Sponsored

MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Side note, if anyone is wanting to sell their black Moab rims, please PM me
Sponsored

Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU MOAB, '13 Nissan 370Z Roadster
I picked up my Sting Grey Moab one week ago, love it, but my hate for the BFG KMs continues to grow. I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy set of KO2s or Dueler AT Revo 3s. Thinking of going to 285/70/17s in one of those tires, leaning toward KO2s
I am waiting for my 2019 Moab but is apprehensive of the KM tires based on the postings. I will be a first time Wrangler owner and never driven one other than the test drive. I don't know what to expect or how it feels for any tires. From what I read, it sounds like the KO2s are better. Does anyone have creative ideas on how to swap the Moab KMs for something else (perhaps KO2s) with minimum financial impact?

Sponsored

NYC_Bobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2018 JL MOAB, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
We have a JL with KO2s and a MOAB with the KMs. The KMs are louder for sure. Wife doesn't care, she likes the whole MOAB package. I plan to eventually get around to putting on the KM3s on my JL but am not in a rush. I am guessing FCA didn't go with KM3s because the size wasn't available yet. It's a Jeep, if I wanted a quiet ride I would have kept my E350. We bought them to go up into the trails on the mountains.

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
Does anybody know the biggest size tire we can put on the Moab without a lift?

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Anything more than 33s would get tight. I know Rubicon owners (which have higher fenders) have said they noticed rubbing when trying to put 35s on the Rubi. So I def wouldn’t try it on the Moab.

Five Faces

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali
I'm finalizing which options to choose for my 2019 MOAB order and was wondering if anyone has pics of the different leather seat options:

CLT5 - Leather Trimmed Seats w/Sahara Logo (Black/Heritage Tan)
FLT5 - McKinley Leather Seats w/Jeep Logo (Black/Heritage Tan)
FLX9 - McKinley Leather Seats w/Jeep Logo (Black)

I'm leaning toward the McKinley Black Leather w/Jeep Logo, but would love to see pics to be 100% sure.

Thanks in advance.

MrMoab

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I'm finalizing which options to choose for my 2019 MOAB order and was wondering if anyone has pics of the different leather seat options:

I'm leaning toward the McKinley Black Leather w/Jeep Logo, but would love to see pics to be 100% sure.

Thanks in advance.
I don't have a pic but I looked in the Silver Moab at my dealer last weekend that had black leather with the Jeep letters and it looked great. Really the same as the standard Sahara black leather except seat has "Jeep" letters vs "Sahara"

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks in advance.
First of all you can’t get the Sahara seats on a Moab. But you can choose between black & tan seats. Below are pics of the tan interior.

7EF899EE-0052-4C0B-8937-1FA15D041F82.jpeg

41B35142-8907-451B-8756-B45F00D60AF5.jpeg

E3653C43-9CED-4D4F-9EC9-5F488085CDC9.jpeg

1B38BC5B-F69A-494F-8F27-5887B341FFED.jpeg

MrMoab

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
First of all you can’t get the Sahara seats on a Moab. But you can choose between black & tan seats. Below are pics of the tan interior

Kurtis this is actually a good question Five Faces asked. Do you know if the Sahara seats & the Moab seats are the exact same except the lettering?? I have always assumed the only difference was lettering.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are the same. Jeep has done this before on the JK’s. The volumes aren’t large enough on the special editions to justify stitching the model in the seats, so they just put Jeep. This way any unused “Jeep” seats can be used on the next special edition (Willy, Rocky Mountain, etc) that comes out in 2020. But they’re the same except for the stitching.

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
Has anyone put a lift and larger tires on Moab yet? Would love to see some pictures. I'll be a first time Wrangler owner so I thought I would drive it around for awhile before making any decisions but would like to hear what other people are thinking.

Five Faces

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali
First of all you can’t get the Sahara seats on a Moab. But you can choose between black & tan seats.
According to the order guide dated 10/04/2018 you can get the Sahara Logo (CLT5) tan seats on the 24M MOAB package, refer to page 7 under Leather Trimmed Seats w/Sahara Logo for the 2_M. Am I reading this incorrectly?

What you cant get is the Sahara Logo black seats on the 24M MOAB package. I'm leaning black anyway which leaves me only one choice JEEP Logo (FLX9) black seats. Just wanted to see pics for comparison before I order.

(BTW...Thanks for posting the pics.)
Sponsored