Sponsored

Any recommendations for good dealer in OC?

andeee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
HB Jeep was laughable. I contacted Fred L the fleet manager and the deal I was given wasn’t even close to that of Jim Marsh. Basically he told me they will sell everyone that comes in at or around MSRP so no need to discount. Then I mentioned TL and he said he would honor that (1% below) but that was it. Same with Premier, Ontario and same with JStar.
They did the same with me. I had just bought a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee from them just 11 months before that for 37k OTD. The car didn’t even have 10k miles and they would only credit me $18k for it. They said the best they could do on the JLUR was 1% under invoice including taking my GC. So I sold my car elsewhere and took the trip to Dennis Dillon and that was by far the best dealership experience I’ve ever had.
Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
My salesman was Marc Benson. If you're seriously considering... PM me and I will give you his info I think he may have some kind of discount for referred buyers.

HB has the largest selection in So CAL and Central CAL for that matter. But they are shady. Thier advertised prices are without add-ons listed. YOU must take the add-ons. The internet sales manager said they wouldn't budge on that. Because HB's inventory turns over quickly enough with add-ons intact.

I say look around. It's nearing the end of the year you may find a build loaded beyond the one you actually want for a decent price. But most likely HB will have the build that you want. I looked in a radius of 500 miles and found less than 6 of the exact build that I wanted. HB had 2 of them. I eventually had to do the 300 plus miles to get the JL that I wanted for the price I wanted. No gimmicks either. However, I would have paid more to avoid the gimmicks that HB even admits up to. Thier words to me were "everyone does it, Jeeps move" "if you can get a Jeep deal without the add-ons in this market, then you buy that Jeep."

Also, check their used 2018 JLU and JKs. They had a few USED JL and quite a bunch of USED 2018 JK in their inventory. HB is simply loaded with Jeeps.
Thank you for the detailed response. I've been talking with Jim Marsh in Vegas and may go that route as of right now. They're a bit away from Ventura County but at least it's transparent with the pricing and I can order exactly what I want without dealing with complete scumbag car salesmen.

SuperSixOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Techie
Thank you for the detailed response. I've been talking with Jim Marsh in Vegas and may go that route as of right now. They're a bit away from Ventura County but at least it's transparent with the pricing and I can order exactly what I want without dealing with complete scumbag car salesmen.
Just make sure to get your out the door price plus tax before making that drive. Also better to have your own financing secured before. That way you're in the best possible position and ready to drive away with your Jeep same day and within an hour or two. Jim Marsh does have solid Yelp reviews and Yelp has never let me down in the years I've been using it. Best of luck!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I bought from Jim Marsh. Nothing to worry about. The price they gave me when I ordered was the price I paid to the penny. During my order there was even a price increase. When your rig comes in you can do a bunch of the paperwork via email. We were literally in and out in just less than an hour. I did not have a trade in FYI.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought from Jim Marsh. Nothing to worry about. The price they gave me when I ordered was the price I paid to the penny. During my order there was even a price increase. When your rig comes in you can do a bunch of the paperwork via email. We were literally in and out in just less than an hour. I did not have a trade in FYI.
Thank you! I am still contemplating a trade in or private sale right now as well. If I miss the 2018 order banks no worries and we'll just wait for 2019. Although if I miss hella yella, I don't think I will ever be forgiven :D

Sponsored

Djeman2569

First Name
JLU S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu
I urge everyone to STOP BUYING FROM CALIFORNIA DEALERSHIPS to force them to match Vegas and Idaho dealerships.

Jim Marsh is probably your best bet. They'll go super low and give extra if you're a Veteran (I think I got 6% off invoice when we were negotiating). They're definitely the right choice if they have the car you want in stock. $45 Southwest flight, they'll meet you at the airport if you want, 4hr drive home and an excuse to go to Vegas.

I ended up getting mine from ID because the car I wanted didn't exist so I had to special order it. I got it 13.5% off MSRP. $50,350 to $43,700 with the doc fee only being $300.

I got $7k of upgrades done to my Jeep straight from the dealership and it came out to THE SAME EXACT PRICE if I had bought it in SOCAL. Stop paying retail and force these guys to sell like Vegas.

SuperSixOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Techie
Thank you! I am still contemplating a trade in or private sale right now as well. If I miss the 2018 order banks no worries and we'll just wait for 2019. Although if I miss hella yella, I don't think I will ever be forgiven :D
Always go private sales. Unless you REALLY don't want the hassle.

Monarch490

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler JLUS
I bought mine ar he Jeep, that’s where I got the best price no games

mrcmosx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JLU
I got my Sahara at Huntington Beach Jeep and the price on the site is the price you pay non negotiable best price. No other dealer in SoCal (11 dealerships I wen to) would match HB Jeep. The only thing I would say that is BS about that place is the "Nitro air fill" and VIN decals they try to sell you. You can read up all about it on yelp and I was able to remove the VIN decals from sale. Oscar Duarte was a straight up guy no BS. As with any place I would watch out for some of the sales guys tough as they will try to be hustlers. Bottom line do your research and you should be fine.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I got my Sahara at Huntington Beach Jeep and the price on the site is the price you pay non negotiable best price. No other dealer in SoCal (11 dealerships I wen to) would match HB Jeep. The only thing I would say that is BS about that place is the "Nitro air fill" and VIN decals they try to sell you. You can read up all about it on yelp and I was able to remove the VIN decals from sale. Oscar Duarte was a straight up guy no BS. As with any place I would watch out for some of the sales guys tough as they will try to be hustlers. Bottom line do your research and you should be fine.
Unfortunately those prices still aren't even close to Vegas or DD. I guess convenience is worth a different amount for each person. Enjoy the rig.

Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately those prices still aren't even close to Vegas or DD. I guess convenience is worth a different amount for each person. Enjoy the rig.
Indeed! I probably would have gone with Marsh in Vegas but they had some delay gaps in emailing me back when we were trying to get our order placed. We ended up going with Kent in Idaho as well. Should be a fun drive at least when the Jeep comes in! :D I'm going to Vegas in November anyways! :p

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
Ordered a 2019 JLU Rubicon from Jim Marsh in Las Vegas. Went to several in Orange County and they would not even talk. I live 2 miles from JStar and would have preferred purchasing there, but saved much more with Marsh.

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
No question Marsh is the best deal if you have some time. I ended up buying a JLU this weekend at Tuttle Click Irvine at invoice. I also found if you are looking for a Sahara that Courtesy in San Juan would give 7% off MSRP.

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
With Idaho, or Vegas dealerships, is that price including the 1% from Tread Lightly? I finally signed up for that program on the 11th of Oct. I plan on buying or placing an order for a JLUR mid-November.

I've been researching the JL since the beginning of 2018, checking them out on the lot. Test drove one as well (I'm not into wasting somebodies time if I know I am not going to buy right then and there). Up here in the high desert, Victorville Motors, they still have a $2k dealer upcharge which I've told the salesmen is laughable and I didn't expect to pay anywhere near that. Moss Bro's in Redlands had a weak selection, most were bottom-line no options Wranglers. Their other location in Riverside was ok, but nothing w/ options I'm looking to get. They did have a couple in stock with aftermarket wheels & tires, some other stuff I wouldn't pay dealer pricing on. I also went to the dealership in Ontario by the 10. The salesman was a dipshit. They didn't have what I was looking for either but they had a decent selection.

I'm pretty sure I'll be placing an order when I am ready to get mine. The girlfriends been dyin to go on a weekend trip. She'd prefer Vegas, I'd prefer a lower price to reduce the annual registration lol. Speaking of which, anybody see what their tags are going to cost in 2019?

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
We bought from Courtesy in San Juan Capistrano as we were only able to get about a 5% discount in San Diego. Courtesy discounted our ordered fully loaded JLUS about 8% from MSRP without a lot of hassle. We preferred not to travel but were willing to go to Vegas or Boise and could have saved at least 2k. We were happy with the Courtesy discount and retaining our CA lemon law rights and avoiding any hassle with CA DMV...:(
Ordered 6/25
Built 7/20
Body Vendor for almost 2 weeks
Shipped on 8/3
On rail car in Kansas yesterday
Was told it should arrive next week:)
Does anyone know how long the rail takes or where they unload in SoCal?
Hey how did delivery go, Rob Trachtman is offering to match Jim Marsh pricing.. i would love to order in CA and avoid the whole DMV/Smog effort and out of pocket expense.. but i saw some reviews on yelp that they tried to push extra warranties, financing fees, and accessories on people at time of contract signing. Seemed like folks that walked in off the lot. But I am scared to put 1k down to do a factory order, then find out when the jeep arrives that they pull that kind of stuff, and have to walk away from 1k. Did delivery go well as far as all that?
Sponsored