Sponsored

MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Moab
For those lucky owners who are driving Moabs already, how do you like the stock tires?
I've had mine for a little over a month now. Picked up on 9/30 and have just under 2000 miles so far. (We drive it everywhere.)

On balance, the KM2s are not bad, in my opinion. They are probably the weak link on the MOAB, but that's just because the rest of the Jeep is so well done. They look great, but you do give up some on-road stability. That being said, I do NOT think they're as bad as I thought they were going to be. It's rained basically every other day since I got the Jeep, so I've driven it on a lot of wet roads. One time, I took a turn a bit too fast and got loose a little. Since then, I am careful with the throttle and turns on wet roads, but it's never gotten loose once since then, and while I'm being careful, I'm not driving it "slow."

By comparison, I have a Sierra with all-season (i.e., road biased) tires, and they break loose all the time when the road is wet, any time I'm accelerating on an incline or around a turn. (Obviously, the back end of a pickup is always going to get loose more easily, but just using it as a comparison.) I typically put the Sierra in 4 Auto just to avoid that. I've only put the Jeep in 4 Auto once - in an absolute downpour and just as a precaution; not because I was losing traction.

So, I'm fine with the KM2s and not considering swapping them out right now. I do need to see how they perform in the snow - that will be the bigger test for me. If they get loose too easily in the snow, I'll definitely be looking to swap for Duratracs or KO2s.

Sponsored

CharlieRG10

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Guys,

Looking for recommendations. Once you have vin, whats the best way to track your order?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Guys,

Looking for recommendations. Once you have vin, whats the best way to track your order?
Sit and wait for your dealer to call. It's not like you can control any part of the build process. Just cause yourself anxiety and heartache if it appears held up in a build/ship status.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Who needs a MOAB!!! Hood is on the way!

C58B52BF-BF76-494E-B61B-6ED0D651A1D2.jpeg

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Guys,

If you join JeepGarage for $30, you’ll get regular updates on where your Jeep is in the process. He usually refreshes the data 3-4x per day. It doesn’t make your Jeep arrive any faster, but it does help if you’re one of those anxious people who needs to know (as I was).

CharlieRG10

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
If you join JeepGarage for $30, you’ll get regular updates on where your Jeep is in the process. He usually refreshes the data 3-4x per day. It doesn’t make your Jeep arrive any faster, but it does help if you’re one of those anxious people who needs to know (as I was).
Thanks Kurt. I actually went in it and I saw a message indicating that they were holding off for now as they are overwhelmed with requests.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Black, she insisted on black. "Black out all the things!", she said. Which is what justified me going for the MOAB package vs getting a Sport S and upgrading things myself. It's pretty much done for her now and she adores it. Outside of giving birth, I have never seen her so happy.

IMG_20181022_153154.jpg
Damn, blacked out Moab looks better than a Rubicon

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Fully loaded MOAB in white with dual top is now in F status (paint)! Ordered first thing in the morning 9/29

MrMoab

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Fully loaded MOAB in white with dual top is now in F status (paint)! Ordered first thing in the morning 9/29
Congrats! I ordered same day as you and still sitting in D1. Hopefully starts moving soon.

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
Congrats! I ordered same day as you and still sitting in D1. Hopefully starts moving soon.
I ordered my Moab on 9/21, hit D1 on 9/24 then went JB status on 11/5 and has been sitting there ever since...was hoping to move through JB quicker but appears a lot of folks are in the same boat.
Sponsored