Sponsored

HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Def not a bright banana yellow. A little more subdued I think which looks a little better. Maybe a deeper yellow? Hard to explain I guess. Looks good in my opinion and you don’t see them much at all around my parts. Stick with your gut and go with it. I have struggled w color choice for weeks now. Killing me.

7029CD64-E840-4987-A252-809488F46BF5.jpeg
90E808D2-55D5-425A-A1E2-9A0AC612C5BD.jpeg
Sponsored

lagunajim

This last pair of photos look like cloudy light or shade - it does look more orangey in less lighting.

htsai14752

First Name
HTSAI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi all, new here, I ordered my first jeep, rubicon hellayella. I stopped by over 6 dealers and cannot find a single hellayella in stock to look at the color in person.

I placed an order already for the hellayella since I feel it is the best color. However, the more I think about it, the more I search online, the hellayella looks yellow orange? I am not sure anymore, is it yellow like the one from the auto show when you see it in person? Or orange like the other photos posted by owner?

if it is like orange yellow, I hope I still can change my color to white.

Hella-Yella-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-13.jpg

IMG_6948.JPG
Second photo is actually early 2018 color called nacho

htsai14752

First Name
HTSAI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve seen several hella in person andnita definitely like the photos from the auto show

Sponsored

Dark-R

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
So which photo looks closes to the color in person? First or second

Last edited:

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I have only seen one Hella Yellow in person, and other than the auto show picture (which has a ton of light) and the one that I think is Nacho, every other picture in this thread is more indicative of the real color. If you like the majority of the pics, you will like Hella Yellow.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Depends on the lighting. Both I posted are the same Jeep—mine. Both in the other post above mine are Hellayella, not nacho.

Sponsored

lagunajim

Depends on the lighting. Both I posted are the same Jeep—mine. Both in the other post above mine are Hellayella, not nacho.
It's crazy that two photos of the same Jeep look so different. I find it almost impossible to believe, but there it is I suppose.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
It's crazy that two photos of the same Jeep look so different. I find it almost impossible to believe, but there it is I suppose.
Yep. Go back to post #17 of this thread, it’s been a point of discussion the entire time while we all waited for delivery.

lagunajim

Since we like to beat shit into the ground and then stomp on it in these forums, here's this: this 2012 Charger is the same color code PYV as our Hella Yella. Look how different the same vehicle looks in different lighting conditions...

Dodge-Charger_SRT8_Super_Bee-2012-hd.jpg

1.jpg

r75usmc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella
My 18 Hella Yella JLUR has been sitting in a railyard in Fort Worth since 10/14 and I'm just sitting here going...I WANT MY JEEP SOOOO BAD.

BillB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep HellaYella Sahara. 3.6L 8-Speed.
My 18 Hella Yella JLUR has been sitting in a railyard in Fort Worth since 10/14 and I'm just sitting here going...I WANT MY JEEP SOOOO BAD.
I know the feeling. I finally got my HY Sahara last week and am loving it soooo much. It's worth the wait so hang in there.
Sponsored