2019 Model Year Jeep JL production has begun today

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
Exactly. If they can web the JK's, they can certainly include the 2019's. A lot of manufacturers do it that way (GM for one).

Certainly, this would benefit dealers as well. Joe Schmoe waltzes into the dealer, asking about the 2019's he just saw on the web. Salesman Joe Isuzu says "Yessir! we've got a truck of 2019's coming in right now! Let's look at the list and see which one you like so we can put your name on it before anyone else grabs it. Then let's get the paperwork started so you can be one of the very first to drive one home!"
Iā€™ll add my two cents the the website/order debate.

A few points:
1, I would think that it would be more ā€˜honestā€™ if they didnā€™t have a ā€˜Build your ownā€™ function that allowed you to build something that wasnā€™t I fact build ableā€” meaning a 2018 vehicle
2. Seems to me that all of the above comments would be resolved if they simply had the build your own component be set for 2019s and that they had a separate but equally accessible function that lets you do a detailed inventory search of 2018s.
Sponsored

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR Mojito!
img_228_b1_cebcd2_b_1-jpg.jpg

Maybe this was a real pic of tan that jeep released last month...
I wonder? I am guessing if JLEngineline saw Tan maybe they are testers for a new unannounced color. Maybe associated with the JT release which is in a few weeks?? That would be awesome.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

A few points:
1, I would think that it would be more ā€˜honestā€™ if they didnā€™t have a ā€˜Build your ownā€™ function that allowed you to build something that wasnā€™t I fact build ableā€” meaning a 2018 vehicle
2. Seems to me that all of the above comments would be resolved if they simply had the build your own component be set for 2019s and that they had a separate but equally accessible function that lets you do a detailed inventory search of 2018s.
Except most people that use those tools aren't going to order, they are looking for something in stock that closely matches their "build".

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
Understood, but that same thing could be accomplished through a better inventory search tool that allows you to pick options a little more directly than the current tool allows.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Understood, but that same thing could be accomplished through a better inventory search tool that allows you to pick options a little more directly than the current tool allows.
I agree. The website definitely could be improved upon.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
2019 Model Year has begun. Looks like it started sometime last night. Thanks everyone for your patience. I'll keep everyone updated when I start seeing the 3.6 BSG , 3.0 Diesel or anything else that might be new.
Is there any difference for 2019 ?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Hot damn... I missed that one. If so I am out $54K. My wife is going to kill me.
I would love to have the Gobi colic I think they called it in the JK WHEN THEY MADE IT. ARE YOU SAYING THEY'RE GOING TO MAKE ONE THIS YEAR IN THAT GOBI COLOR

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I know what you are saying, but still -- are there that many brain-dead Joe Schmoe buyers out there that haven't figured out that it's NOVEMBER 2018, and the 2019 model year is already well underway? In most car lines, 2019's have been being advertised, produced and sold for months already. A person might think that any half-sentient being with more than a pair of brain cells to rub together very likely would have picked up on that clue whilst shopping cars.

Oh well... Clearly, PT Barnum was quite perceptive. :giggle:
Exactly most manufacturers have had the 19s out for several months at least

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So far today we're just running 3.6 ESS, 2.0 ESS and 2.0 BSG. I haven't seen any diesel engines or any right hand drives. Has been more than normal 3.6 ESS Manuals today.
As of now, all we can order is the 3.6 Manual or 2.0 Automatic in certain models. To get a Rubicon with a V6, Automatic, it has to be a Sold order. A few others are that way also.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
When you mean sold you mean ordered at the dealership? And what do you do at the factory there's a guy named Scott Bloom that works in research and development I'll talk to him before

Sponsored

dugout68

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (ordered), 2018 Dodge Durango GT, 2015 Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I looked again and didn't see any Tan Jeeps. Sorry about that. And I couldn't take any pics of the Jeeps outside, it was pouring out.
More importantly, how is Suzie doing?

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

A few points:
I agree.

My personal anecdoteā€¦ my lease is coming up on my DD. I had toyed with the idea of making a JL my DD and getting rid of my weekend ride (LJ pictured). I went to the site and built a JL, but I couldnā€™t get past the lack of adaptive cruise. ACC is available on 2019ā€™s. The only reason I know this is because I was told by a friend and now Iā€™m planning on ordering one.
The logic everyone has used is that there are still 2018ā€™s on lots. So what is the logic behind being able to build 2019ā€™s of other models?
Itā€™s also completely deceptive to have the option to build a vehicle for less, when that cheaper version is no longer being built.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Itā€™s also completely deceptive to have the option to build a vehicle for less, when that cheaper version is no longer being built.
You could also argue its deceptive to build a car that isn't available on dealer lots yet, and may not be available for month or more. Let's be honest, the car builder on websites is to give you a ballpark idea on what is currently available and a ballpark price. 2019 and 2018 aren't much different, other than the Advance Safety Group which is $795 MSRP according to my build sheet. I'm not sure why people are having this much heartburn about not being able to build the 2019s on the website yet. If 2019 was available to build on the website right now, would it change anyone's plans to purchase immediately? If you want to order a 2019, go to a dealer and order. They have the prices. If you want "the cheaper" 2018, good news, thats all they have on their lots for now.

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
You could also argue its deceptive to build a car that isn't available on dealer lots yet, and may not be available for month or more. Let's be honest, the car builder on websites is to give you a ballpark idea on what is currently available and a ballpark price. 2019 and 2018 aren't much different, other than the Advance Safety Group which is $795 MSRP according to my build sheet. I'm not sure why people are having this much heartburn about not being able to build the 2019s on the website yet. If 2019 was available to build on the website right now, would it change anyone's plans to purchase immediately? If you want to order a 2019, go to a dealer and order. They have the prices. If you want "the cheaper" 2018, good news, thats all they have on their lots for now.
I built using the website, eventually ordered the exact same everything-in a 2019, from a dealer we bought from in the past. The guy couldn't find it anywhere in U.S., called me when the ordering banks opened for '19s, and said they could have it built at 2018 prices. Again, the prices on the site/build give you a ball park. DON'T pay what it says! Ha, anyway, 5% below invoice.
I don't think there is ANY discernible difference between the model years.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
I never go to a dealer without making sure I know exactly everything that is available, exactly what I want and exactly how much I am prepared to pay for those options. I acquire that knowledge by going over published option sheets and experimenting with different vehicle "builds" on the manufacturer's website. I cannot do my research and 'test builds' by sitting in a genuine chrome and Naugahyde client chair whilst the Salesperson tells me about options and his opinion of them.

Additionally, after decades of buying cars, I've found that in the vast majority of cases, what the salesperson says is just flat out wrong as far as what the options are and with what other options they are available. True, sometimes the web configurator is wrong too, but it is far more accurate on average than salespeople.

Perhaps I am alone on this, and most other people actually enjoy going to the dealer and spending all day chit chatting with the salesperson, asking him/her to go over all the options and lists over and over while they ponder their choices.
Sponsored

Last edited: