J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
This whole thread and still no pics of a MetalClock 2.5" lifted JL
Your "practically neighbors" with Metalcloak! You're doing it all to yourself.

If all goes according to plan, which it doesn't often, the lift will be in by Sunday and aligned on Monday. Should have pictures shortly after that. I current have a Rubi takeoff suspension on the Sport to clear the 35"s and I'm only looking for a little more clearance for the trails. I think it will be the perfect height with the lower fenders on the Sport. Once more options release for raised fenders, I will find even more clearance (unless Metalcloak decides to "give" some of those pretty fenders away during Cyber Monday?!;)).
Sponsored

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Well, unfortunately things have already not gone according to plan as previously anticipated. Upon unpacking all the components and measuring out the control arms and track bars in preparation for install, it appears two different length sway bar links were packaged :headbang:.

Since it's the kit for a Sport, Metalcloak included the sway bar quick disconnects and links , but after assembling the two ends of the links they are two different lengths.

Very disappointed to lose the holiday weekend and an alignment appointment. The wait continues. . .

IMG_0390.jpg
IMG_0391.jpg

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well, unfortunately things have already not gone according to plan as previously anticipated. Upon unpacking all the components and measuring out the control arms and track bars in preparation for install, it appears two different length sway bar links were packaged :headbang:.

Since it's the kit for a Sport, Metalcloak included the sway bar quick disconnects and links , but after assembling the two ends of the links they are two different lengths.

Very disappointed to lose the holiday weekend and an alignment appointment. The wait continues. . .

IMG_0390.jpg
IMG_0391.jpg
Are you sure there isn't a bracket to bolt to the axle that will make up the difference? I ask because I thought the passenger side needed one in order for the quick disconnect to work.

edit:
mc.jpg

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I must have missed the bracket somewhere. I will go back through the components. I hope this is in fact the case. Where did you find that diagram? I’m working off a little different of a breakdown, mine looks like a Rubicon parts layout. This is why I love this forum and community. Thanks for the quick reply to my ignorant post! You just saved my behind. Happy :turkey:!

trurob777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Same. I think for a Sport / Sahara I think would want to get the 3.5 due to the lower fenders without the huge fender gap. The Rubicon, with the raised fender makes even 37s look small with the 3.5" lift. So as a Rubicon owner, I'm currently leaning towards the 2.5."
My thought is the same. I am leaning more towards the 3.5. I do want to see pics of the 2.5 though before I make up my mind.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I must have missed the bracket somewhere. I will go back through the components. I hope this is in fact the case. Where did you find that diagram? I’m working off a little different of a breakdown, mine looks like a Rubicon parts layout. This is why I love this forum and community. Thanks for the quick reply to my ignorant post! You just saved my behind. Happy :turkey:!
http://metalcloakinstructions.com
I did a quick scan through the instructions and couldn't find the bracket but I didn't look very hard. It was in the diagram though.

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Gonna head out in the garage shortly and lay anything and everything out to get an inventory. Thanks again for another set of eyes during this process.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna head out in the garage shortly and lay anything and everything out to get an inventory. Thanks again for another set of eyes during this process.
Here is a pic from FB of a JL with disco's hope it helps you. FYI not mine

44334718_10212884563809490_2100424997007785984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-2.jpg

44452966_10212884563849491_4731116792502550528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-2.jpg

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Here is a pic from FB of a JL with disco's hope it helps you. FYI not mine

44334718_10212884563809490_2100424997007785984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-2.jpg

44452966_10212884563849491_4731116792502550528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-2.jpg
It will thank you. I found the bracket but tmakaro was right, no mention of any step for installation instructions. I figured once I got it on the lift I would be able to visualize the application, but this will give me more confidence as I'm the first to admit, I'm no expert. But, I think half the fun in owning the of these machines is getting under it and doing the work.

This particular FB account have any further pictures of the components installed? I'm looking for different images of the outboard shock mount kit installed? Looks like a got upper brackets for the front shocks and lower brackets for the rear but no mention in the instructions I'm looking at. I also have these with no idea what they are.
IMG_0396.jpg

Again no expert.

Any further help I can get couldn't hurt. Unfortunately MC won't be there tomorrow as a life-line (good for them for taking an extended weekend, not enough companies give employees time off these days.)

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any further help I can get couldn't hurt. Unfortunately MC won't be there tomorrow as a life-line (good for them for taking an extended weekend, not enough companies give employees time off these days.)
Sorry J_mac that is all they have. Just randomly saw those pics and thought of this thread.

dbrisson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU R
I have a 2018 JLU Rubicon and also am trying to decide between 2.5 and 3.5. With my last JK 2 dr Rubicon i did a diy tera flex 2.5 with spacers and 35's it was perfect.

I probably wouldnt go above 35 on the tires as this is a Mall crawler / Snow Jeep and will see only minimal trails.

Thoughts?

DB

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I am planning on 2.5 even though I do hit the trails but I like their lower stance and also don’t plan on going over 35’s. I have 35’s on now, and they just barely rub at full flex

Plus I heard over 3” is when other things start to go.

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Seeing mix responses with the front TB install. Do you still need to widen out the front TB bracket?

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
I am scheduled to have the 2.5 with rocksport shocks and the full set of skids installed this Friday at Cloak Works(aka Metal Cloak install division)...I will be sure to post some photos once it is done!
Sponsored