and after that point, only 2.0 Autos. But the engine/transmission combos are weird for all of them across the board. Again with FCA/Jeep and nothing consistent.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
It was on restriction for me as well but it allowed the order. I have also seen a few in the cryptostickers list that are that combo (Rubi, 3.6, Auto) that have been build which were ordered after mine so I would have to guess that they are going to allow current orders up to a certain point and after that point, only 2.0 Autos. But the engine/transmission combos are weird for all of them across the board. Again with FCA/Jeep and nothing consistent.

FWIW I was told by my dealership boys that it is partially due to poor sales of the 2.0 on the Fiat side. They are hoping to push a few more out on the Jeep side. Also they are working on the new stuff for the 3.6 that's not quite ready yet.

Just passing on what I heard. Might be 100% poo.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
FWIW I was told by my dealership boys that it is partially due to poor sales of the 2.0 on the Fiat side. They are hoping to push a few more out on the Jeep side. Also they are working on the new stuff for the 3.6 that's not quite ready yet.

Just passing on what I heard. Might be 100% poo.
Just seems weird to only push it for the slower selling 2 door Rubicon. Other than this forum, I assume the majority of 2 doors sold are Sport S, and the majority of Rubis are 4 doors. And I haven't read anything on this forum where people think the 3.6 Auto causes mechanical problems with the 2 door only.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Just seems weird to only push it for the slower selling 2 door Rubicon. Other than this forum, I assume the majority of 2 doors sold are Sport S, and the majority of Rubis are 4 doors. And I haven't read anything on this forum where people think the 3.6 Auto causes mechanical problems with the 2 door only.
Who knows what "logic" is employed. :)

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
The two door 3.6 ESS isn’t going anywhere at this time. It’s listed as good available in the latest order guide. The online builder has always been notoriously buggy and unreliable and also agree they’re trying to push the 2.0 in general. If they make it mandatory on the two door it will for sure kill the rest of the sales of the two door but if they really wanted to move some turbos they should put it in the base model 4 door as standard.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
The two door 3.6 ESS isn’t going anywhere at this time. It’s listed as good available in the latest order guide. The online builder has always been notoriously buggy and unreliable and also agree they’re trying to push the 2.0 in general. If they make it mandatory on the two door it will for sure kill the rest of the sales of the two door but if they really wanted to move some turbos they should put it in the base model 4 door as standard.
It's a shame that the 2.0 is an automatic mandate to go with an auto tranny, if they offered the choice of MT it may sell more as well.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I too think it's a glitch because it's too small of a slice to matter (2dr rubi) in pushing that powertrain and there is no other logical reason that can be explained given it is available on all other combos.

Just want my damn jeep to show up so I can stop worrying about this crap!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
FCA has never been logical. I know they were having a lot of parts shortages causing delys for the 2018’s.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
The 2019’s beginning to roll... I feel
like a grandmother! Sooo exciting! Everyone waiting on 2019’s, it’s like a whole new wave of energy! I am so excited! Let’s have them roll!!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
It's nice to see the new blood starting to roll in. Starting to see more and more 2 doors as I go to work. Can't wait to get out and explore...

:clap:

Now if only I could have had a must have buy during all the Black Friday deals. Still nothing for the Jeep. :crying:

I made do with a bit of neoprene foam tape to hopefully quiet some more wind noise. Never satisfied to leave well enough alone. :cwl:
Sponsored