Thief proofing your LED Lights?

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
I've owned more Wranglers than I could remember, so I'm use to expecting the unexpected to get stolen (hard top, spare, doors, bumpers, etc). But I've never had LED lights on my rigs. Would love to see anti theft options for a set of Rigid cube lights (bolts, locks, ??) that I'm going to mount on my rig.

Unknown.jpeg
Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Unless they're going to rip your grille off, this is pretty damn thief proof
Westin-Automotive-JL-Wrangler-SEMA-2018-5.jpg
Westin-Automotive-JL-Wrangler-SEMA-2018-2.jpg
Westin-Automotive-JL-Wrangler-SEMA-2018-1.jpg
43512896_277802006199536_5428410399417653191_n.jpg

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I've owned more Wranglers than I could remember, so I'm use to expecting the unexpected to get stolen (hard top, spare, doors, bumpers, etc). But I've never had LED lights on my rigs. Would love to see anti theft options for a set of Rigid cube lights (bolts, locks, ??) that I'm going to mount on my rig.

Unknown.jpeg
Screenshot_20181113-210931_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I’ve just accepted that if a thief wants it, they will either get it or destroy something trying. I had $9k worth of damage to the roof of my fj when some punk kid decided to try and steal my Yakima racks.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I have 5 of those lights on my Rubicon and not worried at all about theft. Sure, someone could take the time to unbolt the light but the wires the way I ran them would have to be cut - wouldn't be able to access the connector to unclip. That in itself is a deterrent:muscle:.

Voodoobadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JL
The lighting industry should innovate special designs into the assemblies to discourage theft. My ARB lights had a three deterrents - main assembly bolt to the mount, a special cover that hid a tamper-proof hex bolt.

Something like a proprietary tool from the manufacturer would be neat, like the tools used to remove the “spider tags” on products at stores.

If the lights are really expensive, then mounting them only when necessary is probably the best route to avoid theft.
Sponsored