What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Gorilla wheel locks in black... stumbled upon them in here randomly. You get enough to cover up the blanks with the brake light relocation. I couldn't fit the little cover over the camera, but it doesn't seem to serve any functional purpose aside from aesthetics. Anyways, nice recommendation and thanks for the tips on filling in the blanks, @Rhinebeck01 ….

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-is-everyone-securing-their-spare-tire.15511/#post-377729
@melendez69

It would be hell trying to wax those splined lugs..

It makes sense to keep them clean and looking good along with providing some lets say protection to them.

I use a product called "Pig Spit" on them. Wash the lugs, hand dry with a towel or blow them dry with a blower and then apply a quick spray of Pig Spit. Keeps the lugs, always looking like new..

I promise you will report back to me you like Pig Spit. Oh, also great to put on that 3rd Brake light relocator bracket!

Been using Pig Spit on my Harley's for years... and now the JL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VJR3GO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
71G+nmwrIiL._SL1500_.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@melendez69

It would be hell trying to wax those splined lugs..

It makes sense to keep them clean and looking good along with providing some lets say protection to them.

I use a product called "Pig Spit" on them. Wash the lugs, hand dry with a towel or blow them dry with a blower and then apply a quick spray of Pig Spit. Keeps the lugs, always looking like new..

I promise you will report back to me you like Pig Spit. Oh, also great to put on that 3rd Brake light relocator bracket!

Been using Pig Spit on my Harley's for years... and now the JL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VJR3GO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
71G+nmwrIiL._SL1500_.jpg

I actually have the Pig Spit from reading another post of yours... I plan to use it on the bumpers... and now, the lugs. Another great recommendation.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@melendez69

If you like a sheen, then spray and let dry and do not touch with a cloth.

If you want a fresh, clean, new look... but no sheen, then just buff lightly with a clean cloth after it dries.

For the Mopar Relocation bracket, just spray on and let dry. No buff. Keeps it looking great.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I put on a pair of Mopar tubular steps (#82215327) on my Rubicon today. Wife and kids love it. I like those more than the production steps (Sahara style) and the Rubicon rock rails. The tubular steps look nice because of the texture and embedded jeep icons. Installation took about 45 minutes, and it is a one-man job, everything aligned perfectly but I did take extra care to make sure the bolts were torqued appropriately. I am sure one can do it in 15 minutes if in a hurry, but why:clap:

I think I got a super deal too from eBay, only $330 after shipping. It is funny because the seller is actually located in my city, and shipped ground but delivered overnight.

Now I have a pair of literally new spare Rubicon rock rails, I will put them in plastic wraps. Hit me if you are interested in it.

20181118_112506.jpg

20181118_112514.jpg
Almost went with those..but went running board instead. Tubes look really
20181109_154047.jpg
good!!

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Almost went with those..but went running board instead. Tubes look really
20181109_154047.jpg
good!!
Yeah, I was thinking about that but I do not like the Sahara look. Besides the price I got is $100 cheaper than the running board.

I am sure yours functions very well since it covers front to back and seam.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Yeah, I was thinking about that but I do not like the Sahara look. Besides the price I got is $100 cheaper than the running board.

I am sure yours functions very well since it covers front to back and seam.
Part of why I got, to act as a big mud flap. Doesnt look Sahara(ish)...looks beefy and fills in the Rubicon nice.

Anyway...your tubes look great, still wonder how it would have looked on mine. Maybe next year I try em'

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Gorilla wheel locks in black... stumbled upon them in here randomly. You get enough to cover up the blanks with the brake light relocation. I couldn't fit the little cover over the camera, but it doesn't seem to serve any functional purpose aside from aesthetics. Anyways, nice recommendation and thanks for the tips on filling in the blanks, @Rhinebeck01 ….

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-is-everyone-securing-their-spare-tire.15511/#post-377729

wheel.jpg
20181109_152730.jpg

Or can keep your factory lugs and get black vinyl lug protectors.....sayin'

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

wheel.jpg
Why couldn't you fit the camera cover?

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
Installed a FOX ATS steering stabilizer.
ATSJL.jpg
ATSJL1.jpg
Did you install the Fox steering stabilizer due to issues with your OEM unit. I've got ghost death wobble lite. My steering wheel shakes at 55mph on cold morning occasionally. I've read that other folks have the same issue. It's been suggested to me to try a Aftermarket unit, specifically the one you installed. Is the one you installed for a JK but it fits a JL?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
IMO these are so much better than the factory headliner, looks nice too. Besides a lot of factory orders are actually held hostage because of the shortages of headliner parts.

Did you take the whole top off to install them? Did you get the sound assassin?
You don’t need to take top off to install. I’ve done 2 installs. Get organized. Test fit practice. Scuff with the supplied sand paper, wipe dust off with micro fiber. wipe down with acetone. Peel strips press and hold into place. Whole process takes 30 mins if you’re going slow. You can take front panels off if you want but not top.

campbellchris4

First Name
Chris Campbell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited sport
Finally finished the installation of my Diabolical, Inc. Slipstream cargo security cover. Took a few weeks to get it done because some of the parts in the initial run of the brackets for the JLU with subwoofer were made wrong and had to be redone. Unfortunately, mine was one of them. All things considered, this thing is awesome, and the company is great. It speaks volumes about a company when the owners takes time to call you from a movie theater to answer an install question you submitted on Facebook.

This thing is solid. I added some rubber diamond tread mat (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005SUIWRK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Rhi8Bb5JJ263V) to the top of the cover to minimize things place on top from sliding around and/or scratching the powder coating. I also plasti-dipped the locking pins that secure the lid and the front wall to minimize any noise, and added extra cargo tie downs under the hardtop bolts and bought a Gladiator ratcheting cargo net (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0157G6AP0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_1ii8BbMEH8V2B) to secure cargo placed on top.

A few notes to make the install easier: Get a set of ratcheting wrenches! There are some extremely tight spaces you need to get in to tighten nuts. If you plan to use the lid’s folding feature and you have a soft top, you’ll want to grind a bit off the ends off the tailgate lip piece, otherwise is has difficulty clearing the innermost part of the soft top hardware.

59C46C37-BEAB-4D83-9A55-EEEF9E15A597.jpeg
AAC39DDC-1F04-4729-B0C8-B6A49D09C7B5.jpeg
55478D55-5CBB-447A-86CA-F81F88B2E0A6.jpeg
829F53F0-71D0-401E-BDE7-772249F6C158.jpeg
75853C17-D6EF-4F3C-A785-39ECC2096E9E.jpeg

How long did it take you to get yours? I ordered and paid for mine over a month ago and haven't received anything. I've contacted them and I'm getting nothing back.

Reactions: JC7

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR