chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I am currently saving to purchase a JLU Rubicon. I would like to see how a Rubicon looks on 35s with nno lift. I have been back and forth between just 35s, or 37s with a lift.

Might already be a similar thread, but I cold not find any.

Thanks

I went back and fourth with this dilemma for months!!
My JK on a 3" lift has 35's
My JKU had a 3" lift with 37's
My new JLUR is on a very tall 3.5" lift with 37's.
So I've just about done it all.

My advice. do a 2" lift with a 37" tire. I'd stick to 12.50" wide as well. 13.50" you'll have to start being selective on backspacing/offsets etc.
IMO; Pick wheels (17x9) with backspacing between 3.5" and 4.25"

The JL and the JLU both look good on 35's but ANY kind of lift at all doesn't quite look right without 37's.

37's are the new 35's when it comes to lifted JL's :)

Last edited:

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
The JL and the JLU both look good on 35's but ANY kind of lift at all doesn't quite look right without 37's.
I thought so too, but since my earlier post, I've added the Teraflex 1.5" lift. That gave me back the gap in the wheel wells that I lost going to 35's.
I have no intention of going any higher, as it's my daily and a little bit of a stretch for me to now to climb in.

20180930_122757.jpg

Sponsored

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
^Great pics...what do you have on your Jeep back there that requires that helmet. I'm dying to know haha

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
definitely inspired by this thread so baby has a new set of shoes! Put them on Thursday, hit trails Friday and Saturday and had no rubbing issues. DIdn't even really notice that much difference in ride. Same
IMG_7695.jpg
IMG_7696.jpg
model as stock tire, with stock rims.

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
I thought so too, but since my earlier post, I've added the Teraflex 1.5" lift. That gave me back the gap in the wheel wells that I lost going to 35's.
I have no intention of going any higher, as it's my daily and a little bit of a stretch for me to now to climb in.

20180930_122757.jpg
Did you just do spacer or did you add the shocks and bump stops. Been looking at this lift, but I have to buy my Rubi first.

How do you like the lift so far?

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
Did you just do spacer or did you add the shocks and bump stops. Been looking at this lift, but I have to buy my Rubi first.

How do you like the lift so far?
I bought their Sport ST1 system that included spacers, bump stops, and shocks (#1165121). It was a nice kit and relatively easy to install but I found the shocks to be way too firm for my tastes. I actually removed them after a very short period of time and went back to the stock shocks. I am running an e rated tire but I had them on well before the lift and after finding a lower pressure, the ride was very acceptable. When I first contacted Teraflex about them, they initially didn't seem overly helpful and I figured my only choice was to sell them. After some back and forth, I point blank asked could they re-valve them and they said yes, for a fee. I thought it over and figured what do I have to lose, as I had already installed them and returning them was definitely not an option, so back they went. I was actually called late last Friday and they said they were done, tested, and I will love them now.....so we shall see. I should have them Wednesday or Thursday hopefully and feel pretty confident they will be what I want.
If I had it to do over again, I would have saved a good deal of money and just bought the spacer kit, bump stop spacers, and shock extensions.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

20180930_122757.jpg
How far do the tires stick out past the fenders? Do you have any side shots?

Sponsored

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
How far do the tires stick out past the fenders? Do you have any side shots?
Not quite straight on but hopefully this helps. If not, I can try and get you a better angle sometime.

20180930_124440.jpg

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Not quite straight on but hopefully this helps. If not, I can try and get you a better angle sometime.

20180930_124440.jpg
That's prefect, thanks!

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
I bought their Sport ST1 system that included spacers, bump stops, and shocks (#1165121). It was a nice kit and relatively easy to install but I found the shocks to be way too firm for my tastes. I actually removed them after a very short period of time and went back to the stock shocks. I am running an e rated tire but I had them on well before the lift and after finding a lower pressure, the ride was very acceptable. When I first contacted Teraflex about them, they initially didn't seem overly helpful and I figured my only choice was to sell them. After some back and forth, I point blank asked could they re-valve them and they said yes, for a fee. I thought it over and figured what do I have to lose, as I had already installed them and returning them was definitely not an option, so back they went. I was actually called late last Friday and they said they were done, tested, and I will love them now.....so we shall see. I should have them Wednesday or Thursday hopefully and feel pretty confident they will be what I want.
If I had it to do over again, I would have saved a good deal of money and just bought the spacer kit, bump stop spacers, and shock extensions.
Thanks for your honest reply and assessment, this helps in making my decision.

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
did you re-install the shocks? interested in the kit but 4 door version
Sorry @voodoo11 you quoted a different members reply, so I'm just now seeing this. I assume you were directing your question to me?
Either way, I'll throw my thoughts out. Yes, I just actually swapped the re-valved Falcons earlier this week. I can tell you they felt noticeably softer right out of the box when I manually compressed them. After driving around for a few days, I can confidently say they are absolutely perfect! In my opinion, this is how they should've been from the start. I wrote a short note to the fella that was assisting me at Teraflex and thanked him for following through on his promise to get them softened up. I've purposely taken it out on rough country roads just to test it and my wife and I both think it rides a tad better than it did when it was stock (keep in mind I'm running E-rated mud tires).
I obviously have no idea how the 4 door setup would ride but if you are at all concerned with on road manners, I would call and speak to a Teraflex rep about your desires before ordering.....maybe they would offer the softer valving up front?
Sponsored