Sponsored

BLACK Wrangler JL Club

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Man, I am loving the black JLs. Kinda regret going with white over the black. My last car was black and I hated the high maintenance required to keeping it look clean. Turns out the white is just as bad!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I think white might be easier. One thing about the black is it shows EVERY swirl and scratch. I'm already due for a paint correction after 9 months. A little bit of trail scratching from branches but most is from daily use and washing even by hand. I tell my wife NEVER run it through a car wash... sometimes she listens :)

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I am loving the black JLs. Kinda regret going with white over the black. My last car was black and I hated the high maintenance required to keeping it look clean. Turns out the white is just as bad!
White was our other choice. I like the all black but sure like the white / black contrast as well!

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
Home sweet home

IMG_20181019_185330_156.jpg
Nice looking Jeep! Out of curiosity, how are Jeeps received over there in Europe? Do folks look at you like you are nuts? Some renegade? Nothing at all?

Sponsored

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I think white might be easier. One thing about the black is it shows EVERY swirl and scratch. I'm already due for a paint correction after 9 months. A little bit of trail scratching from branches but most is from daily use and washing even by hand. I tell my wife NEVER run it through a car wash... sometimes she listens :)
That's the exact reason why I decided against the black. the problem with the white is that dirt gets caked on pretty easily and needs some serious elbow grease to get rid off and at the same time risking scratching the clear coat.

But man does black look good when its corrected.

cktlarge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Beautiful ... November entry?
Most likely! I am trying to get some Milky Way shots though.. new headlights should look really cool with the stars. So we’ll see :p

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase