Sponsored

JL Delivery Checklist

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
This is extremely helpful. Thanks for putting this together. With a couple of exceptions (gas cap and lug nuts), I don't know what any of this stuff looks like. Can someone add photos to this last? It would be helpful to include photos of where in the vehicle these items can be found too, if they have a fixed location.

Thanks.
@Skipswift

IF you read through this whole thread, I believe you will find pics of most all the items on the list. Do some homework and if you can't find a specific pic/one, ask and someone will undoubtedly post here for you.
Sponsored

gonmudn

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU Mojito!
Are you sure you are supposed to get a receiver insert with the tow group? I have never had a receiver come with a new vehicle with the tow package including my '13 Rubicon. Bought new Fords and Rams...always get tow package and never got a insert?
I received one with mine. It was in the glove box because the dealership installed one of theirs as an advertisement. However, I did not receive the rubber cargo mat.

PAUL HARRIS

First Name
Baja Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
I came across a peculiar item that I overlooked at pickup time. We got a Sahara JLU off the lot. While we were working the details out I was told it was being detailed in the garage, but I didn't go and look. Afew days later I noticed the all weather floor mats in the front had a cut out presumably for draining water. The plugs were not included with the mats and the mats had just been placed on the floor without attaching to the posts on the carpet.
When I asked about the plugs, no one seemed to know why they weren't there. Part numbers were taken and a few days later I was told that the drain plugs are under the carpet and to access them I would remove the mats, make a small cut into the carpet and fish out the plugs. Then attach them to the all weather mats sealing up the hole in the floor.
No offer was made to bring it back to have the work done, and the indication by the technician was for me to be careful cutting the carpet. Has anyone had this situation?

Jeepbabe

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara Unlimited JL
I came across a peculiar item that I overlooked at pickup time. We got a Sahara JLU off the lot. While we were working the details out I was told it was being detailed in the garage, but I didn't go and look. Afew days later I noticed the all weather floor mats in the front had a cut out presumably for draining water. The plugs were not included with the mats and the mats had just been placed on the floor without attaching to the posts on the carpet.
When I asked about the plugs, no one seemed to know why they weren't there. Part numbers were taken and a few days later I was told that the drain plugs are under the carpet and to access them I would remove the mats, make a small cut into the carpet and fish out the plugs. Then attach them to the all weather mats sealing up the hole in the floor.
No offer was made to bring it back to have the work done, and the indication by the technician was for me to be careful cutting the carpet. Has anyone had this situation?

I gotta tell ya, I did my mats myself. I purchased really great mats much better then what Jeep was offering, so I took my Jeep,( which I ordered, with the carpeted mats and replaced them myself).The carpet was pretty much already cut except for two little sections,( one on each side). It took all of a second to do and Iā€™m quite fussy so I was glad to do it myself. Iā€™m a 60 year old female and I find sadly no one cares for your stuff the way you do so I try to do whatever I can myself. I saved the little carpet plugs incase I want to use the other mats without the plug so I can fill up the hole in the carpet.

PAUL HARRIS

First Name
Baja Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
I have always been the same about doing things myself for the same reason. Just not with automobiles. But Iā€™m learning.

Sponsored

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR Mojito!
Can someone who got dual top confirm how the soft top comes with the Jeep. If I remember correctly in the JK the soft top was kind of mounted inside the hard top and owners were advised to pull it out quickly because it could damage the hardtop driving with it like that.

Is it the same thing on the JLU or is it just boxes inside vehicle?

Thanks

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Can someone who got dual top confirm how the soft top comes with the Jeep. If I remember correctly in the JK the soft top was kind of mounted inside the hard top and owners were advised to pull it out quickly because it could damage the hardtop driving with it like that.

Is it the same thing on the JLU or is it just boxes inside vehicle?

Thanks
Big coffin-like box. Takes up the whole back with rear seats folded.

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR Mojito!
Big coffin-like box. Takes up the whole back with rear seats folded.
Crap. Thanks. So no easy way to use all seats for return trip from dealer? Want to bring kids for pickup.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Crap. Thanks. So no easy way to use all seats for return trip from dealer? Want to bring kids for pickup.
Unless you can find a way to strap it to the top, or rent a trailer.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
"Technician" ? Jargon ?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Was not happy with the partial lists, so created a more thorough version. I've attached a pdf and a word doc. Hope someone can utilize them!
Just printed this. I ordered a 19 JLUR and it arrived at the dealership today. Picking it up on Wednesday or Friday.

Skipswift

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I'm a total noob and don't know what stuff looks like or where I should look to find it, so I created the attached checklist with some pics from the thread. Hoping some of you good folks can fill in some of the missing details (additional pics, locations where items can be found, etc).

Attachments

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just spoke with Jeep chat and they said that the rear cargo cubby mat and the hitch receiver cover are not included.

I'm also missing the torx ratchet kit and the wiring harness as well, which the chat rep said they were supposed to be included. Hoping that the dealer will mail me the missing accessories.

EDIT: Iā€™m a moron. I found the torx ratchet kit, hitch cover and the cargo mat a month after picking up the Jeep. The Jeep came with a front license plate mount in a bag that I didnā€™t bother opening. I didnā€™t realize it had more stuff in the bag until I decided to check the mount the other day. I also didnā€™t realize the wire harness was already installed on the Jeep so it did come with it. My grand cherokee came with additional wiring so I thought that the JL would come with it. All is good :like:

Last edited:

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon