OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

HRP

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon & 2018 JLUR
I was sure this was my color but whenever I see a jk in blue on the street and google it isn’t as appealing esp in metallic. I’m worried this might end up being too metallic and shiny in real life. It does look amazing in the builder
Exactly my feelings.....The factory renderings shown on Jeep.com may not look like that in person. I don't see the metallic in the color on the build site. As I posted above, I currently have a 2012 Rubicon Cosmos Blue, which I think is the best Blue they have had....the one as posted is much darker but I like it.
I'd hate to wait 2/3 months for it to be delivered to a dealer, check it out, like or not like it, and wait another 6 weeks to get one delivered.
I am ready to buy now and looking at my options.....there is certain JLUR options I want and don't want......so I may have to custom order.
The problem is ... what does the Ocean Blue really look like......
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I really, really like the blue but will probably wait to see it.

TheMindbender

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
I was sure this was my color but whenever I see a jk in blue on the street and google it isn’t as appealing esp in metallic. I’m worried this might end up being too metallic and shiny in real life. It does look amazing in the builder
Blue is my absolute favorite color but it dont think it looks as good on a Wrangler

I am interested to see how Ocean blue work out though

Sponsored

hilljackglh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150. 2018 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Retired Dentist
Put deposit down on Ocean Blue Rubi yesterday in Lexington, Ky. Can’t order yet but locked in price. Too many greenbacks to regret later if I settled for Red. I’ll give them till March. Jeep could treat it’s potential customers with basic courtesy n date what “ late availability “ actually translates to. Dealer has Red Rubi in transit so hopefully I can resist being starstruck.

Jeepvkk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza, Audi Q5
Put deposit down on Ocean Blue Rubi yesterday in Lexington, Ky. Can’t order yet but locked in price. Too many greenbacks to regret later if I settled for Red. I’ll give them till March. Jeep could treat it’s potential customers with basic courtesy n date what “ late availability “ actually translates to. Dealer has Red Rubi in transit so hopefully I can resist being starstruck.
That's a nice idea. What did the contract look like? Did you do a full build and price and then left color TBD in a separate signed sheet or something?
Would you mind sharing?

hilljackglh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Dentist
That's a nice idea. What did the contract look like? Did you do a full build and price and then left color TBD in a separate signed sheet or something?
Would you mind sharing?

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Ocean blue is supposed to be released in early Feb.

I was hoping for Hydro blue. Chief was too light imo, but I'm concerned that Ocean blue will be a little darker than I prefer. The first pic in this thread is probably a pretty good estimate of the actual color...much more so than the configurator. "Ocean blue" has been used on Silverados lately. I believe it's the same color that Jeep is using, but I'm waiting to see actual pictures before I make up my mind.

hilljackglh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Dentist

I was hoping for Hydro blue. Chief was too light imo, but I'm concerned that Ocean blue will be a little darker than I prefer. The first pic in this thread is probably a pretty good estimate of the actual color...much more so than the configurator. "Ocean blue" has been used on Silverados lately. I believe it's the same color that Jeep is using, but I'm waiting to see actual pictures before I make up my mind.

W

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sponsored

hilljackglh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Dentist
Where did you get information regarding release of Ocean Blue in early February?

hilljackglh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Dentist
Hey fellow ocean blue fans,

What fender top combo you looking to get?

I don’t generally like the look of the plastic fenders, looks “cheap” to me (especially for a $50K+ vehicle) but I like how it breaks up the color when paired with the black top.

hilljackglh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Dentist
Ordering color flares

momo1315

Ocean Blue Metallic is an available color on the 2018 Chrysler 300. There's a lot of them on dealer lots at the moment.
Here are a few pics in different lighting conditions as well as a video of the Chrysler 300 in Ocean Blue Metallic.

ejTE5k6.jpg

EwA4QGH.jpg

9o5KEqk.jpg

lm7go7b.jpg

Z7PeJyw.jpg

Sponsored