Cool discovery, hot key back-up cam

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
It does not seem to work on the Tazer JL Lite. Or maybe I need to enable it somehow... ??
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer features

21EECF96-BAA0-4B04-B439-1028E4A8FE4D.jpeg

0iiiiiii0

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ (sold), 04 Land Rover Disco II (dead), 18 JLU Sport S (granite)
Tazer features

21EECF96-BAA0-4B04-B439-1028E4A8FE4D.jpeg
"AutoTurn: turns on backup camera when turn signals are used" That's really interesting! Does anyone with a Tazer use that/activated it? I'm placing an order for a Tazer right now, and curious if that's a nice little safety feature.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@0IIIIII0 …

I'm new to this Tazer JL thing & I've tried and used this backup cam/turn signal feature... I kinda like it. I prefer it on longer stretches of highway driving, but I'm not so sure I like it on short, local roads with constant turns. I usually deactivate if I'm not hitting the highway. I'm too accustomed to the side mirror/look over shoulder thing & I even after 6 months I haven't gotten used to looking at the backup camera (never had one on any vehicle prior to the JL).

If you've got the ORP running on the screen, it doesn't have to reload...whatever you have on the screen just pops right back up. Nice feature, but takes some getting used to.

Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
"AutoTurn: turns on backup camera when turn signals are used" That's really interesting! Does anyone with a Tazer use that/activated it? I'm placing an order for a Tazer right now, and curious if that's a nice little safety feature.
Completely personal preference. I kept it on for about a week. It was a novelty at first, but it started to trigger my OCD, lol. So I no longer use it.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The backup camera is also able to activate via the Aps menu. In fact, I use the backup camera when I pull into my garage to make sure I'm in all the way, every time, so I made it one of my aps in the tray along the bottom of the screen.
Thanks @S2k Chris ... my garage is full of junk in front of my Jeep so now I use back up camera to get in just the right spot. Moving Apps was a nice feature I was unaware.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
The backup camera is also able to activate via the Aps menu. In fact, I use the backup camera when I pull into my garage to make sure I'm in all the way, every time, so I made it one of my aps in the tray along the bottom of the screen.
When you actuate the backup camera this way Chris how long does it stay on for you....a couple of seconds, indefinitely?

When I first got my rig it was a few seconds. Now when I do this the camera appears to stay on indefinitely. I have no Tazer or CANbus like device and I don't think I've had any downloads to the radio since purchase, although I may be wrong about that.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
When you actuate the backup camera this way Chris how long does it stay on for you....a couple of seconds, indefinitely?

When I first got my rig it was a few seconds. Now when I do this the camera appears to stay on indefinitely. I have no Tazer or CANbus like device and I don't think I've had any downloads to the radio since purchase, although I may be wrong about that.
For me it lasts about 15-20 seconds.

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
@jeremyjeep

Rock Crawl (patent pending): Press and hold the left arrow and cruise set(-) button, and pump the brakes
twice. The Jeep will hold using all four brakes while you can work the pedals to apply torque, and
release the buttons when you’re ready to move. β€œBrklock:all” will be displayed in the cluster.
Is there a video of this in action?
Sponsored