Adaptive Cruise Control 2019- need report from new owners

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Really confusing. Does stop and go auto-resume instead of pushing a button after full stop or something? I'm not sure I understand the distinction. Thanks.
My Cherokee has ACC and it does the full stop. To start again you just have to tap the gas pedal lightly.
Sponsored

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara

https://www.jeep.com/build.wrangler...DEM,TQJ,WD2,A7,DLK,Z1A,SDA,UAA,X9,PRC,23B,APA

Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning

$795

• Adaptive Cruise Control[1] and Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking[2]—two advanced safety and security features—are packaged together for added value. Adaptive Cruise Control uses sensors to detect objects in its path. If the lane ahead is clear the set speed is maintained. When slower traffic is detected, the system will automatically adjust to a pre-selected distance using throttle control and braking. Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking notifies the driver with visual and audible alerts when it senses a potential frontal impact. If the driver does not respond, and the risk of a collision continues, the brakes can activate automatically and bring the vehicle to a full stop.

1. Adaptive Cruise Control is a driver's convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use the brakes to avoid collisions.

2. This system is an alert system for the front of the vehicle. It is not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use brakes to avoid collisions.
INCLUDES:

Advanced Brake Assist
Advanced Brake Assist applies maximum braking power in emergency situations.

Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus
Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking[1] readies the brakes and notifies you with visual and audible alerts when it senses a potential frontal impact. If you don't respond, and the risk of a collision continues, the brakes can bring the vehicle to a full stop.

1. This system is an alert system for the front of the vehicle. It is not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use brakes to avoid collisions.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop[1] uses sensors to detect objects in its path. If the lane ahead is clear, the set speed is maintained. When slower traffic is detected, the system will automatically adjust to a pre-selected distance using throttle control and limited braking. ACC with Stop will bring the vehicle to a full stop if necessary.

1. This system is a driver's convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use the brakes to avoid collisions.

Enhanced Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Cruise Control[1] for the six-speed manual transmission uses sensors to detect vehicles ahead and automatically adjusts your vehicle's cruising speed to maintain a preset distance. It allows speed control to remain engaged without the need for constant adjustments based on traffic flow.

1. Adaptive Cruise Control is a driver's convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use the brakes to avoid collisions.
Great info thanks! Now all we need is the 2019 owners manual.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My Cherokee has ACC and it does the full stop. To start again you just have to tap the gas pedal lightly.
Can someone tell me how the description above including that in the Subaru aren't "stop and go"?
I think the only variance might be how long your vehicle can be fully stopped before it will go again without driver input.
I was told earlier in this thread that my wife's CRV had stop and go, which Honda calls "low speed follow". In the CRV it will only start moving on its own after coming to a full stop if the vehicle ahead starts moving again within about a second. Otherwise you just have to tap the gas, which is still great in my mind. This has always been stop and go in my mind.
According to Ford's stop and go advertising video it will start back up after being stopped for less than a few seconds.
Again can someone define what constitutes stop and go?

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Can someone tell me how the description above including that in the Subaru aren't "stop and go"?
I think the only variance might be how long your vehicle can be fully stopped before it will go again without driver input.
I was told earlier in this thread that my wife's CRV had stop and go, which Honda calls "low speed follow". In the CRV it will only start moving on its own after coming to a full stop if the vehicle ahead starts moving again within about a second. Otherwise you just have to tap the gas, which is still great in my mind. This has always been stop and go in my mind.
According to Ford's stop and go advertising video it will start back up after being stopped for less than a few seconds.
Again can someone define what constitutes stop and go?
If it is the same software as used in other Jeep products, if it comes to a full rest it will not start up again. I drove my Cherokee this morning to test it in stop and go traffic on the freeway. It was great and i never had to touch the gas until it came to a full stop. Even if it was for about a second, it would not start back up again until i tapped the gas and then was back to following well - even at 1MPH.

I am assuming that is the way it will work with the JL.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
If it is the same software as used in other Jeep products, if it comes to a full rest it will not start up again. I drove my Cherokee this morning to test it in stop and go traffic on the freeway. It was great and i never had to touch the gas until it came to a full stop. Even if it was for about a second, it would not start back up again until i tapped the gas and then was back to following well - even at 1MPH.

that would be good enough for me, I drove some cars with ACC and once you have gotten too slow or stopped, ACC would completely disengage and you couldnt get it to work again until over 25 MPH.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Where are the sensors in the Cherokee?
Below bumper. There is a sensor behind the windshield as well, but I think that is for the auto high beam, auto wipers and the lane-departure assist.

cdhd2

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I looked at the 2019 builder link above and built the specs for my Jeep which Im getting ASG. In the 360 degree view of the interior you can see the camera housing behind the rear view mirror, it is huge!

2019 with ASG.png
2018 with SG.png

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I looked at the 2019 builder link above and built the specs for my Jeep which Im getting ASG. In the 360 degree view of the interior you can see the camera housing behind the rear view mirror, it is huge!

2019 with ASG.png
2018 with SG.png
Whoa!!!! :surprised: And the mirror is way lower, looks like it's in the middle!

Sponsored

cdhd2

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Whoa!!!! :surprised: And the mirror is way lower, looks like it's in the middle!
I sure hope this is just a misrepresented rendering and it is really not in that position!

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I sure hope this is just a misrepresented rendering and it is really not in that position!
You and me both! :fingerscrossed: I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when my JL gets here.

UN4GTBL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Did the 2015 KL have full Stop & Go abilities? I think they added Stop & Go at some point.

My 2019 KL will "Stop and Go" all by itself if the full stop is less than 2 seconds, and will continue to hold the brakes for up to 3 minutes, according to the owner's manual. If a stop is longer than 2 seconds, then I can just press the resume button/press the gas pedal.

jeepinhokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2019 JLUR

2019 with ASG.png
2018 with SG.png
...Also notice the additional steering wheel controls.