jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I am not sure, but it doesn’t appear that it would as it looks like is follows the angle of the sport bar. If the top was in safari mode, it would have to go back and then straight down. I’m on vacation (without my jeep :crying:) or else I would experiment for you.
Poor Jeep is all alone. :( When do you get back? I might be able to wait to order it. Also, I wish I had a promo code to pu into their promo code field on the raingearcovers.com website.
Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Poor Jeep is all alone. :( When do you get back? I might be able to wait to order it. Also, I wish I had a promo code to pu into their promo code field on the raingearcovers.com website.
I couldn’t find a promo code and got no response when I emailed them asking about one. Including shipping, it came out to be $5-6 more than what I had paid for the MOPAR one with 15% off, so pretty much a wash. With that said, it shipped quickly once I did order it. I should be home Monday. I plan on installing the Jeep Backbone cargo cover and switching to my hardtop. If so, I will try to throw the Rain Gear cover on before taking off the soft top.

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Any updates on this? I have been waiting for the RainGear JLU half cover because it would go over the top in Safari mode but they never answer email. I have the Mopar one but as others have mentioned, not the best so I was debating on buying the RainGear Trail cover but don't to get it, if it fits like he Mopar one. Ideally, it would go over the Safari top and cover the doors off but...

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Sahara. Ordered 9/25 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Vehicle Showcase
i have discovered with my JK that if you can maintain 50 mph or 80 kph or faster, rain and hail will pass right over and you won't get wet. I have been through a couple good storms like this and after the first few hail stones hit you in the head you tend to figure it out pretty quick.

Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I use to always carry a couple trash bags in the trunk to put over the seat or cover the dash if needed. They take up no space and in a pinch can really save you from having to sit on a soaked cloth seat.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
;)New constitutional amendment. No less than 1 of these for every 5 vehicles an outdoor parking lot can accommodate.

jeepparking.jpg

rigormortis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Vehicle Showcase
;)New constitutional amendment. No less than 1 of these for every 5 vehicles an outdoor parking lot can accommodate.
LOL!! Now that's a law I can get behind! : ^ )

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
reviving this thread as I'm looking for the same thing. I have dual top and really would rather not put the soft top on (i don't like how it looks when down) and my top lift pro makes managing the hard top so easy. I plan on getting seat covers for summer already but would really like an "emergency" type cover to throw on if stuck in a storm. Any new options out there?

Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Two scenarios:

1. No top is on at all, no soft top, no hard top. Need an emergency rain cover. Would pull over, put emergency rain top on, wait for rain to pass. Most of the time it is difficult to find a covered placed to get out of the rain. Also, would put it on when going to a movie, etc. and it could start raining. Weather forecast sucks. Example, yesterday, said zero percent chance of rain at 1:00pm. It poured for 35 minutes from 12:50pm-ish to about 1:25pm-ish.

2. Sometimes, will have the soft top on, sometime no doors, 4 people in the vehicle, dog and other stuff (food, cooloer, etc.) in the back. No room for window storage and don't want them to get F'd up/scratched. Emergency rain top is small enough to fit (attach to roll bars, etc.) where the windows won't. And emergency rain top would cover the doors as well. And obviously, can't bring the doors if it is in a doors-off mode.

The main reason for the emergency rain top is for #1 above. #2 is a nice to have, but would be more rare. Same original question applies though...
You are like me.... I go topless in spring, summer and fall... I purchased this:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/jeep-logo-cab-cover-jeep-wrangler-jl-82215371 I plan on cutting some holes for driver so to drive with this on if need be.

Otherwise if I get stuck in rain... wait it out. But I use a spriderwebshade and not far from home or old gas station with shelter to wait out rain. The family enjoys topless no matter the the temperature.

Disclaimer: I got the LONG spriderwebshade as to cut out back spray of rain. Photo is the short one.
50IMG_1523.jpg

sh3ri37

First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I bought this Bimini top last year and it does the trick if I’m caught out in the rain! Really quick to throw on and take off!

D4F8D84D-3705-4369-B53A-F0941C301ED2.png

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase