Quake LED Halo Review

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have to ask. Is the actual halo (quake) smaller than the factory LED lights ? The Mopar ones that aren’t available yet.
The halo does seem smaller and it probably is since the Quake Lights are 7” with an outer housing ring.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
The halo does seem smaller and it probably are since the Quake Lights are 7” with an outer housing ring.
Thanks buddy I noticed that in ads I’ve seen but wasnt sure. You just educated me. Nothing against anyone who has bought these new lights, they are really great but I personally want the full halo around. That’s just me. I almost ordered theses new ones. Again you educated meTHANKS!

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
This seems like a great product but the costs of these are crazy. People would be buying these left and right if they were more reasonably priced. That’s what we get for having the latest and greatest model.

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thanks buddy I noticed that in ads I’ve seen but wasnt sure. You just educated me. Nothing against anyone who has bought these new lights, they are really great but I personally want the full halo around. That’s just me. I almost ordered theses new ones. Again you educated meTHANKS!
I'm still on the fence for just that reason... Maybe letting @RRRENEGADE know that would cause them to get a full 9" set going soon.

OP
OP
JLow Rider

JLow Rider

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ
I sold the factory headlights for more than I paid for the Quake Halos. I could never be happier with the decision I made! These lights Rock! As for the haters. Jeep should have never messed with what made them a Jeep. Seven slot grill and a Seven inch Round headlight!

C4D1CFA7-C955-4300-8060-D77C0E7B0443.jpeg

E0A2CF43-6A2B-4CD5-88CF-65FCBE7552D3.jpeg

3DB8F171-560A-47BD-AC2B-8EDE40D9F6D2.jpeg

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I sold the factory headlights for more than I paid for the Quake Halos. I could never be happier with the decision I made! These lights Rock! As for the haters. Jeep should have never messed with what made them a Jeep. Seven slot grill and a Seven inch Round headlight!

That looks good. It seems like they do quality work, I’m just not sure how going to 9” was a bad move?

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
@JLow Rider thanks for the write-up and all the pics/video! Nothing beats seeing a real world users experience.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
So if you dont want drl or, turn signal, or colors is the little box not installed?

Sponsored

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)

Thanks for the pics, whats the lumen comparison with these quake halos vs oem led? Are they brighter than factory? And is there a mechanism for lowering/rising the led projection in these quake halos? Thanks

Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
So if you dont want drl or, turn signal, or colors is the little box not installed?
The controller box enables the halo as well as the RGB color options, and is wired to the fuse box or an available aux switch (if you have that option). The turn signals (if you want to enable them) requires a wire splice to your existing turn signal wiring if I understand correctly. My lights come in on Monday so will know more then.

Voodoobadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JL

Very nice, crisp beam pattern!

I should have mine soon too. I frequently travel along country roads with wildlife, so these will definitely illuminate the critters far and to the side of the road before I smack them.

OP
OP
JLow Rider

JLow Rider

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ
The Quake Halos were just plug and play. If I didn’t install the RGB controller for the the colors and turn signals I’d bet money I could do it start to finish in under 10 minutes.

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Not trying for the pun, but in the LED world. Size does Not matter. Its all about components. Take a look at many new performance cars, 2019 1500 Ram, and the Jeep Cherokee KL. They all have very small LED housings but have great light performance. Quake LED uses the best LED Diodes, thickest circuit boards, proven Quality reflectors and lenses, Impeccable quality control, best powder coating, thickest housings and heat syncs and many other internal components that make our lights hold up to the most brutal conditions and outperform the others. Many companies copy our designs but do not use the same quality components. They say imitation is the best form of flattery. At Quake LED we all own, drive and Love Jeeps. To Quote one of our valued customers..."Real Jeeps Have 7" Round Headlights!"
.....we get it, they’re quality products...very evident in the price.

It just for one looks like garbage when you can see the halo when the jeep is off and parked, and for two it looks cheap if it’s not all the way at the edge of the light

If the halo was clear instead of white when it is off, I might consider it...but for now I’ll run my cheap adapters and cheap lights that don’t have cheap looking halos
Sponsored