Sponsored

Quake LED Halo Review

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)
I will take some pix tonight. I took some Sunday of before. My brother has Quake halos and some of their other lights in his JK and I loved them on our last trip to Moab. They had a longer range than my JL, great pattern and I really wanted the color effects.
Im really curious to see if they are brighter than oem led headlights. Let me know. Thanks
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Cool factor for sure. I love stuff like that. Based on a total performance aspect I would love to see a stock LED and this LED against a white wall at say 20' to be able to make my own assessment of performance. Having said that I love my stock LEDs.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If light output and beam pattern are your only concerns and you don't need the halo look, this is a better option than any of the above:

Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
If light output and beam pattern are your only concerns and you don't need the halo look, this is a better option than any of the above:

Thanks for sharing. I am going for halo as well as output/pattern.

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
I have to ask. Is the actual halo (quake) smaller than the factory LED lights ? The Mopar ones that aren’t available yet.

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Too bad that these will be illegal to run on most public roads. They look cool.
The white halos (Daytime Running Light) are legal in every state and the colors were designed for fun but legal in many states. Check with local
I have to ask. Is the actual halo (quake) smaller than the factory LED lights ? The Mopar ones that aren’t available yet.

Halogen housing reflectors are not designed for LED lights. The LED diodes are in the approximate place they are not identical to the halogen bulb filament. The reflector is based on precise filament size and position, and having an omni-directional light source. The minute changes to size and position will have significant consequences on beam pattern. But more importantly, LEDs produce directional light fired at the sides of the reflector and will not illuminate the reflector surface uniformly like a halogen bulb resulting in loss of performance. The upper rear portion of the reflector responsible for distance projection is very poorly illuminated by the LED design, which also results in loss of distance illumination. Yes they will definitely be a better color light but not an optimal choice.

Sponsored

hammerheadnc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 3.6L (Punky), 2016 BMW R1200GS Adventure (Big Red)
Thanks for sharing. I am going for halo as well as output/pattern.
Will the cap fit back on the headlight housing once this bulb is installed?

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Not trying for the pun, but in the LED world. Size does Not matter. Its all about components. Take a look at many new performance cars, 2019 1500 Ram, and the Jeep Cherokee KL. They all have very small LED housings but have great light performance. Quake LED uses the best LED Diodes, thickest circuit boards, proven Quality reflectors and lenses, Impeccable quality control, best powder coating, thickest housings and heat syncs and many other internal components that make our lights hold up to the most brutal conditions and outperform the others. Many companies copy our designs but do not use the same quality components. They say imitation is the best form of flattery. At Quake LED we all own, drive and Love Jeeps. To Quote one of our valued customers..."Real Jeeps Have 7" Round Headlights!"

Voodoobadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JL
I will take some pix tonight. I took some Sunday of before. My brother has Quake halos and some of their other lights in his JK and I loved them on our last trip to Moab. They had a longer range than my JL, great pattern and I really wanted the color effects.
I had the Quake version of the “bug eyed” LEDs for the JK, and I was really impressed with them. They were definitely on point with the pattern, and I never once was stopped by the police, and passed my state inspection for 2 years with no issues because they were DOT legal.

I purchased them primarily because they focused the light exactly where I needed it. My Jeep JK factory LEDs seemed to have more of a flood effect, which didn’t suit me. For the trails, I simply slipped a washer under the lower bracket to push light further down the road. The irony is that I never got to make use of the special effects because I had no need for it.

Thanks for the review and contribution!
Sponsored