Sponsored

Show us your CUSTOM MODS!!

Sponsored

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I have that same antenna and really like it. Though when installing it I wondered why would they make part of it silver??? Then I thought, they do that because people like me with a wrench would probably inadvertently scrape the paint off of it installing it and make it silver anyway. And I was about to electrical tape that section (black) until I read your thread about heat shrink tubing - that is brilliant! Thank you for saving me from busting out the black electrical tape and making a not so smart life choice!
Going to reply to my own post 9 months later that antenna - at least the one i got is garbage. Tip flew off eventually, and the plastic wrap has cracked and started coming off in chunks. Hopefully the ones that anyone on here has have lasted/held up better. Mine looks like $hit now, took it off, went back to the Antenna X short flexible one that still beats a tune on the side of my fender at highway speeds... I am starting my search for a shorter that stock black metal one this go around.

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
I added the hi lift mount on the rear roll bar. Hardware to remove does not require tools.

Bought a rear roll bar rotopax mount for JKs and had a buddy weld up a couple brackets to make it work on the JL. It ain’t pretty but that was fab attempt #1, am planning to make a couple changes and make it prettier.

Then made a rotopax holder that mounts onto the hi lift jack. Above it is a plate that folds down. On the rear of the plate is a warn bag used for storing stuff.

On front of the rear roll bar I put in some eyelets. Using small bungees I can hide a tennis racquet bag between the rollbar and the hardtop. This allows fast tennis racquet access and is very difficult to see from outside the vehicle.

I still need to paint some of the stuff in those pics and clean it up a bit more. The hatchet in last pic is for camping trips. My FAK Velcro’s to the rear face of the roll bar in front of the extinguisher and hatchet (not shown)

I like to keep my stuff neat and organized. And importantly none of it rattles

526EF33F-FDD0-45B5-8A79-D292EAFE2C7B.jpeg

A6D47C56-CDD5-4082-AF7D-C6128F2F3781.jpeg

3E21E28B-9683-46DA-A4E1-6FD7A64108CC.jpeg

6CEF6924-1FA5-4386-A861-7387F1A7F86F.jpeg

Sponsored

See Through

First Name
Clover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
ok thanks i'll be doing this when it warms up -any tips i should know
Grab some beer cuz it takes a while :beer:
Also having a wet towel on-hand wouldn't hurt in case a lil marker gets on the (p)leather

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SportS 2DR 6 Cyl Hardtop
Made a carpet liner over pad to even out removed rear seat area, 2DR SportS Hardtop,
Write up/parts in Interior Mods: "Custom Rear Cargo Carpet Liner..."

Linear_Pic_Rear.jpg
is next..
Sponsored