Sponsored

Cube mounting Light

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
This is going to be my setup...so these mounts work fine with the rigid d-ss pro cubes...I bought the rigid's but the mount doesn't work, as you know..and I found out!! :(
I have the Rigid dualie fogs and they work great on this mount.

rogueknb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara 4x4
I have the Rigid dualie fogs and they work great on this mount.
did your JL come with the preinstalled aux switches? If so, how did you wire this up? I have been trying to get power to my D-SS's all morning..

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
How are you guys running the cables to the battery? Under the hood or is there a way to run them without exposing them to engine heat?
- about to install my cubes from my previous vehicle and I've been poking about my JLU t see where's best to run cables and soon ham radio antenna cable.

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
How are you guys running the cables to the battery? Under the hood or is there a way to run them without exposing them to engine heat?
- about to install my cubes from my previous vehicle and I've been poking about my JLU t see where's best to run cables and soon ham radio antenna cable.
Do you have aux switches? If you do, then it’s easy, but if you don't then you need to run a switch to the inside cabin and battery. I've seen members run cable tucked into a cover by firewall.

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
Do you have aux switches?.
Yes, I do, forgot to mention that (doh!).
Should have written my question better too, basically I'm just wondering the best way to run the cables from the lights to the aux cables I have near the battery. Is there a best/preferred/safest option?

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I do, forgot to mention that (doh!).
Should have written my question better too, basically I'm just wondering the best way to run the cables from the lights to the aux cables I have near the battery. Is there a best/preferred/safest option?
It is super easy.

Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
do you guys know if the dual rigid cowl setup allows for left/right adjustability?

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 GMC Jimmy, 1986 Chevy Silverado, 2014 Ram Sport 4x4, Future JL
do you guys know if the dual rigid cowl setup allows for left/right adjustability?
The Rigid adjustable cowl 41656 kit? For now it does not. I've got an idea going to make an additional mount base to allow side to side adjustability in an upcoming next round of JL mounts. The 41659 windshield mount allows for side to side movement, but for only one set of lights, and no windshield fold-down capabilities.

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The Rigid adjustable cowl 41656 kit? For now it does not. I've got an idea going to make an additional mount base to allow side to side adjustability in an upcoming next round of JL mounts. The 41659 windshield mount allows for side to side movement, but for only one set of lights, and no windshield fold-down capabilities.
got it, thanks!

I like the rigid 41656 kit because you can have spot up top, cornering on the bottom, and still fold the windshield down. But I'm worried if you can't adjust the lights laterally, will the cornering lights on the bottom reflect on the hood.

It's just food for thought, I might end up going this rough anyways, it seems like the cleanest design.

Last edited: