JL in Europe

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
I presume the Configurator goes live when Jeep UK have finished Friday morning tea and biscuits.
Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Just a short report after a long trip with the Rubicon 2.2 diesel.
660 km (80 of them inside a big caotic capital , Prague with huge queues- the balance onky on highway)..Max speed reached without ANY effort :145 km/h...Average speed 115 km/h so that means I was quite often over 130 km/h..Total consumption 8.9 lt/100 km..with an engine that has about 1400 km total...I am super happy for the confort and the noise (acceptable for my standards)..Brilliant engine..low consumption considering we were 4 people on board and engine is new (> 26 mph/gallon)..Good job Rubicon..

Is 145km/h the max speed because it is electronically limited or just the wind stopping you?
Is the same for all models?
Not that I want to go much faster with a wrangler, it is just curiosity.

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
No Petrol engine prices yet? My dealer implied that it may be a bit more expensive than the diesel. Regardless I’m still getting a Jeep, as it’s my dream vehicle.

I’ll likely go for the Sahara 4 door as the overland doesn’t offer that much more and Rubicon is for off-road enthusiasts. (I do plan to go off-roading but it’ll be my primary vehicle) Also Sahara has cloth seats which i prefer to Leather. Soft top is also a must as the hardtop seems like a pain to take off and store somewhere. I’ll also likely go for bright colours such as Firecracker red or Hellayella.

I honestly cannot wait, I have been saving up a large deposit for a brand new Jeep Wrangler for a while. The 2.0 turbo is a plus due to smaller engine and better MPG.

I am a bit skeptical of the Keyless entry/start though. I was hoping that would be an option rather than standard. All these keyless thefts I hear of worry me.

Pierpa01

First Name
Pier Paolo Cava
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jku
Buon giorno il mio nome e Paolo e scrivo dall'Italia io sono un possessore JKU appena sostituito con JLU Stingrey rubicon 2.0 benzina dovrebbe arrivare prima settimana di novembre

Sponsored

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Petrol is actually 4K cheaper than diesel, at least in Poland.
Anyway let’s wait for FCA decisions about trackbar’s mount welding. When looking from under - the quality of this car is poor.

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
No Petrol engine prices yet? My dealer implied that it may be a bit more expensive than the diesel. Regardless I’m still getting a Jeep, as it’s my dream vehicle.

I’ll likely go for the Sahara 4 door as the overland doesn’t offer that much more and Rubicon is for off-road enthusiasts. (I do plan to go off-roading but it’ll be my primary vehicle) Also Sahara has cloth seats which i prefer to Leather. Soft top is also a must as the hardtop seems like a pain to take off and store somewhere. I’ll also likely go for bright colours such as Firecracker red or Hellayella.

I honestly cannot wait, I have been saving up a large deposit for a brand new Jeep Wrangler for a while. The 2.0 turbo is a plus due to smaller engine and better MPG.

I am a bit skeptical of the Keyless entry/start though. I was hoping that would be an option rather than standard. All these keyless thefts I hear of worry me.
I really hope that the UK offering mirrors the rest of Europe. Obviously I really want a soft top as standard but I also really like the idea of being able to spec the car with a traditional key.

Even on launch day it is all a bit opaque.

You won’t regret buying a Wrangler though.

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
Downloadable JL brochure on Jeep UK site says soft top only as part of Dual Top option ( e.g. with hardtop too.)

Makes me wonder if some of the other choices available in Europe may not happen.

Sponsored

AlexK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Typical FCA UK. Elsewhere in Europe, petrol and diesel models are priced the same. In the UK, the petrol *should* be slightly cheaper because it pays a lower rate of first year road tax.

The petrol model is due in December.

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia QV- Wrangler JLU
Is 145km/h the max speed because it is electronically limited or just the wind stopping you?
Is the same for all models?
Not that I want to go much faster with a wrangler, it is just curiosity.
Hi..
No the car was still pushing..I just didn't want to let her go..so I don't know the limit yet.In the meantime since last day..the total average consumption has lowered a little from 8.9 to 8.6 lt/100 km ..

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia QV- Wrangler JLU
There are some rumors in Italy..it seems that all deliveries have been stopped and delivered cars will be recalled..Did someone ear something similar?

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Yes. Frames, especially track bar mounts, are really badly welded. FCA tried to hide this problem and was not reacting for 3 months. Finally they have to recall vehicles, exchange (!) some of them and check all not sold yet.
Sponsored