Sponsored

Track bar frame weld issue recall! [Updated with official UA5 recall notice w/ repair procedure]

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I couldn't schedule an inspection any earlier than November 14th with my dealership. They said that they are grouping all the reviews together for when the FCA technician will be in shop.

Lucky the Subaru hasn't sold yet. :whew:
Be careful if they are using the inspector from Colorado district. He is incompetent and greenlit mine twice even though t has failed welds. Thinks he can fully inspect an entire frame in 15 minutes
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Be careful if they are using the inspector from Colorado district. He is incompetent and greenlit mine twice even though t has failed welds. Thinks he can fully inspect an entire frame in 15 minutes
I'll make sure to ask.

tombovo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara, Firecracker Red, 6sp Manual, Leather, LED, Tow, Cold Weather, Infotainment
I couldn't schedule an inspection any earlier than November 14th with my dealership. They said that they are grouping all the reviews together for when the FCA technician will be in shop.
My dealer was the same, but only because they take 3-4 weeks before they take any appointments. I called another dealer I can get to, gave them the recall number and they scheduled me for October 30. I am amazed that dealers are not being told to get people in and inspected ASAP. The longer the delay, the more time that someone could have a serious accident.

And I already got rid of my old 4Runner.

socbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
My dealer was the same, but only because they take 3-4 weeks before they take any appointments. I called another dealer I can get to, gave them the recall number and they scheduled me for October 30. I am amazed that dealers are not being told to get people in and inspected ASAP. The longer the delay, the more time that someone could have a serious accident.

And I already got rid of my old 4Runner.
My dealership wont not even book an appt because there is "no part to fix it". I had call FCA and then they said the same thing, but once I mentioned lemon law, they called my dealership and they took the car. Now I have a minivan rental car as I wait for them to take pictures.

tombovo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara, Firecracker Red, 6sp Manual, Leather, LED, Tow, Cold Weather, Infotainment
My dealership wont not even book an appt because there is "no part to fix it". I had call FCA and then they said the same thing, but once I mentioned lemon law, they called my dealership and they took the car. Now I have a minivan rental car as I wait for them to take pictures.
I thought the inspection was only going to take an hour or two! They put it up on a lift, take the tire off, snap some photos and send them in. If the welds look really bad, they may want to hold onto the Jeep, but otherwise they have an answer in 24 hours or less.

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
They can't check the frame stamp number? It may not need anything done. If it is in the range all they have to do is take a few photos...they probably haven't seen the latest update.

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
They can't check the frame stamp number? It may not need anything done. If it is in the range all they have to do is take a few photos...they probably haven't seen the latest update.
I’m on Long Island NY and Westbury Jeep actually hung up on me.

I had called FCA about the issue and they said they’d contact Westbury to schedule an appointment. I never received a call from a Westbury so the next day Jee Cares called me back and asked if Westbury contacted me- I said no, and Ashley from jeep cares called Westbury back.

I called Westbury today and they said they wouldn’t schedule an appointment because there’s no parts available. I said there isn’t any parts, ever. If there’s an issue it needs to be re welded, but you have to at least look at it to see if it’s bad. She then went on that I didn’t purchase the Jeep there and when I said no, I purchased it from FCA and you service FCA products she said “goodbye” and hung up on me.

I’m not a douchey guy, and I’m not all up in arms or whatever but I can’t believe they’d treat someone like that. None of this is my fault, I’m just trying to get an appointment to get the recall off my Jeep. I’ll have it fixed myself if I have to.

Steve

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD

I had called FCA about the issue and they said they’d contact Westbury to schedule an appointment. I never received a call from a Westbury so the next day Jee Cares called me back and asked if Westbury contacted me- I said no, and Ashley from jeep cares called Westbury back.

I called Westbury today and they said they wouldn’t schedule an appointment because there’s no parts available. I said there isn’t any parts, ever. If there’s an issue it needs to be re welded, but you have to at least look at it to see if it’s bad. She then went on that I didn’t purchase the Jeep there and when I said no, I purchased it from FCA and you service FCA products she said “goodbye” and hung up on me.

I’m not a douchey guy, and I’m not all up in arms or whatever but I can’t believe they’d treat someone like that. None of this is my fault, I’m just trying to get an appointment to get the recall off my Jeep. I’ll have it fixed myself if I have to.

Steve
Probably they loose money on warranty work so they try to avoid it.

Did you check the number yourself?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Steve
Wow, that sounds like an awful dealership. Any others in your area that you could try?

By the way, AWESOME profile pic. Good for you!

Sponsored

tombovo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Steve
Brooklyn Jeep would not do anything until mid or late November. I called Staten Island Jeep and they asked the recall number and got me in for October 30. The sales part of a dealership is sometimes vastly different than the service department. I had that experience with buying a '91 Toyota Hilux (that pre-dates the Tacoma).

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score