Sponsored

S-Tech Switch install

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
I hadn't seen anyone use this switch system yet on here so I thought I'd share an additional option for auxiliary switches.

I came across a company called S-Tech as they are out of Colorado where I live that make a set of switches that can be used for lights and install cleanly in the dashboard.
20181027_162239.jpg

20181027_162225.jpg

...I know the wires look a bit messy but I previously set up multiple other lights as well as a winch before installing this.

You can get it in either a four switch or six switch setup and its a lot more affirdable than the Mopar option. It additionally requires no flashing of the vehicle and if you use the code jllife20 you get 20% off :like:.
Sponsored

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I hadn't seen anyone use this switch system yet on here so I thought I'd share an additional option for auxiliary switches.

I came across a company called S-Tech as they are out of Colorado where I live that make a set of switches that can be used for lights and install cleanly in the dashboard.
20181027_162239.jpg

20181027_162225.jpg

...I know the wires look a bit messy but I previously set up multiple other lights as well as a winch before installing this.

You can get it in either a four switch or six switch setup and its a lot more affirdable than the Mopar option. It additionally requires no flashing of the vehicle and if you use the code jllife20 you get 20% off :like:.
Looks like a quality find.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I actually like the concept behind the S-Tech switches more than sPod not because of the cost but because there's no circuit board. It's all basic wiring and relays. If it gets damaged or wet it's a lot easier (and cheaper) to fix than the circuit board on sPod.

One_adam12

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4 door
I just installed my S-tech kit today, took me longer to get the wire through the fire wall then to install the rest of the kit. Super easy and straight forward would definitely recommend it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
xpsruler

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
I just installed my S-tech kit today, took me longer to get the wire through the fire wall then to install the rest of the kit. Super easy and straight forward would definitely recommend it.
Sounds like you had the same experience I did. The install went smoothly but oh my gosh was it a pain to get that wire through the firewall! Lol. The only other challenge was what to do with all of the excess wire for the positive terminal.

Killer47

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, Ford F-350 Platnum Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I installed this setup last weekend, “luckily” I had a rear light to wire up so I was able to tape that to a clothes hanger to push it through the firewall, then pull the main wire back. Definitely the only hard part. Look for the install video on youtube. Scott, the owner, was awesome, I called first as I had some questions and he called me right back and even text me pictures of my unit to show the final build. Also if you dig around the website, you’ll find a new button array, that’s all black, with small LEDs that light up (in your chose of colors) only when when turned on...very subtle and factory looking. A+

Jschmadeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks for posting up the discount code! Just ordered a set.