Sponsored

Speedo Recalibration in MA, dealer experiences

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I'm looking to get my spedo re-calibration done for the Duratrac 35s. Some of the threads in general section has the Mopar document snippet that explains the process to the dealer. Folks posted there that $125 is MSRP from Mopar for this calibration.
Armed with this knowledge, I decided to call my local dealer (Dan's Jeep) who are a few miles from my place. First, the service rep wasn't sure what service I'm looking to get done. After chatting with her floor manager she came back and took my info and said she'll call me back after some research. I got the call back a few minutes later and was quoted $175 for the software and $100 labor!! I told her it's $125 MSRP from Mopar including labor but she was in no mood to negotiate and I had to drop. I'll be calling a few other dealers in my area.
Has anyone got this done here in Mass? If yes, which dealership and what did you pay?
thanks!
Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Sounds like you need a Tazer! Then you could do it yourself.

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Sounds like you need a Tazer! Then you could do it yourself.
Yes Tazer is one option but I have bought lifetime warranty and don't want to risk a block.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
there is no shortage of dealers in the area find a new place

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
A Tazer will not void your warranty

Sponsored

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
A Tazer will not void your warranty
Are you sure in this case? If you read that Mopar doc, it’s essentially they sell you a new MVP warranty contract for bigger tires.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure in this case? If you read that Mopar doc, it’s essentially they sell you a new MVP warranty contract for bigger tires.
I believe when you go to the dealer to have them set your new tire size that you purchase a one time use contract to set the tire size, the prices seem to vary but I believe an average cost is like $130-$150

If you say purchase a Tazer Lite for approx $200 with military discount but if you are not a veteran you can get the lite delivere for $250 with a two year warranty, yes it is more than a dealer will charge to flash the speedo but if you decide to go to say a lager or smaller tire later you will pay again and also consider the other things a Tazer does

As far as warranty a programmer won’t void the warranty unless the dealer can prove that the programmer did something that caused the damage you are wanting covered under warranty and I seriously doubt they will look that hard but with that said it’s best to remove any programmer you use and go back to a stock setup before any service and it literally only takes 5 mins to remove.

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Somerset Jeep in MA was going to re-calibrate mine for $125 total if you want to give them a call

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
The Tazer or Flashcal will not void your warranty since they are only calibration units and don’t alter the vehicles operating parameters. Now the lift, bigger tires, etc. is a whole other story, however at the end of the day they have to prove said modification is what caused “xxx” to fail.

Trail seeker

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
I'm looking to get my spedo re-calibration done for the Duratrac 35s. Some of the threads in general section has the Mopar document snippet that explains the process to the dealer. Folks posted there that $125 is MSRP from Mopar for this calibration.
Armed with this knowledge, I decided to call my local dealer (Dan's Jeep) who are a few miles from my place. First, the service rep wasn't sure what service I'm looking to get done. After chatting with her floor manager she came back and took my info and said she'll call me back after some research. I got the call back a few minutes later and was quoted $175 for the software and $100 labor!! I told her it's $125 MSRP from Mopar including labor but she was in no mood to negotiate and I had to drop. I'll be calling a few other dealers in my area.
Has anyone got this done here in Mass? If yes, which dealership and what did you pay?
thanks!
Reach out to Justin at Jeep dealership in Hudson MA!
Sponsored