2018 Jl Rubicon - speaker vibration

myphoto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle Rubicon
It turns out that a number of 2018 JL Rubicon's have a speaker housing problem with the left speaker under dash. My Rubicon was the 4th Rubicon with the same problem at the Santa Monica Jeep dealership. I hope this thread save some time and aggravations.
Sponsored

mrmarco21

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON JL 4 DOOR
Occupation
QA Aircraft Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
It turns out that a number of 2018 JL Rubicon's have a speaker housing problem with the left speaker under dash. My Rubicon was the 4th Rubicon with the same problem at the Santa Monica Jeep dealership. I hope this thread save some time and aggravations.
I have the same issue. Did they come up with a fix yet? My dealership want to see if it gets worse because they can't hear it. it happens a lot when it's talk radio or music with a lot of base.

Mole351

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Took mine in last week. Was told there was nothing wrong with it /there was nothing they could do.

Sponsored

Mole351

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the same issue. Did they come up with a fix yet? My dealership want to see if it gets worse because they can't hear it. it happens a lot when it's talk radio or music with a lot of base.

Yes - exactly - talk radio especially. I also have some weird vibration around the steering wheel underside (I THINK that’s where it is) due to the radio sound but cannot find it. Not as concerned about that as I can fix it once i figure out what it is

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Same issue here mostly on Talk radio, it is good that this seems to be well documented, I expected a problem with them finding it when I take it in now it should be an easy find and fix.

r75usmc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella
I just got my JLUR and am about 850 miles in. I listen to audio books all the time and I definitely noticed speaker rattle on the 8.4" Infotainment option speakers.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I noticed every now and again, but chocked it up to me turning up the BASS when listening to music. Only actually notice it when listening to Podcasts on iPhone.

On, iPhone X, wonder if it is trying to enhance bass.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
This is resolved in the last 2-3 pages of the posts in the thread re-posted by @OldGuyNewJeep . Anyone being told there's nothing that can be done is going to a dealer who either doesn't care or is simply incompetent. I've learned all my repairs/modifications etc. from these forum members... they're way more experienced and I come here for answers and solutions.

Mole351

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This is resolved in the last 2-3 pages of the posts in the thread re-posted by @OldGuyNewJeep . Anyone being told there's nothing that can be done is going to a dealer who either doesn't care or is simply incompetent. I've learned all my repairs/modifications etc. from these forum members... they're way more experienced and I come here for answers and solutions.

Yes I’ve been reading through that thread and have seen where some have been able to do the repair themselves. Will get the rest of the way thru it and give it a shot.

Thanks for posting. Kind of surprised my dealership had not heard of this, though my wife took it and said she was amazed at the chaos and how bad the service department was compared to the Honda dealership (same ownership) that we go to. She was appalled.

Obone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RUBICON
Occupation
physician
Mine is going in November 5 for this. Using a tone generator and my iPhone through the media connection I found that the vibration is heard between 140-170 hz. I’m still uncertain where it is coming from.