Sponsored

Quake LED Halo Review

Voodoobadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JL
Just got my LED headlight/fog lights yesterday after we bought them at Jeeptoberfest. Totally excited to get up and get them installed today BUT, there is absolutely no way that the plugs will reach to the drivers side to connect the lights. The only way to get them to even be close to reaching is to mount the box on the frame, up in front of the radiator....... am I missing something?
Check the box carefully. You should have a 4-pin extension (~4 feet long) wire included separately in the contents.
Sponsored

slomen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL
Check the box carefully. You should have a 4-pin extension (~4 feet long) wire included separately in the contents.
We don't - it looks like it was not included. We also just spent an hour trying to get the fog lights to line up and there is no way that's happening either. Looks like I'll be reboxing and sending the whole thing back.

Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
We don't - it looks like it was not included. We also just spent an hour trying to get the fog lights to line up and there is no way that's happening either. Looks like I'll be reboxing and sending the whole thing back.
I havent done mine yet, but did yours come with brackets for the fogs? My box came with brackets and hardware for both the JL Sport and the JL Rubicon/Sahara bumpers.

Voodoobadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JL
Here are some more pics from the installation.

I cleaned up the wiring and used some conduit in areas by the battery and air box to keep all wiring organized, away from moving parts and hot areas, and ensure the air box fit easily into its assigned grommet nipple spots.

Behind Quake LED Light:
WUwko9j.jpg

Air Box Area (Important): Note all the wiring is tucked by the fender area along with all the other factory wiring. If the Jeep ever requires servicing, the mechanic will not have to mess with some random wires spread all over the place. The red-black wiring you see is from my NOCO battery maintainer that routes from the battery to the front bumper area. In the center of the picture, you will see some kind of air duct. To its left and right, you will see two quarter-sized holes. Do not obstruct these or place wires around them because they will prevent the air box nipples from securely gripping the metal frame.

0DyQi7I.jpg

pLfKOPj.jpg

j7KI0xO.jpg

Soldering Wires to Auxiliary Switch Bank wires: Note, I am using the 15A Switch 4 wire (tan/brown colored wire). My MOPAR Offroad Lights are using Switch 3. I have added an inline-fuse for precaution.

-----Pre-Solder:
kzbm9LB.jpg

-----Post-Solder (tinned and mechanically solid):
GuYmgfi.jpg

-----Apply marine grade heat shrink tubing for a waterproof seal:
CPWy7qw.jpg

-----Consolidating wiring:
itfebbU.jpg

Touching-Up the Quake LED Bluetooth Controller:
fUagvkS.jpg

slomen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL
I havent done mine yet, but did yours come with brackets for the fogs? My box came with brackets and hardware for both the JL Sport and the JL Rubicon/Sahara bumpers.
It did. However, the holes don't line up or fit over the plastic 'pin' that sits next to the attachment point for the fogs. I'm not drilling out the holes or cutting off the pins, so, I think they are going back.

Sponsored

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Finished my fog install yesterday with the bumper. It's a little hard to tell from the pic but the fog halos are brighter than the headlights because they sit under a clear ring. The headlights are behind an opaque ring. I'm guessing that's to diffuse the light; probably so they can lower the density of LEDs in the ring. I'd have preferred them to have the same look. The fogs stand out more during the day.

7tFIIpN.jpg

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
7tFIIpN.jpg

I think the set up looks pretty sweet! Nice work.

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Thanks! Just for the record I would install the halos again. If the diesel hits the market in 2019 I'll probably order a 2-door Rubi in 2020 but I'll pass on the factory LEDs and buy the Quakes again. I prefer the look and they're a few hundred bucks cheaper.

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
I ordered the halos last week- fedex is set to deliver them tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Sponsored

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
sales
Recvd the lights. No 4 pin extension cable....

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
sales
For those of that wired to the fuse box- how did you penetrate the cover?

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I ran the hot wire out the fuse bar side of the PDC. The lid snaps shut and it's not pinching the wire. I was going to make a small notch on that side if it pinched.

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
sales
Anyone know the current draw on this? Wondering what size fuse to use.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Are these Quake LED’s a drop in replacement as in no splicing, I have the halogens on my JLU Sahara and looking for a true plug and play LED with halo
Sponsored