Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I like the Sport S Mercedes rip-off Wheels. I actually like them better than the Mercedes wheels.
Sponsored

nel1551

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2017 Subaru Forester
I sort of like Sahara and rubi wheels. I think Sahara will be more appealing with all terrain tires and not the all season ones. Either way, I agree they could be better. I didn't order the upgraded wheels on my Sahara. If they bother me to much then that will be my first upgrade.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Bottom line is, there shouldn’t be downgrades if they’re raising the price..
But wait. Jeep is now including wheels on the Sport S that were once only available on special editions. As someone else mentioned in another thread, the JL Sport S wheels are copies of the JK Recon and Chief special edition wheels. Those owners of JK Special Editions won't be happy that their once special wheels are now standard alloys on the base Sport S.

recon.jpg

chief.jpg

sport.jpg

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I kinda like the standard Sport S wheels on a white Wrangler.

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Thanks for using my pic, I guess...

Anyone else really dissatisfied with wheel options? Standard Sport S wheels look like Ford Escape plastic hubcaps. Optional Sport S wheels look like Mercedes CLA rip off wheels. I won’t even get into how ugly standard Sahara wheels are, and how the Rubicon wheels should come in satin black standard.

A11C302E-9D61-47D3-95BE-042C555B9096.jpeg

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Heck, I don't even mind the black steelies. At least no one should want to steal them!

steel.jpg

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
This is only the second actual photo I've seen of the granite (upgraded) Sport S wheels. They look pretty good to me. My favorite wheels are the upgraded Rubicon ones.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
And also, I don't think those Sport S granite wheels are all that similar to the Benz ones. The Benz spokes are more narrow, not as beefy as the Sport S ones.

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
But wait. Jeep is now including wheels on the Sport S that were once only available on special editions. As someone else mentioned in another thread, the JL Sport S wheels are copies of the JK Recon and Chief special edition wheels. Those owners of JK Special Editions won't be happy that their once special wheels are now standard alloys on the base Sport S.
There’s a small difference on the Recon/Chief wheels that make them look a bit better.. or maybe it’s just the mud terrains. Either way, the new Sport S set up isn’t all that good looking.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
And also, I don't think those Sport S granite wheels are all that similar to the Benz ones. The Benz spokes are more narrow, not as beefy as the Sport S ones.
Yea that’s just Mercedes CLA vs Wrangler.. ofcourse the Wrangler wheel will be beefier. Still basically the same design though.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I liked the simple JK Sport S wheels. 5 spoke flat face, easy to clean, no weird contours to wipe down.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I liked the wheels on the test mules and yet none of them are appearing on the production models.