Sponsored

Who in the PNW goes topless and door free all summer?

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Just curious with all of the new electronics and more refined interior, who up here in the great wet north go topless or at least bikini top all summer in their JL?

I'm narrowing down choices, and my expectation is to go with a hard top and put on a bikini top and half doors for the whole summer, but I'm a bit worried about our wet days that leaving it uncovered for the whole summer won't age it well. This might make me choose a soft top instead so it's just easier to take off for sunny days (no, I don't like the look of the one-touch).

It'll be my daily, but I work from home :) so it will be in my garage instead of in a parking lot most of the time. Not too worried about theft or anything like that, just more about the light rains that pass through.
Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
A816D3A7-B981-4717-95E6-F61C670AF700.jpeg
E0AEF577-D979-42CD-BC5C-C177BB57CF8B.jpeg
Just curious with all of the new electronics and more refined interior, who up here in the great wet north go topless or at least bikini top all summer in their JL?

I'm narrowing down choices, and my expectation is to go with a hard top and put on a bikini top and half doors for the whole summer, but I'm a bit worried about our wet days that leaving it uncovered for the whole summer won't age it well. This might make me choose a soft top instead so it's just easier to take off for sunny days (no, I don't like the look of the one-touch).

It'll be my daily, but I work from home :) so it will be in my garage instead of in a parking lot most of the time. Not too worried about theft or anything like that, just more about the light rains that pass through.
I went a majority of the summer with top off, doors off, window folded down. I have an emergency cover/Bimini top Incase it rains..I’ve had ZERO issue with electronics etc. you can pull the floor pan drain plugs and spray the interior out....

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
A816D3A7-B981-4717-95E6-F61C670AF700.jpeg
E0AEF577-D979-42CD-BC5C-C177BB57CF8B.jpeg

I went a majority of the summer with top off, doors off, window folded down. I have an emergency cover/Bimini top Incase it rains..I’ve had ZERO issue with electronics etc. you can pull the floor pan drain plugs and spray the interior out....
That was my hope. Ordered with a hard top only, and I was planning on doing exactly that with a bimini top on hand. I'm hoping that some good quality half doors with removable vinyl tops will come out for the JL by next summer so I can use those as well.

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I'm too close to a heavily populated area but if I lived in a rural area with a garage? I'd be all for that. When they build a car like this with an expectation that those pieces should come off easily I would expect electronics to be waterproofed.

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I'm too close to a heavily populated area but if I lived in a rural area with a garage? I'd be all for that. When they build a car like this with an expectation that those pieces should come off easily I would expect electronics to be waterproofed.
I think they are to some point, but it's a big cost if I'm wrong. It'll be in the garage most of the time, so I'm going to try it out (with a bimini top kept in case of real rain) next summer and hope for the best.

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I think they are to some point, but it's a big cost if I'm wrong. It'll be in the garage most of the time, so I'm going to try it out (with a bimini top kept in case of real rain) next summer and hope for the best.
Oh I'm sure! I still remember a long time ago we had the top off of my dad's 2001 Sport and a massive downpour started. Never caused any damage whatsoever (though naturally the electronics weren't nearly as advanced at that time).
Sponsored