Quadra-Lift option down the line?

codiac

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'47 CJ2A, '15 WK2
You think they'll add quadra-lift at some point? Seems like a factory option air suspension would fit in great with how upscale they've taken the Sahara as well as the Rubicon. Better aero at speed, load leveling, as well as the increased ground clearance on-demand, seems like a no-brainer for the Wrangler.

Maybe they add it when the introduce the Scrambler? Is there something about quadra-lift I don't know that makes it unsuitable for use in the Wrangler?
Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I would love that set up as I have it in my Grand Cherokee being able to have better Areo on road but more clearance off road with leveling for heavy loads nice ride etc, but with the wheel travel the Wrangler has I think the big flex of OEM air bags would be problematic over time, as well as a fairly complex system for vehicles that are really designed to go anywhere and overlanding type use. I could be wrong but those are my thoughts.

Gpndavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2
I hope not. I like the QL on my WK2 for pavement. It is too much of a compromise for off road travel. Most wheel travel is lost in off road setting 1 and off road setting 2 is nearly unusable as the hard suspension constantly bangs against the stops. The engineers gave the WK2 QuadraTrac/Drive to keep power going to tires that are in contact with the ground because the suspension keeps one or two in the air frequently. A poor compromise. I would never wish this on the Wrangler where suspension travel is king.

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
Maybe for the plug-in hybrid version, since that one will likely see very little off road use.

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Maybe for the plug-in hybrid version, since that one will likely see very little off road use.
I would think that the hybrid version would see off road use just as much as any Wrangler.......sadly the vast majority of Wranglers never see dirt let alone "real" off roading. In my mind a plug in hybrid would allow me to commute every day to and from work with very little or no use of fuel at all depending on the electric only range......that would leave more money in my pocket for off road trips and other vacations(depending on option cost of course) and the instant low end torque of the electric motor combined with the low range would provide awesome off road ability.......also in theory the hybrid should offer a longer range without fueling up so there could be an advantage in the overlanding area for reduced need to carry fuel. Another possibility would be in the case of gas engine issues if the electric motor would still operate you could potentially drive 30 or so miles on battery power to hopefully get closer or back to a road or civilization.

Yes there will be added complexity and if they reduce the fuel capacity to make room for the batteries and other needed equipment the range may be similar to the gas/diesel only models but over all I think it will be a great option all around......though I will admit my initial thought was it was the dumbest thing I've ever heard......if executed properly it could be a very good option. We are used to thinking of hybrids as a Prius......but there is a lot of potential there look at the Porsche 918 Spyder, McLaren P1, and the Ferrari FXXK all hybrids all crazy when performance is concerned.

I know those are multi million dollar super cars but I'm using it as an example that the hybrid technology has a great potential, even in a Wrangler.

Thanks for listening to my jibber jabber haha.....

Sponsored

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
For anyone doubting the off road prowess of an electric Wrangler, here is a showcase of the abilities. There are even comparisons to a diesel JK.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Quadralift is ok until you start using it. Everyone I know that actually uses a grand cherokee with quadralift, has it fail fairly soon. Thats the reason that I went with the spring suspension on our diesel grand cherokee. Much easier to just lift it 4" and then not ever have to worry about an airbag failure keeping you stranded.
Sponsored