First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello folks!

I have been a personal member of this Forum for a while now. I will continue to post as both a user and a vendor. If you ask me a product or brand related question as BobK, I will be replying as The4x4Guys just to keep things separate.

Like you, I am a Jeep Wrangler owner. My current Jeep is a 2018 JLUR, but I have owned five other Wranglers over the past twenty years. I decided to merge my intention to start up another business with my hobby of working on my Jeep. The result is a family owned and operated e-commerce store focusing on the Wrangler, and soon all models of Jeeps.

We know there are many places to buy aftermarket Jeep parts and accessories, but we are not some impersonal, multi-national, conglomerate. When you email or call, one of us will answer your question or concern, we don’t outsource our customer support. We just want to do our best to make your shopping experience enjoyable.
  • We only sell products at the manufacturers, Minimum Advertised Price (MAP).
  • We carry all the “belly button brands” (everyone has them), these tend to be the large national brands.
  • We will also be carrying Jeep enthusiast brands that are unique, many made here in the USA.
  • If you don’t see a brand you want it in the store, don’t assume we don’t carry it. We have established relationships with over 150 brands for Jeeps and other 4x4 trucks. We will be adding these to our store after we clean up their images and product data. However, we can order any part you want from these brands in the meantime.
  • We have aligned our business with distributors with twenty nationwide warehouses. We will process your order with the first location with in-stock inventory, in order to get your items to you as quickly as possible. If the item isn’t in stock, we request a drop shipment direct from the manufacturer. For many brands, we order direct from the manufacturer.
  • If an item is backordered, we will give you the option of waiting for the product or canceling your order, with no penalty and no questions asked.
Finally, and most importantly we will be offering the following introductory special.

Starting on Monday November 19th and running through December 31, 2018 - Free Shipping will be offered on every purchase regardless. There are no exclusions based on weight, size, quantity, etc. Want a new lift kit, a set of rock sliders, new wheels and tires, drop down steps?? You name it……Free shipping, no exceptions!

Please free to PM me with any questions. Wondering if we can get a specific product from a brand not yet showing in our store, just ask.

Regards,

Bob Kirk
President
The 4x4 Guys, LLC
Sponsored

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No problem. I've liked this Forum since it began. I've posted multiple times as BobK and now I'll be on here as a vendor too.

I'm a Jeep owner and have my own questions for the Forum, but will do my best to get answers to Brand specific product questions from the experts I now have access to at the distributors and the manufacturers themselves.

i'm looking forward to the dual role on the Forum as both a user and a vendor.

Bob

a1ex3yz

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xsr900
This is JL forum and you have... no parts?

2018 JEEP WRANGLER-JL PARTS

CHANGE A VEHICLE
CLEAR SELECTION
No Results Found.

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Brands have been slow to update their parts data files, yet we are working hard at improving their data so that it is suitable for e-commerce. Additionally, many brands have "introduced" their products but not yet updated their files to make them available. As anyone who has waited for JL parts in the past year can attest. The 800 pound gorillas of e-commerce (we all know who they are) employ dozens of workers to edit data from manufacturers, but those costs get passed on their shoppers, we choose not to do that.

That being said, we can order any part for any brand we carry or have access to in the meantime. Given the free shipping we are offering, that can amount to a saving of hundreds of dollars on some of the larger, heavier products. Just send an email or PM here and we can get you a quote.

More JL brand data is being worked on now, I promise.

Bob

Sponsored

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is JL forum and you have... no parts?

2018 JEEP WRANGLER-JL PARTS

CHANGE A VEHICLE
CLEAR SELECTION
No Results Found.
We are also working on the Year, Make, Model, Submodel fitment engine. Many manufacturers of aftermarket parts use a variety of terminology to refer to the same vehicle. We have seen the JL Model referred to a variety of ways, our developer is currently building a translation engine to consolidate the various terms into a consistent one. By the way, here is what I found on JL's in the store and it still isn't enough.....but we are hard at work making it better.

Thank you for the comment.

Bob

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 11.26.37 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
Welcome and best wishes for your store/brand/business.

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome and best wishes for your store/brand/business.
I appreciate the wishes!

Thanks, I can only promise that making the store even better is our primary focus.

Bob

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I too am frustrated with the JL Parts situation and as I mentioned already, it is our primary focus at this time. However, there are plenty of JL parts in the store and more coming in the next few days.

I just typed in "JL Wrangler" into the search box on the home page and this is what came back from the search.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 12.18.03 PM.jpg

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I'm sorry, but it's still unusable. I did the search too, and right after your screenshot is 17 of these in different colors. Why not collapse those 17 results into 1? And then choose the color. At least for now, until you can properly filter by JL.
FOOT REST KIT WRANGLER JL 2018 METAL DESIGN

I'm not scrolling through 396 search results. Good luck with the new and massive adventure. ;).

Sponsored

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry, but it's still unusable. I did the search too, and right after your screenshot is 17 of these in different colors. Why not collapse those 17 results into 1? And then choose the color. At least for now, until you can properly filter by JL.
FOOT REST KIT WRANGLER JL 2018 METAL DESIGN

I'm not scrolling through 396 search results. Good luck with the new and massive adventure. ;).
I hear you. What you are referring to is called a "product variant" - one product but with multiple variations. An example might be the same t-shirt but in small, medium, and large. I too find it maddening that they display as three t-shirts, but for an e-commerce store to display products the way you and I would both like requires that the manufacturer indicate in their product data that the small, medium, and large t-shirt are the same product but variants of one another, which seems so simple, but in fact it is rare that they do.

We have opened and processed data for over 130 brands at this point (hundreds of thousands of products) and virtually none of the brands take the time to mark their product data that way. We of course could take the time to review each product manually and make that determination ourselves, like the 800 pound gorillas do, but as a family owned business we had to choose not to employ dozens of people sitting a computers doing that manually (and passing that expense on). Instead we are building more filters to assist in displaying the products so that you can more easily filter the results.

Your comment is a good example of our need to add some additional filters to make finding what you are looking for easier. Check out the existing filters in the left hand navigation section when you are searching for products, it may help until we add more.

Thanks for the comment and the best wishes, it is a massive adventure.

Bob

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR in Mojito!, 2019 Ram Rebel, 2019 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired Navy
Welcome and many, many blessings. How about 3xl tall jeep T-shirts for bigger guys? I want to support your business and I want to spend my money here in the USA. I have looked everywhere and can't find didley. I have a 2018 JLUR and always look for parts, upgrades and hats. So I will be looking through your website to see what to get. Thank you and God bless.

OP
OP

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll admit that many of my manufacturers don't have a lot of 3xl products, but by typing XXXL in my search box, i did find eight products. I'll keep looking for other brands that have more for you.

I also typed into the search box 3XL and found a few more.

Regards,

Bob

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 9.02.45 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 8.59.48 PM.jpg

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR in Mojito!, 2019 Ram Rebel, 2019 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired Navy
Thank you for paying attention to the masses. I also looked and liked some T-shirts and could not find one that was 3XL-Tall. Needs to be tall, because the 3XL regular becomes too short for me. Believe me, I've tried. But since your company is in its inception, I know the future will bring me and everyone else, what we need. Make sure you design your own logo for T-shirts and hats. Again, Thank you and God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.