AEV JL Wrangler Products & Builds [SEMA 2018 - JLWF Coverage]

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
AEV didn't even release photos prior to SEMA, much less hand one over to a pool girl.
I don't know enough about JK vs JL to know how hard it would be to make a JK bumper fit a JL, but I just can't imagine someone with an otherwise stock JL going through it.
What I'm getting at is, pics or it didn't happen (of the pool girl, I don't care that much about bumpers).
Haha yeah I know I almost stalked her and snapped a pic, but I didn't want to, and I just assumed it was some other bumper I hadn't seen yet. Sounds like it was the JK bumper retro'd onto a JL. I know dealers trick out new cars when they sell them, though this thing looked stock except the rear bumper. I couldn't see the front though. Ah well.. maybe I will see it again next month when she comes by..
Sponsored

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
That thing is huge!!!! (thats what she said) :)

Sponsored

jeffrey4x4

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLSTC
Okay this sold me on the front bumper.

Do they have any rock sliders?
Same here. I was disappointed with this design at first. I am old and don't like change:). The front end is growing on me. This will be a spring purchase!

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
I'm also pretty sold on these bumpers after watching the video. Really want to see what the production weight of the front is, but I assume with the boron steel and the aluminum grill guard that it's probably gonna be less than most other options. Loving the modular end caps, compatibility with all OEM fogs (I have a Sport S), and weight savings, but even the skid with light bar support is a detail not found in most other products...

giphy.gif

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I'm also pretty sold on these bumpers after watching the video. Really want to see what the production weight of the front is, but I assume with the boron steel and the aluminum grill guard that it's probably gonna be less than most other options. Loving the modular end caps, compatibility with all OEM fogs (I have a Sport S), and weight savings, but even the skid with light bar support is a detail not found in most other products...
The video sold me on it too. They looked to big in the photos, but with the walk around and the description they don't look too big, but definitely solid. Modular is important, part of why I'm looking at the Icons too. I want stubby on the trail but full width on the road, so having the option is good (although I'm guessing cost is going to be a big factor in getting both).

Only thing I can't tell is if that step is a lighted license plate holder - looks like it would fit but I don't see any provisions for it in the video, particularly for the light. Anyone know if it's set up for a plate?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Where is the scoop on their JL lift options?

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
What blue is on the 2 door? Didn’t watch the whole video do they mention if it’s custom?

Sponsored

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
What blue is on the 2 door? Didn’t watch the whole video do they mention if it’s custom?
Its a custom paint job by AEV. If that color was available, I would 100% go for that. Love that shade of blue on Jeep.

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
anyone know if this is a no-drill rhino rack that mounts to the gutters? unlike the maximus-3 drill required one?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
anyone know if this is a no-drill rhino rack that mounts to the gutters? unlike the maximus-3 drill required one?

Looks like it based on the mounts. I just wish the would offer a full length roof version, as it looks weird to me for it not go end to end.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Love both bumpers. They look great, when I get my JT I'll 100% be getting the AEV bumpers for it.
Sponsored