Sponsored

JL Wheels let down

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Anyone else really dissatisfied with wheel options? Standard Sport S wheels look like Ford Escape plastic hubcaps. Optional Sport S wheels look like Mercedes CLA rip off wheels. I won’t even get into how ugly standard Sahara wheels are, and how the Rubicon wheels should come in satin black standard.

F0007E8B-83E3-40BE-9F6D-2D1F3BFDCF09.jpeg

8D71226B-CAA0-41F0-99A9-AFFE1FF8C9F0.jpeg

5E941C41-CE27-438A-A222-7D15DE54B67F.jpeg

A11C302E-9D61-47D3-95BE-042C555B9096.jpeg
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Don’t buy the lowest trim available then. Or man up and buy whatever wheels tickle your fancy

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Don’t buy the lowest trim available then. Or man up and buy whatever wheels tickle your fancy
40k for a vehicle with Ford Escape hubcap wheels, and I have to “man up?”.. get real

Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Bottom line is, there shouldn’t be downgrades if they’re raising the price..
Those Sahara tires/wheels are just awful....They make the whole Jeep look bad.

giphy.gif

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Those Sahara tires/wheels are just awful....They make the whole Jeep look bad.

giphy.gif
Beyond awful.. all the JK wheel designs were great. I’m not knocking the JL, I just think the wheels are terrible. Rubicon wheels are nice, though.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
40k for a vehicle with Ford Escape hubcap wheels, and I have to “man up?”.. get real
Then don’t buy it. I agree they are horrible, but it’s a sport model. Obviously ford doesn’t put premium wheels on their lower trims so jeep should be the exception?
I just think too many people keep using this forum to talk trash.

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Then don’t buy it. I agree they are horrible, but it’s a sport model. Obviously ford doesn’t put premium wheels on their lower trims so jeep should be the exception?
I just think too many people keep using this forum to talk trash.
I can’t share my opinion?.. too much sensitivity here. No way to avoid buying the wheels, if you’re buying the car..

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I love both of the Rubicon options, I also like the upgraded Sahara option... I dislike the rest, perhaps they’ll look better with more aggressive tires, but I really don’t like them.... subjective though

Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I can’t share my opinion?.. too much sensitivity here. No way to avoid buying the wheels, if you’re buying the car..
If nothing else, they should offer up the Mopar wheels and some upgraded tires as add on items. Don't make the consumer buy something they have no desire to have, and provide an upgrade. Would also be a money maker for them...its a win/win.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
My dealer is actually giving me a credit for my wheels and tires and ordering me method wheels and nitto ridge grapplers. I don’t have the numbers yet as far as the credit but worst case I’ll take the set and sell them myself if it’s not a fair offer.
There are ways around it. Prefect? No.
I also don’t like the wheels on most factory cars. But I look for the positive outcome of things and weigh options.
I don’t like the fact that the sport doesn’t have sliders or better bumpers but I’m not going to throw a fit about it. I’ll figure out my options, put my big boy pants on and tackle it

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
So many wheels look derivative IMO. And a lot of stock wheels seem...lazy, or just intentionally bland for no reason?

The sport S above and stock rubicon are my favorites. I actually like the stock rubicon on most exterior colors over the upgraded. There are probably cooler looking aftermarket, but that's low on my list.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are all pretty ugly. Best looking being the stock Rubicon wheels followed by the sport S wheels. I think I'll be okay with the stock Rubicon wheels though.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
...No way to avoid buying the wheels, if you’re buying the car..
I'm guessing the best feature of most vehicle's stock wheels is to push buyers to upgraded packages. I mean on any car costing 20k and up, they can't make an effort? At least with Jeep, those can easily be added on, whereas a lot of mfr bundle them in trim levels or complete packages.
Sponsored