Where did you wrap you JL

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
For those of you that decided to wrap a portion or all of your JL with PPF...
  • Where did you do it?
  • what parts of the vehicle did you wrap?
  • How much did you pay?

I am interested in doing this to my jeep when I get it and would appreciate your .02

Thanks
Sponsored

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Now that I have the 35s on and road debris is getting splattered all over the side panels, I'm thinking of getting side panels up to the door handles and rear fenders covered. I'll use the same guy who did Xpel on my Z06...will call him and check on the pricing.

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Cool, let me know!

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I really want the xpel but it’s soooo expensive.
i usually wrap some portion of my cars. Almost all are sports cars and are lower so more prone to stone damage. I have probably wrapped or partially wrapped 15+ cars over the years. No regrets what so ever. Over the years I tried almost all of the different PPF companies. Xpel is the best in my opinion. The installer is important, find a good one. Pricing wise it's not so bad when you consider how much a re-spray is for the bumper or hood. Plus you don't have to worry about explaining paint work when you resell.

One cool feature of the last Xpel kit I had installed. It's self-healing for fine scratches.

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
i usually wrap some portion of my cars. I have probably wrapped or partially wrapped 15+ cars over the years. No regrets what so ever. Over the years I tried almost all of the different PPF companies. Xpel is the best in my opinion. The installer is important, find a good one. Pricing wise it's not so bad when you consider how much a re-spray is for the bumper or hood. Plus you don't have to worry about explaining paint work when you resell.

One cool feature of the last Xpel kit I had installed. It's self-healing for fine scratches.
I wanna do the grill, hood and fenders for sure. I just wish the doors would be cheaper. I know these tires are gonna throw up rocks and I don’t wanna see my new car all scratched up.

phillipndavis

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
For what it's worth, I ordered a 3M kit from NoChip and tried to do it myself. I got one fender and the flat front lights done, and that was enough for me. I'm going to try a local shop and see if they will finish the install for me.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Anyone recommend shops in the chicago area that are reasonable? Like to get the front grill, partial hood and maybe windshield frame. Some of these prices are insane though, I could just have it repainted for what some are paying.
Sponsored