Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top Jeep JL's!

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green
Does anyone know if you can still fold the windshield down with the Sky One top?
Sponsored

phillipndavis

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Has anyone checked availability to order a Sky one-touch after the fact?

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Does anyone know if you can still fold the windshield down with the Sky One top?
No you should not fold the windshield down if you have a Sky One-Touch Power Top. I had heard that earlier, but I would the warning on page 164 of the owner's manual. It said that lower it would cause damage to the the top and the convertible seal.

Sponsored

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green
No you should not fold the windshield down if you have a Sky One-Touch Power Top. I had heard that earlier, but I would the warning on page 164 of the owner's manual. It said that lower it would cause damage to the the top and the convertible seal.
Ok, thanks.

phillipndavis

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Yep! Mine is a power top.
I probably didn't ask my question in the right way. It sounds like you ordered your Jeep with that top. (Congrats, btw!)

I already have my Jeep with the standard hard top, but would like to replace mine with the Sky top. Other than the fella that somehow found one and cobbled it together, has anyone ordered one and had it installed after the fact?

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I probably didn't ask my question in the right way. It sounds like you ordered your Jeep with that top. (Congrats, btw!)

I already have my Jeep with the standard hard top, but would like to replace mine with the Sky top. Other than the fella that somehow found one and cobbled it together, has anyone ordered one and had it installed after the fact?
Sorry,
It is not available as an after-market option. I doubt it will ever be.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I feel like the giant plastic sport bar is holding back a lot of hidden potential for freedom
I agree . I would feel better if it similar to the JK style. Smaller and padded.

Ya, my first Wrangler was a TJ. I miss the open-ness of it. These new Wranglers have too much plastics in the roll cage or sports bar. Seems like a normal SUV with missing sheetmetal panels when I see a pic from the TOP.

Sponsored

GraniteRubiGA

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Executive
Vehicle Showcase

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How's the noise compared to the regular hardtop?
It is different. It is much quieter than a soft top.
Road sounds seem to be about the same as the painted hard top.
BUT, noise from above... like a jet or echos from under an overhead bridge are pretty loud.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Any owners with the Sky top in snow states? I am curious how they are feeling about it in the depths of winter? Does it feel insulated enough? Any sag from the weight of snow?

OP
OP
singaporeIrish1

singaporeIrish1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 Ram TRX; 2020 Supra
How's the noise compared to the regular hardtop?
We have a 2018 JLUR Sky One Touch and a 2019 JLUR Hardtop (with factory hardtop headliner). Hardtop is quieter for sure .... particularly if there is any overhead noise (passing a semi, overpass, airplane). Not significant ... wouldn't dissuade me if I wanted convenience of Sky One Touch.
IMG_1735.jpg

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
We have a 2018 JLUR Sky One Touch and a 2019 JLUR Hardtop (with factory hardtop headliner). Hardtop is quieter for sure .... particularly if there is any overhead noise (passing a semi, overpass, airplane). Not significant ... wouldn't dissuade me if I wanted convenience of Sky One Touch.
IMG_1735.jpg
Those look fantastic!!

Have you pulled the hardtop on your 2019? Just curious if you have any regrets of not having 2 Sky or 2 Hard/ Soft top vehicles? I only ask as i have an 18 JLUR dual top and i am going to reorder when the diesel becomes available and I am 90% certain i want to go Sky. Have yet to see one in person though :(
Sponsored