JL in Europe

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia QV- Wrangler JLU
That is refered to the all circunference. Here you can move between +/-3% of the overall circunference.
By the way, acording to my aprehensive-spider-mind I am going to order that Rusty Bracket.
Ups! I am feeling little upset thinking to put this aftermarket device in such a brand-new-so expensive-car but even my VIN is not afected I am afected. I dont want my steering goes bananas in the middle of nowhere.
I want to be sure my chasis is well constructed. I want to put more kms on it to be sure. In the meantime I will put that aditional aftermarket Rusty Bracket.
Tks ..so if understand well, that means we could mount the 33" instead of the 32" due to the tolerance but still in the 255x17 size right?so just taller tires that will look even more unproportioned right? :lipssealed:
Did you check your weldings about the track bar ?
Sponsored

SantiJKK

First Name
Santi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Overland, Mercedes A200d, Kawasaki GPZ900R
Tks ..so if understand well, that means we could mount the 33" instead of the 32" due to the tolerance but still in the 255x17 size right?so just taller tires that will look even more unproportioned right? :lipssealed:
Did you check your weldings about the track bar ?
Right!
I use this for my tire swaps, with this application you can see the diferences in % , speed and more and you can make up your mind.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=245-75r16-265-70r16

My weldings at the track bar seem to be ok, no damage or faulty pieces at sight. But I am not an expert. I will try to put some pictures here later on ! Anyway my JLU drives straight with my hands out of the steering wheel ! I cross my fingers. Anyway Rusty Bracket is on the way. !

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
Hey guys, I testdrove two different Saharas and I made a decision.
I won't get a JL soon. I will wait. A few years maybe.

I was disappointed how different these both Jeeps were. One had a good steering but a weak diesel, the other one hat the same diesel but it felt powerful but the steering was horrible. One was okay on the highway but still more noisy than a JK, the other was very very noisy, like a Defender (maybe the EU bumper?)
I just can't believe it was the same Jeep model and trim.
And the electronic Gremlins... Alarms went on and off for no reason, start/stop killed the engine once at a traffic lights stop, and I had to switch the Jeep off and open the door to reset the computer, till I could get it to start again!

And now there is a delivery stop in Germany for all JL because of the bracket problem.

The JL is just not ready.

I'll minimum wait for 2020 when all the EU engines are out. Then I will try the diesel again, and the 2.0 and the Hybrid, and make a new decision.

If I would pay that much money, (the best discount that I could get, was still 54.000€ on a dual top Rubicon, that's like 63.000 dollars!) and get a noisy one, with bad steering or bad engine or both or anything else, I would go mental.

I'm looking for a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk now and see what happens in 2020.

Sorry guys for not having good news. I had this relatively good deal on my table and almost signed it, but I have no trust in the JL at the moment.

OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and waiting for JLU
You made me feel a bit better for choosing a Trailhawk a while ago and not wait for JL :) The latest reports about JL issues are a bit worrying, indeed.

Trailhawk is a really nice package, so definitely take it for a test drive on and off the road. For me, the only downsides with GC is the wheel travel. I haven't been stuck yet, but it's a bit dramatic to know that your wheels are up into the air at every medium size obstacle. You are also a bit limited with mods if you are into this. I'm looking forward in testing it on snow as well and I'm also hoping to get a JL at some point and test them side by side.

stitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
I just got bad news from my official Jeep dealer in Belgium : Wrangler JL Rubicon cannot be custom ordered in Belgium (and Europe) - only stock cars can be purchased. A new decision from Jeep Europe I was told.
So they will pay back my deposit for the JLUR Mojito (with tan seats) I ordered (no Mojitos in Belgium/Europe on stock list apparently... ). Makes me wonder why Jeep is selling the JLUR in Europe if they don't accept custom orders... ??!! Anyone has experienced the same?

Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I just got bad news from my official Jeep dealer in Belgium : Wrangler JL Rubicon cannot be custom ordered in Belgium (and Europe) - only stock cars can be purchased. A new decision from Jeep Europe I was told.
So they will pay back my deposit for the JLUR Mojito (with tan seats) I ordered (no Mojitos in Belgium/Europe on stock list apparently... ). Makes me wonder why Jeep is selling the JLUR in Europe if they don't accept custom orders... ??!! Anyone has experienced the same?

Seriously?? Jeep Europe, what are you doing!!!!????

SantiJKK

First Name
Santi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

Saddly that is a ‘real jeep thing’ for the EU market.
Have you been informed of the next coming JL to Belgium? I was told initialy 30 units for Spain. 200 after Christmas during next year.
No custom orders. Jeep configurator is not available here.
Hard to belive.
I hope you can find your mojito among the next bunch of JL’s.
Shame on FCA. I am sorry to say.

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
That's crazy...

Found some Mojito Rubicon in Germany

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=268237250&utm_source=sharedAd&utm_medium=android

Dieses Angebot habe ich bei mobile.de gefunden:

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL MY18 Rubicon 2.2l CRDI 200
Erstzulassung: 09/2018
Kilometerstand: 5 km
Kraftstoffart: Diesel
Leistung: 147 kW (200 PS)

Preis: 57.969 €

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=266723351&utm_source=sharedAd&utm_medium=android

Dieses Angebot habe ich bei mobile.de gefunden:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2,2 CRDi ULTD AT 'Rubicon' MY19 Lau
Kilometerstand: 15 km
Kraftstoffart: Diesel
Leistung: 147 kW (200 PS)

Preis: 55.970 €

lucianok

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ocean blue Rubicon
Hi,

Saddly that is a ‘real jeep thing’ for the EU market.
Have you been informed of the next coming JL to Belgium? I was told initialy 30 units for Spain. 200 after Christmas during next year.
No custom orders. Jeep configurator is not available here.
Hard to belive.
I hope you can find your mojito among the next bunch of JL’s.
Shame on FCA. I am sorry to say.
I am trying to order a Blue Ocean 2 liter Turbo gasoline 2 doors Rubicon with Beige Leather seats here in Italy.

The dealer salesman looks embarassed and ask me another week or so to give me an answer.No way I put 60K€ in something that not fulfill my custom list.

My very strong feeling is that FCA Europe ordered a bunch of more or less standard diesel JLU mainly white,red, granite and black and they are tying to clear the inventory first.

Have surfed on various country Jeep web sites, have been able to configurate my Rubi only in Poland www.jeep.pl , in Belgium I configurate everything but the engine. Maybe it is just a matter of time. Will keep you informed

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
For your info there is a Mojito Rubicon in Lier (garage Van Brempt)

https://www.autoscout24.be/fr/offre...3d3935b-972c-4099-a3e2-ae593a624e76?cldtidx=1

Who is your dealer, there is very good dealers in Belgium but also some very bad

Sponsored

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
900 km (560miles) in 9.5 hours...First 100 km just normal road ..low speed..then all by highway..26.4 gallons average consumption with a Rubicon diesel is quite good right?
20181026_235946.jpg

SantiJKK

First Name
Santi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
900 km (560miles) in 9.5 hours...First 100 km just normal road ..low speed..then all by highway..26.4 gallons average consumption with a Rubicon diesel is quite good right?
20181026_235946.jpg
Great!
What was your average speed?
This Diesel is working fine !

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great!
What was your average speed?
This Diesel is working fine !
Most of the time I was at 125 km/h on highway...sometime faster.The total average speed is offcourse lower due to the first 100 km done at not more than 50/80 km/h..Unfortunately this morning engine went under "protection"..Yellow engine is showing a problem somewhere..Tomorrow I will bring her at service.Very disappointing if I sum this problem to the welding problems described in this forum..I would say not a big start at all for my first Jeep..
20181028_085608.jpg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Most of the time I was at 125 km/h on highway...sometime faster.The total average speed is offcourse lower due to the first 100 km done at not more than 50/80 km/h..Unfortunately this morning engine went under "protection"..Yellow engine is showing a problem somewhere..Tomorrow I will bring her at service.Very disappointing if I sum this problem to the welding problems described in this forum..I would say not a big start at all for my first Jeep..
20181028_085608.jpg
FCA needs to improve quality control. Sorry to hear this about your new JL. Hopefully your dealer can service and repair your Wrangler promptly. I see you also own and drive a Alfa Romeo Giulia. How do you like it? How is the quality and reliability of the Alfa?

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FCA needs to improve quality control. Sorry to hear this about your new JL. Hopefully your dealer can service and repair your Wrangler promptly. I see you also own and drive a Alfa Romeo Giulia. How do you like it? How is the quality and reliability of the Alfa?
Alfa Quadri as I call her, is simply the best saloon car I have ever owned including several BMW M3..It is and was perfect untill now..(66.000 km)..Her 510 hp and manual tranny transforms the ride in something really involving .I know the service will fix my Jeep ..it could be a sensor or something else not too complicate, but I am now almost 900 km away from where I purchased the car, for my first week of family holiday after an hard working year ..so quite annoying let me say..:lipssealed:
Sponsored