Sponsored

Alpine Camera Compatibility

WisTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I was not able to get an answer to this simple question by contacting both Quadratec and Alpine support. I bought an Alpine camera HCE-C2600FD from Quadratac. Simple question: Can this camera be connected to a Jeep JL factory installed 8.4" Unconnect screen? If it cannot be connected directly, can it be connected using the Tazor Jeep JL video cable kit from Z Automotive and using a Tazor to activate the camera using the Cargo Camera setting?
Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Great Question.... would like to know as well!

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hi there,

We have not personally tested this with a factory JL head unit. I do not have any confirmation on this with regard to working with a factory JL head unit with/without those Tazor products you mentioned. We do not sell that, so I am not sure in that regard. For the camera itself, my info just states: "This universal fit camera was designed to be compatible with any Alpine Restyle, AVN, or AV system with a camera input as well as any other AVN/AV head unit with a composite video input."

Here's what the connectors look like:

Alpine-Front-Multi-View-Camera-HDR-180-Degree-HCE-C2600FD-Add.jpg

Thank you & have a great day,

-Rick
Sponsored