Sponsored

Jlus going to 35's

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I have rubicon takeoff suspension/wheels/tires on my daily driver sport s and would like to go to 35's x 11.50 or 12.50 when these tires wear out. I offroad about once a month and want to preserve the on road ride quality as I drive about 25k miles/yr. I feel like adding 35's on current setup would be too stuffed. What would you recommend on a budget? Thanks!
Current setup with rubi takeoffs:
N6N3bm8.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I have added rubicon takeoff suspension/wheels/tires on my daily driver sport s that gave me 1.5" suspension lift and would like to go to 35's x 11.50 or 12.50 without needing wheel spacers on my stock rubicon wheels if possible. I offroad about once a month and want to preserve the on road ride quality as I drive about 25k miles/yr. I feel like adding 35's on current setup would be too stuffed. What would you recommend on a budget? Thanks!
Current setup with rubi takeoffs:
N6N3bm8.jpg
Considering going to ko2 315/70/17 class c or 285/75/17 ko2(34" ×11.50") adding 2" daystar or RC spacers with rancho 9000 adjustable shocks made for jlus 3.5" lift to soften ride on road. I light/moderate offroad once/twice a month and want to add clearance and for the tires/wheelwells to be well proportioned. Would the rancho shocks make a difference in ride quality with this setup?
Secondly, or would I be better off removing rubicon shocks/coils and buying new rancho coils/shocks/lca to add 2.5" lift? Thanks!
@TTEChris @lembowski @JLU Pilot @RanchoShocks
z4jq53V.jpg

5QRDU4m.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Considering going to ko2 315/70/17 class c or 285/75/17 ko2(34" ×11.50") adding 2" daystar or RC spacers with rancho 9000 adjustable shocks made for jlus 3.5" lift to soften ride on road. I light/moderate offroad once/twice a month and want to add clearance and for the tires/wheelwells to be well proportioned. Would the rancho shocks make a difference in ride quality with this setup?
Secondly, or would I be better off removing rubicon shocks/coils and buying new rancho coils/shocks/lca to add 2.5" lift? Thanks!
z4jq53V.jpg

5QRDU4m.jpg
I would stay away from that particular 285/75r17 since it seems to only be available in an E Load rating. The Ridge Grapplers in that size appear to be available in a C-Rating. Having driven KO2's back to back in an E-Rating and a C-Rating the difference is night/day.

I think tire choice is one of the most underrated factors in ride quality. Sure properly valved shocks and spring rates are important, but throw on an E-Rated tire at 45+PSI(I see it all the time) and the ride will suffer.

The RS9000 shocks were always a nice/inexpensive choice on the JK. While I haven't had a chance to test the JL variants the ride was great on the JK especially when paired with a set of OME or EVO Springs. :like:

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I would stay away from that particular 285/75r17 since it seems to only be available in an E Load rating. The Ridge Grapplers in that size appear to be available in a C-Rating. Having driven KO2's back to back in an E-Rating and a C-Rating the difference is night/day.

I think tire choice is one of the most underrated factors in ride quality. Sure properly valved shocks and spring rates are important, but throw on an E-Rated tire at 45+PSI(I see it all the time) and the ride will suffer.

The RS9000 shocks were always a nice/inexpensive choice on the JK. While I haven't had a chance to test the JL variants the ride was great on the JK especially when paired with a set of OME or EVO Springs. :like:
Thanks for the info. Have you had nitto ridge grapplers in class load c? I wonder how they ride on the road compared to ko2's? They look alot more aggressive..

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. Have you had nitto ridge grapplers in class load c? I wonder how they ride on the road compared to ko2's? They look alot more aggressive..
I have yet to try the Ridge Grapplers on a Wrangler. They did ride fairly nice and were near silent on an F150 I installed them on recently, but that isn't really a fair comparison. Maybe someone can chime in that has tried the size/load rating you are looking for on a Wrangler.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
z4jq53V.jpg

5QRDU4m.jpg
Instead of a lift, how about taking the inner fender liners out and going to an aftermarket offering like those from Artec? Artec also have some small round lights you can mount on the edge of the fender.
Sponsored