Sponsored

Goin2drt's Sting Gray JLUR build

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Obviously your doing it right. Meant for myself not getting it done right or causing other issues due to my work ( don't ask me how I know that) ...
Sponsored

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
I added LED lights to my steps. So RSE sells a kit for $70. Being cheap I decided to give this a go myself first.

So I bought these lights for $7.99.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GJ3O0J8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I went and got 2 new connectors like in the pic for $4.09 as that was easy to match the LEDs connector then the RSE connector.

Can you help me figure out what other pieces you needed for this install. I see the LED strip light. But it's not exactly clear what else you purchased? What do you use to attach the led strip to the step up bar? Is there a plug on the bar that receives something or do you wire it?

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Can you help me figure out what other pieces you needed for this install. I see the LED strip light. But it's not exactly clear what else you purchased? What do you use to attach the led strip to the step up bar? Is there a plug on the bar that receives something or do you wire it?
Great chatting. Good luck on your install.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FINALLY. Wow it took me forever to decide what tires I wanted. After much agonizing I decided on the Toyo. Here they are mounted up. I still need to order up lug nuts but now I have a bigger issue. We got relocated to KY so the Jeep is on its way there and these are in the garage in SoCal. Not sure when they will get mounted.

Also working with LOD we decided to go with their full set up. Front, rear and tire carrier. Waiting for it to arrive in raw metal and then we are going to powder coat it Sting Gray if I can get a match from the shop. If I can’t get a match, well then no idea.

DB052C54-73C1-4873-B95C-E201D560EE89.jpeg

Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Excited to see how she looks when you're done! Hopefully Kentucky is better than CA (heck I'm sure anything is ha!)

Post some pictures once you get those LOD items! Their back bumper is still on my radar down the line but not for a while!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
FINALLY. Wow it took me forever to decide what tires I wanted. After much agonizing I decided on the Toyo. Here they are mounted up. I still need to order up lug nuts but now I have a bigger issue. We got relocated to KY so the Jeep is on its way there and these are in the garage in SoCal. Not sure when they will get mounted.

Also working with LOD we decided to go with their full set up. Front, rear and tire carrier. Waiting for it to arrive in raw metal and then we are going to powder coat it Sting Gray if I can get a match from the shop. If I can’t get a match, well then no idea.
Those wheels are looking good! Even if you can’t get a Sting Gray powder coat, you should be able to find a coat that will match the wheels.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excited to see how she looks when you're done! Hopefully Kentucky is better than CA (heck I'm sure anything is ha!)

Post some pictures once you get those LOD items! Their back bumper is still on my radar down the line but not for a while!
Very excited to break free of CA. Born and raised here. It is time for a new adventure and we are really excited. The LOD’s really fit the bill. Bumpers were tough. I had a lot of things I wanted.
  • Same company for front and back
  • Front had to re use the factory fogs, sunken in winch, smaller bull bar and good looks. Check
  • Rear I needed to re use the parking sensors, wanted an integrated tire carrier, license plate relocation that wouldn’t cover my new wheels :) I wanted to show those off. Check
Those wheels are looking good! Even if you can’t get a Sting Gray powder coat, you should be able to find a coat that will match the wheels.
Working on powder right now. Gonna try to match sting gray. If that works and then the wheels look bad we will powder the wheels. Next will be to match the wheels and see if that works for the bumpers and pull off sting gray and the argent from the wheels as the two colors. Last will be just go a semi gloss or satin black non texture for the bumpers and be like everyone else with black bumpers.

It should be interesting.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I have the LOD front and back, no parking sensors, and they came black powder coated. I am very happy with them.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, well, well looksy here, our @supremepower build just got a little better. We decided after long and hard consideration to go with @lodoffroad for all our front and rear needs. I had to have several must haves in a solution at LOD delivered.

• I wanted a front and rear from the same company
  • Front had to have sunken winch mounting, led fog light capable, small nice looking bull bar, great construction and workmanship (unfortunately here you are hearing of a few companies not doing this that scared me from their brands) and of course looked cool from my eyes.
  • Rear bumper needed to take on a tire carrier solution, have rear sensors capability and a license plate, rear camera etc tie in that looked good and worked.
The result will be the signature series front with bull bar and the destroyer rear set up with tire carrier and all the trimmings. Now off to powder coat as we got bare steel. That I will leave you all guessing until the final mounting.

6C237BEF-D6F8-40A6-98A5-B34B38D7FFB6.jpeg

C9E97262-4A5F-47F8-BEC0-E286A1B30ED1.jpeg

DC31D3AD-98CA-4743-93BF-FF2BC8F7C3BA.jpeg

Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
It looks so good!

What are your thoughts on the LOD rear bumper and tire carrier?

That's what we'll end up with one day, just not right now :)

Also, would you be able to post some more photos of the rear tire carrier? I'm curious to see how everything looks and sits. Additionally, are the rear sensors working correctly when you relocated them as well? The ones on our current bumper go off all the time because our spare tire is too big right now :p Just curious how it works on theirs.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks so good!

What are your thoughts on the LOD rear bumper and tire carrier?

That's what we'll end up with one day, just not right now :)

Also, would you be able to post some more photos of the rear tire carrier? I'm curious to see how everything looks and sits. Additionally, are the rear sensors working correctly when you relocated them as well? The ones on our current bumper go off all the time because our spare tire is too big right now :p Just curious how it works on theirs.
Sure will when all mounted. Still in boxes. Going to powder coat this week and depending on schedule not sure when I can get them mounted.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New bumpers getting installed today. I have been delayed a bit as work has relocated me across the country. I needed to find a new shop for my install needs as I do not want to wait until summer to do this work myself (corp. housing no garage or tools).

The lift and tires will have to wait as garage clearance where they have me living is 6'4".

Stay tuned for some LOD bumper love.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well pretty lackluster day. With all the moving, unpacking, powder coating, repacking and shipping all my parts we seemed to have lost a bracket for the rear bumper that I had to get from LOD. Only the front bumper could get done. Jeep is a mess so I promise the powder coat is nearly spot on to Sting Gray. Winch is also sitting bad in CA so that will be a while before install and the Factor 55 bling. Rear bumper going on later this week.

IMG_3199.jpg
Sponsored