Pre-Order Bestop JL Sunriders must be shipping

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
I want to pull the trigger on this SO bad, but the FULL soft top (Trektop NX) WITH Sunrider is only $799 I think. Makes it really hard to pay $500 for 1/3rd of a soft top. And with the full soft top, the Sunrider opens up both rows of seats. The Sunrider for Hardtop only opens up the first row.

Sigh.. decisions.....
I feel the exact same way but in the end with 2 JL's both with the dual tops packages, My daughter and wife want to leave the HT on but I always had to remove and reinstall the panels for them. Now I will have the Bestop sun rider for both. The panels are stored in the garage in there bags so lots of room in the back.

Most of the time it is just me driving my JL so I only really need the 2 front seats open while the HT covers the back.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Yakpimp

I should mention that to remove the Bestop Sunrider for JL is no big deal. You use the same Torx 40 as you use to remove the hard top bolts. The SR has 6, T40 torx bolts (that's it) to remove and the SR is free and easily lifted off. It ways 38#) The SR's bolts are easy to get to and remove.

If a guy / gal occasionally removes the hard top, but truly enjoys the open air / the top being off, the SR may be a great way to go.

As I said, if / when you get the urge to pull the hard top, well, the removal of the SR only adds say approx. 5-6 more minutes to the deed.

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
(Satire)

;)I'm working on devices to put my Soft/Hard and Sunrider top on and off automatically in my garage, not unlike how the Borg Queen gets dressed in the morning.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I will check again but I was there when he called Bestop and they told him 1 hour for labor and their shop rate at 4WP is $110.

Here’s my deal: I’m a snowbird and don’t have my tools down here and don’t mind having them provide the installation warranty should any leaks appear. In addition the tops were $699/$849 when they first were announced so paying $599 for the twill I feel I’m already $250 ahead lol!
good deal with a warranty, but check out the youtube video, it is really easy to install with a torx driver. Also, you mention if a leak happens, if that happens and your out of town or its not convenient to take it back to the shop, you would most likely be able to fix it if you are familiar with the installation...

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Yakpimp

I should mention that to remove the Bestop Sunrider for JL is no big deal. You use the same Torx 40 as you use to remove the hard top bolts. The SR has 6, T40 torx bolts (that's it) to remove and the SR is free and easily lifted off. It ways 38#) The SR's bolts are easy to get to and remove.

If a guy / gal occasionally removes the hard top, but truly enjoys the open air / the top being off, the SR may be a great way to go.

As I said, if / when you get the urge to pull the hard top, well, the removal of the SR only adds say approx. 5-6 more minutes to the deed.
K thanks for the info. I'm seriously considering one.

Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
@BestopTeam

It's not having to sign for the SR that is the main concern.... but rather Bestop is not notifying the buyer that the item has shipped or giving a tracking number to the buyer, so they know when to expect delivery, have someone there to sign, etc..

And about instructions... sure we realize that instructions will probably be in the box. Some guys/gals like to have instructions ahead of time so they can get needed tools, ask others questions about their install concerns, etc.. ALSO, NO mention by any Bestop rep that there was a video made by Morris 4x4 (Bestop owns Morris 4x4, I heard) that showed the install.
Bestop sent me the FEDEX tracking the day after notifying me of shipping and yes it will require signature, and I will have it Saturday, and I will install, and it will be around 50 degrees, and I will open the top, and I will enjoy it, and I will smile.:turkey::turkey::sun::sun::jk::jk:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I received both my JL and JK Sunriders and the retractable sunshade for the JK. Now we just need the retractable sunshade for JL!

Last edited:

Arctickat

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
My Sunrider arrived unannounced Saturday. Glad I got it, and happy with the price but not sure I will do business with bestop again. Despite repeated assurances that I would get a call from them not once did they follow thru. Not after cancelling the order, not after requests to confirm my cancelled order was reentered, no prenotification of shipping, no email with tracking info. I had this shipped to my daughter who is a night shift ER nurse with a 16 month baby. Since I had no notification that it had shipped I could not warn her to leave a note telling the driver not to knock while they were both napping. Well Saturday Fedex showed up, pounded on the door, rang the bell multiple times, woke her and the baby up and as my daughter eloquently stated, I wanted to throat punch him when I answered the door. Bestop, things happen, how companies handle them defines the great from the not so great. This transaction puts you in the latter for customer service.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My Sunrider arrived unannounced Saturday. Glad I got it, and happy with the price but not sure I will do business with bestop again. Despite repeated assurances that I would get a call from them not once did they follow thru. Not after cancelling the order, not after requests to confirm my cancelled order was reentered, no prenotification of shipping, no email with tracking info. I had this shipped to my daughter who is a night shift ER nurse with a 16 month baby. Since I had no notification that it had shipped I could not warn her to leave a note telling the driver not to knock while they were both napping. Well Saturday Fedex showed up, pounded on the door, rang the bell multiple times, woke her and the baby up and as my daughter eloquently stated, I wanted to throat punch him when I answered the door. Bestop, things happen, how companies handle them defines the great from the not so great. This transaction puts you in the latter for customer service.
Why would you want to take it out on the Fed Ex guy?

I agree that Bestop was Fubar on handling all this. Youll forget all that, however, when you flip that thing back and the sun hits your face.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Why would you want to take it out on the Fed Ex guy?

I agree that Bestop was Fubar on handling all this. Youll forget all that, however, when you flip that thing back and the sun hits your face.

I love mine. After figuring out what is left and right and my arthritic hands got the z clips in it was awesome. It’s nice setup!

Sponsored

Arctickat

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I didn't want to take out the Fedex guy, heck I spent 30 years as a Fedex guy. My sleep deprived night nurse daughter did when he woke her and the napping baby. Hell hath no fury like a suddenly woken napping mother.

Red-5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rebelcon
Vehicle Showcase
Just got done chatting with Bestop. If you ordered a Twill JL sunrider, they don't expect those till mid-December :(

Krimzin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle Sport S Unlimited, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2018 Corvette Grand Sport.
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine Saturday. I had been on list since Oct 3rd. They called last wednesday and I got it on Friday.
Absolutely Love it. My Wife has the JK version and the JL version is easier to install and operate.
You wont be disappointed.