Proposal: Low Center of Gravity Build - Billet Silver JLUR

chilly_one

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara; Granite Metallic
37” tires no lift. You could run 35” no problem. Just need to correct the bump stops.

2B883A20-2B17-4D5E-96F1-D24A16947B73.jpeg
That looks awesome with 37's. What did you do to the spare carrier to handle that tire?
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
@RCO/Marcus, are you going to put your JLUR on Dana 60 as well, or are you going to give the stock Rubi axles a try?

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
@RCO/Marcus, are you going to put your JLUR on Dana 60 as well, or are you going to give the stock Rubi axles a try?
I'm leaving the axles stock in our JL until they give me a reason to upgrade. I have faith in the stock JL axles. :)

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I am getting older (55 years old) and I don’t want the process of getting in and out of my Jeep on a daily basis to be a burden. I traded in a Porsche Cayman for this Jeep - and one of the main reasons was just that it was getting to be a hassle each day to just get in and out of the Porsche. Once you get to 55, I noticed that comfort begins to play a bigger role in your life. I just ran a 5K on July 4th so I am in good shape for my age - better shape than I was 5 years ago. But my tolerance for dealing with those little every day discomforts for asthetic reasons is much less than it was 15 years ago. Climbing in and out of my Jeep on multi-time per day (daily driver) basis seems like it would wear on me after a while and I would just turn around and sell the Jeep. So in order to keep the Jeep comfortable for its DD duties - I want to minimize the lift.[/QUOTE]

My 70th birthday present was our all white JLUR on 35's. The Warn Zeon 8 should be here Friday to help me get to the second floor Doctors office cause I'm lots worse than 5 yrs ago. My wife's 60th is next month and she wants a Cayman. I expect I will fall in and out of it like the Vette I had at 55. We are also in the Seattle area so it must be the water. I expect to keep the Rubi till I'm 80 and then trade for a wheel chair. Hope the wife keeps me and gets a Mini Van for my chair. If you want to compare notes PM me.

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I hear where your coming from. I'm torn between building an off road rig vs daily driver as well. As with anything, there will have to be compromises and it just comes down to what you want vs what you can live without. Do I want to lose 5 MPG to get big tires? Will I need side steps to accommodate a higher lift?

I'm all about testing out possible solutions before building/buying most modifications. I took a pile of 2x6 and 2x4 lumber scraps and stacked them up and tested different tire size/lift heights by running up on them and then seeing how climbing in and out will be. Now I have a 2dr sport so your already 1" to 1-1/2" taller with a Rubicon (springs are longer and tires are taller). But I found 1-1/2" was no big deal, 3-1/2" was about as high as I would want to go before having to go with some kind of step to get in and out. Now that I know that I can work backward and split the height I want between the lift and tire size.

OP
OP
Kurtj29

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Well, there will be no LCG build for my Jeep. I decided to trade in my 7 month old JLUR tonight for a 2018 GMC Sierra pickup. I guess I found that off road possibilities are not as easy to get to and find as I had hoped they were. Also my wife and I really like to do long road trips and while I loved driving my Jeep around town, doing a 5 hour interstate trip to visit the North Cascades, Bend Oregon or Eastern Washington is not really that comfortable in a JLUR. We put over 10,000 miles on the JLUR in little under 7 months trying to make it work.

I wish you all the best. I really appreciate the passion this group of people bring to their vehicles and offroading in general. I hope someone picks up my JLUR and uses it for what it was designed to do - Unfortunately, I did not.

My new ride... “Why do I need a 6.2L V8 and 420 HP? Why America of course....”

8CDC952D-9D20-4092-8543-41EAB02EEE8A.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: