License plate relocation

Boogati

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (eventually)
The aftermarket parts are starting to come in and while I’m seeing a lot of stuff I like, I haven’t seen any rear license relocation solutions for the rear bumper. If I end up with a going with a steel/aluminum aftermarket bumper, I have to move the license to the spare tire, but I don’t want to cover up the camera. Anybody seen any aftermarket product or have any ideas on a solution if I swap out the rear bumper?
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
There were spare tire mounts that were for the JK that should fit with the same bolt pattern, but they may block the backup camera. The only place you could mount it would be with the upper two bolts on the spare.

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
You can relocate the camera very easy to anywhere you want.

OP
OP

Boogati

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (eventually)
I have seen that, but I still want to keep the spare in place. Hoping the aftermarket comes up with a relocate to the spare that doesn’t block or move the back up cam.

Sponsored

surferbandit

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
I’m debating between ACE’s, Artec’s, or JCOffroads relocation brackets. Artec’s looks like the easiest install but does not include the light yet (per their website) which gives me another thing to figure out. JC’s looks great but the install seems to be the most involved. With all of that said I think I’m leaning towards ACE but wanted to ask if anyone had any opinions.

I just bought (but have not installed) the Westin bumper and tire carrier and there is nowhere to mount the plate.

If you have any advice I’d love to hear it! Thanks in advance...

Jeepneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepnecks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Occupation
Real Estate Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I’m debating between ACE’s, Artec’s, or JCOffroads relocation brackets. Artec’s looks like the easiest install but does not include the light yet (per their website) which gives me another thing to figure out. JC’s looks great but the install seems to be the most involved. With all of that said I think I’m leaning towards ACE but wanted to ask if anyone had any opinions.

I just bought (but have not installed) the Westin bumper and tire carrier and there is nowhere to mount the plate.

If you have any advice I’d love to hear it! Thanks in advance...
I'm leaning towards the ACE as well, but would like to hear some feedback first.

Sponsored

mtnbiker73

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 JKU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the ACE relocation bracket, ACEJLSTPR. The only problem with it is the camera mount is straight, and not angled down like the factory. I'll probably end up replacing it with the Poison Spyder one once it comes out next year.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
The aftermarket parts are starting to come in and while I’m seeing a lot of stuff I like, I haven’t seen any rear license relocation solutions for the rear bumper. If I end up with a going with a steel/aluminum aftermarket bumper, I have to move the license to the spare tire, but I don’t want to cover up the camera. Anybody seen any aftermarket product or have any ideas on a solution if I swap out the rear bumper?
That license plate mount came with the dv8 bumper. Maybe they will sell it separately.
received_505761959940248.jpeg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
LOD is coming out with a version in the next few days that accommodates the plate, camera, and backup light. Looks like a super easy install as well.