Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
The Pedal Commander is now in stock at Northridge4x4.

PC07_2.jpg

Want to cut out the pedal lag when you first step on the gas pedal? The Pedal Commander is a super simple way to make your Jeep feel like it's ready to GO, GO, GO!

Description:

Pedal Commander is a throttle response controller. It removes response delays on your electronic accelerator pedal. Effectively, it allows your engine to respond faster. As a result, your car can accelerate faster. You paid lots of money for your car, but when you press your gas pedal, you feel like you are pressing a sponge. Have you ever noticed that old cars were more responsive?

We have a solution for you!! to get rid of that lag.

Pedal Commander has 4 different control modes: Eco, City, Sport, and Sport. Each control mode has 8 different sensitivity levels which you can choose. These 36 different parameters, in total, is what makes us different than others. Pedal Commander is programmable according to your desire to your car’s specifications. And now Available with Bluetooth capability.

You can order them here: Pedal Commander, JL, PN# PC07

Full DIY install write-up here: Pedal Commander DIY Install for your JL

Review: Pedal Commander review
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Will this work with the 2.0 turbo to help with turbo lag as I have a JLUR? Also, will it help on fuel economy when Not using other modes?

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Yes, this work very good with the 2.0T too!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
After lots of research and poking around let's say, I have opted to go with the Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller for JL and not with the other throttle controller for JL, knock off.

There are multiple reasons I opted to go Pedal Commander... for one:
  • The Pedal Commander has 4 different control modes: Eco, City, Sport, and Sport. Each control mode has 8 different sensitivity levels which I can choose. The 36 different parameters, in total, are part of why I opted to go with Pedal Commander..... I want a varied choice.. the knock off(s) do not give me this wide range of choices.
--

I will be installing the Pedal Commander just before my 1300 mile road trip, to Daytona Beach for Jeep Beach 2019. I leave next Monday on the road trip.

I have high hopes for the Pedal Commander. Yes, I know it is not a tuner.... but I'm looking forward to the very positive change in throttle response on my 3.6L JL.

In case anyone is interested, I will post the good and if any bad about the Pedal Commander in this thread. Time will tell..

@Northridge4x4 I hope you have more Pedal Commander's in stock..

If anyone is considering buying a Pedal Commander at Northridge 4x4, the forum, coupon code.. jlwranglerforums will get you a $37.00+- discount on the Pedal Commander. You might want to buy or to pass on this offering after you read my reviews on it... 8-)

PC07_2.jpg

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
After lots of research and poking around let's say, I have opted to go with the Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller for JL and not with the other throttle controller for JL, knock off.

There are multiple reasons I opted to go Pedal Commander... for one:
  • The Pedal Commander has 4 different control modes: Eco, City, Sport, and Sport. Each control mode has 8 different sensitivity levels which I can choose. The 36 different parameters, in total, are part of why I opted to go with Pedal Commander..... I want a varied choice.. the knock off(s) do not give me this wide range of choices.
--

I will be installing the Pedal Commander just before my 1300 mile road trip, to Daytona Beach for Jeep Beach 2019. I leave next Monday on the road trip.

I have high hopes for the Pedal Commander. Yes, I know it is not a tuner.... but I'm looking forward to the very positive change in throttle response on my 3.6L JL.

In case anyone is interested, I will post the good and if any bad about the Pedal Commander in this thread. Time will tell..

@Northridge4x4 I hope you have more Pedal Commander's in stock..

If anyone is considering buying a Pedal Commander at Northridge 4x4, the forum, coupon code.. jlwranglerforums will get you a $37.00+- discount on the Pedal Commander. You might want to buy or to pass on this offering after you read my reviews on it... 8-)

PC07_2.jpg
I will be very interested in how it handles when using ECO mode to help economy... Mainly i know you have the 3.6 but i have the 2.0 turbo and would like to keep from pressing peddle slightly only to have turbo kick in on long trips to gain better fuel efficiency... If it can feather the pedal response to avoid turbos from kicking in constantly that would be great...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DCBlake

PEDAL COMMANDER has a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee for any products sold by Pedal Commander or by one of it's Authorized Resellers, like Northridge 4x4.

You might consider doing as I and.... well .... take the leap and try one.

Of course, you could wait for some other guy/gal with a 2.0 JL to take the leap, but that's no fun. I think you may me really pleased with what the Pedal Commander does for your 2.0 ... so... 8-)

Also, you could report here to other 2.0 owner's how it went with the Pedal Commander!

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@DCBlake

PEDAL COMMANDER has a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee for any products sold by Pedal Commander or by one of it's Authorized Resellers, like Northridge 4x4.

You might consider doing as I and.... well .... take the leap and try one.

Of course, you could wait for some other guy/gal with a 2.0 JL to take the leap, but that's no fun. I think you may me really pleased with what the Pedal Commander does for your 2.0 ... so... 8-)

Also, you could report here to other 2.0 owner's how it went with the Pedal Commander!

Trust me i will although my boss (wife) will have a bit of a fit right now as i just spent a ton on other mods... I will have to wait a bit before i can take that plunge as i just finished installing the Mopar remote start this last week... When i get there i will def provide updates as i have on other products :)...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DCBlake I hear ya...

My Pedal Commander should show up in a couple of days. I just installed the Pedal Commander app on my Samsung S10.

With the Pedal Commander app (Free app) you can control the Pedal Commander via Blue Tooth. You can't do this with the other brand/knock off throttle controllers.

Screenshot_20190403-003506_Pedal Commander.jpg

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
@Rhinebeck01

do you really feel this is necessary with the stock response of your NA V6? I think my JL 3.6 V6 is really peppy with no significant lag. in fact, that was the first thing I took notice of on the test drive. I'm content with mine as is but just wondering if I'm missing something. I also drive an older 4Runner with a NA V8, and that thing is a little faster from a stop but the difference isn't dramatic.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01

do you really feel this is necessary with the stock response of your NA V6? I think my JL 3.6 V6 is really peppy with no significant lag. in fact, that was the first thing I took notice of on the test drive. I'm content with mine as is but just wondering if I'm missing something. I also drive an older 4Runner with a NA V8, and that thing is a little faster from a stop but the difference isn't dramatic.
@HoundDude

I have driven a JK, before and after a Pedal Commander install. There was a noticeable difference and the difference really was noticeable when interstate, trailer towing.

With that said, I do a lot of interstate trailer towing with my JL, soooooooooo, thought I would try a Pedal Commander on my JL.

I'm leaving on a 1,200 mile road trip to Daytona Beach, FL, this Monday .... will be towing .... will be installing the Pedal Commander before the road trip sooooooooooo.....

I will post on route and when I arrive and let you know if the Pedal Commander makes a difference. If not, the Pedal Commander goes back.

Can tell you though... I do expect a positive difference with the Pedal Commander installed or I wouldn't be bothered with installing it..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@HoundDude
@DCBlake
@Everyone

Well, the Pedal Commander was delivered to me this morning. The packaging the PC comes in is like nothing I have ever seen.

I'm 70 yo and have purchased many a mod/ many an aftermarket offering for a vehicle, but never ever, have I received one so well packaged/ displayed... all I can say is oh my... I was/am really impressed.

The install.... well, it took me longer to get the Pedal Commander out of it's plastic, showcase box, then it did to install. I would say install took me all of say 5-7 minutes tops.

The Pedal Commander makes the iDRIVE throttle controller look like a friggin toy. I'm so glad I opted to go with the Pedal Commander. Yes, I have worked with an iDrive on another vehicle.

Really terrific, is the Bluetooth Control of the Pedal Commander!

I just tucked the installed PC behind the plastic panel that is under the steering column. No need to have the PC, out and for me to be looking at it all the time... since I can control with an app on my Samsung S10 smartphone.

The Bluetooth control is super responsive. The PC app is very very nice.... oh my............. 8-)

I did take the JL out after install of the PC and can tell you that geeeeeeeeez, there is a major difference in the responsiveness of my JL.

I can see where the PC will make driving and especially interstate towing more pleasurable.

So, I will be posting more here over the next few days / weeks .... telling you more... so far looks like the PC is a keeper.

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well let us know and i am guessing you are heading to Daytona for beach week if so have a great time... I will be missing it this year even though i am just 90 miles away...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well let us know and i am guessing you are heading to Daytona for beach week if so have a great time... I will be missing it this year even though i am just 90 miles away...
@DCBlake

Yes, I will be leaving Monday, for Vero Beach. I have a place there... Daytona Beach is a short jaunt for me from Vero.

Anyway, I will be trailering my Harley and driving the 1200+ or whatever miles, straight through. I have done this many many times before.

The JL pulls my open trailer trailer with my 01 FatBoy on it, very well.

Can tell you though, I will be really appreciating the increased throttle response while towing, courtesy of the Pedal Commander.

As for Jeep Beach... it's pretty much the same year to year. Just like Bike Week and Biketoberfest is the same every year. You can go next year...

Sponsored