Sponsored

Start of the 2019 Jeep JL Wrangler production?

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Front cameras, did that mean for the ACC? Or an actual front camera that's usable via uconnect? Hope it's part of both bumper groups if so!
Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
I was wrong then i apologize .. The only 19s ive seen and worked on have the acc... The camera is in the windshield not the bumper

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
I believe Adaptive Cruise Control is not standard, but an option under the ALP Advanced Safety Group, which includes:

• ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL W/STOP (NH3) - W/DFT

• ADVANCED BRAKE ASSIST (BGG)

• ENHANCED ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (NH1) - W/DEM

• FULL SPEED FWD COLLISION WARN PLUS (LSU)
That's so disappointing. One of the reasons I waited for 2019 was for ACC, but I didn't realize ASG was the only way to get it so I didn't order it.

MiamiBeachJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler High Altitude Edition
That's so disappointing. One of the reasons I waited for 2019 was for ACC, but I didn't realize ASG was the only way to get it so I didn't order it.
I would contact your dealer and see if you can amend the order. It may be easy for them to do. Also keep in mind the Advanced Safety Group is over and above the AJ1 Safety Group (i.e., you need to order both if you want all of the features). The AJ1 SAFETY GROUP comes with (according to the order guide):

• BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION (XAN)

• INJECTION MOLDED BLACK REAR BUMPER (MBC)

• LED TAILLAMPS (LAY)

• PARKSENSE REAR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM (XAA)

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Kent at Peterson’s just told me 10 of his builds have moved to the body vendor. Mine’s still in D1.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Didn’t you think it was going to be free? Worst case cancel your order and start over. I suggest reading the order guide very carefully.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I was wrong then i apologize .. The only 19s ive seen and worked on have the acc... The camera is in the windshield not the bumper
Fun fact: I cracked my Acura windshield a couple times. You are supposed to get the camera recalibrated after replacing the windshield, I think Safelite charged around $300, dealer was cheaper, around $150, and I think the calibration was supposed to take around 1-1.5 hours. I am assuming the Wrangler will have a similar setup. Anyone know how prone Wrangler windshields are to cracks:(.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Fun fact: I cracked my Acura windshield a couple times. You are supposed to get the camera recalibrated after replacing the windshield, I think Safelite charged around $300, dealer was cheaper, around $150, and I think the calibration was supposed to take around 1-1.5 hours. I am assuming the Wrangler will have a similar setup. Anyone know how prone Wrangler windshields are to cracks:(.
The most prone out of any current vehicle lol. My buddy had his crack less than a mile from the dealership after buying it.

I was lucky and made it to my third jeep before having one crack. A riced out Honda cut me off and shot a rock back. I saw it coming and my reaction was "Noooooooooooooo." This was followed by a loud bang and the windshield cracking top to bottom and side to side...

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon

The camera isn't actually on the windshield its mounted to the rear view mirror on header... The camera itself is not hard to align... You just pop off a trim piece and can use a screwdriver... Idk how they would align it out in the field im not fimilar with the machinothey use... We have our own machines at the plant... But i wouldn't think you would need to align it again once you change the windshield ..... I actually have a 19 that needs a windshield with a camera i have to work on later so i can let you know if i had to realign it or not

Sponsored

JeepDada

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara Moab Unlimited JL
Jeep Chat update: my Jeep is “Waiting on parts” so I pushed for more info and wasn’t given anything helpful- however according to Steve some 2019s have started production. Hopefully that is good news for some of you... Not sure how reliable this info is though.

8F3A07D4-1BB9-428F-B6C7-CC180510BC17.jpeg

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
Didn’t you think it was going to be free? Worst case cancel your order and start over. I suggest reading the order guide very carefully.
I thought it was going to be free or part of the Safety Group. I didn't even think to check if there was an entirely new package.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Kent at Peterson’s just told me 10 of his builds have moved to the body vendor. Mine’s still in D1.
Yeah, he told me mine had done that but Jeep chat and Jeep Garage both still say im in D1. Not sure if I should be excited or not. lol

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yeah, he told me mine had done that but Jeep chat and Jeep Garage both still say im in D1. Not sure if I should be excited or not. lol
I contacted my my dealership back in September to get my VIN. I then made a pact with myself to not contact the dealer/Jeep chat until 10/29. 10/29 rolled around and I decided to make another pact to wait until next week instead. Better to do out of sight out of mind lol.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Dealers have the most up-to-date information. You would think Jeep chat would have access to the same but judging some of their responses, I doubt it. Jeep garage is usually a day or 2 behind.
Sponsored