Sponsored

18 or 17 inch Rims with 35s no Lift post your pictures

lagunajim

First day with the new Jeep...got the 35's installed.

315/70r/17 BFG KO2s...

Rides great - no differently than the stock rubi tires...
Nice. I'm going to do the same thing - the same 35's as you on the same factory rims. Are you thinking about doing the Mopar 2" lift to go with the 35's ? I wouldn't go any higher, but am debating the little lift.

From looking at the photos, no offense fellows but the 35's without a lift don't look proportional to the vehicle to my eye -- they look like oversized tires on a small Jeep. Maybe some like that low, big-tire look..

How'd you handle reprogramming the computer -- did they edit the computer or are you going to get an aftermarket flash unit?
Sponsored

coneklr

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sorry I might have missed it but I noticed earlier in this thread that 35's only fit on the stock carrier (Rubi) if you have the steel bumpers. Will they not fit with the plastic bumpers?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
They are Smittybilt Atlas Doorsteps for when I get a roofrack. Little step folds down. Has a bottle opener too. :beer:
I don't see those atlas doorsteps for the JL. Can you post a link? I only see for the JK.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Had the dealer put on 315/70/17 KO2s before I picked it up. Feels great, looks great. It's not broken in yet so I haven't been able to see if there is any rubbing for me yet. Fits fine on the tailgate, but I'm going to get a bumper tire carrier just to feel better about it and in case I end up going larger down the road. It's only a 10 pound difference from stock, so I'm not too worried about the tailgate as it sits.

8Y0BuG7.jpg

pGFRKJw.jpg

Sponsored

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
I am not sure but I plan on installing it. I think it depends on the weight of the new tire and rim. Don't quote me on this I believe the current spare holder is good up to 85 pounds. I am not 100% sure about that so maybe some of the other guys can chime in.
You only need the tail gate reinforcement if you plan on running 37s! :)

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
You only need the tail gate reinforcement if you plan on running 37s! :)
I thought that anything over the 85 pounds you need it but the guys at my local shop said no. But they did say the hinges would weaken in about a year or two.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
I thought that anything over the 85 pounds you need it but the guys at my local shop said no. But they did say the hinges would weaken in about a year or two.
I’ve done tons of research on whether or not I needed the tail gate reinforcement option prior to custom ordering my 2019 JLR and you technically only need it if you plan on putting 37s or larger, I even checked on this with the parts department from the dealership I ordered from and they told me I wouldn’t need that option if I’m only putting 35s on my Rubicon. I did not order that upgrade but got it fully loaded with everything else on it except for the steel bumper and smokers group. We’ll see how it holds up overtime! :)

eljayvee

First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl sahara unlimited
Members on here have previously stated that 35's are not a problem on the 3.45 gears. The upgraded ZF8 transmission makes a huge difference over the garbage 5 speed auto's on the JK's. There will be a noticeable loss in acceleration, but most will be able to live with it.
I’m aware this is an old thread but I’m new to this Jeep and Forum world. But I have a few questions. 1- if the regear isn’t necessary on Sahara to run 35s, is it still necessary to use the calibrator? 2- what’s the largest tire to run on the stock JL wheel with a 2-3” lift? I’m looking for like a 305/70/17. I appreciate all help.

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Had 35’s put on stock 17” rims and no lift. Tire shop said spare wouldn’t fit the mount. So after I got home, I discovered it was the third brake light. I adjusted the brake light up but found the tire was still pushing it into the wiper arm. So I said the hell with it! Third brake light deleted! I know, some will say unsafe and others will say illegal. But strangely enough, they don’t rub on the bumper at all.

6A425495-9CE1-449C-B99B-70B9D26024D2.jpeg
Sponsored