Sponsored

Quake LED does it again! - Jeep JL Wrangler RGB HD Halo Headlights and Fog Lights NOW in STOCK!

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I still have not heard from the sponsor, but Rob stated yesterday that the Halos operate without any additional connections, other than the current vehicle’s lighting-plug harness.

I am waiting for him to clarify this so that I can make a decision to buy these.
Well if all the power goes off on the plug with the switch not much they can do, but add another wire. Would be nice if that additional wiring included everything for a clean hook up. We should find out shortly.
Sponsored

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
I was hoping halo with no splicing for drl so will continue to look.
The optional turn signal gets wired to the factory turn signal harness but the Halo(DRL) goes either to the battery or an accessory fuse. I have installed a few of these so I can do it start to finish including turn signals in under 20 minutes.

Voodoobadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JL
Hopefully I can clarify the setup now. I called Quake today and learned how this is setup:

The Halos do not turn-on automatically unless the Bluetooth controller is connected to a source. Each light has the standard female adapter that plugs into the vehicle’s male lighting adapter. This makes the lights (minus the Halo) operate normally. Connected to each light is also a 4-pin wire that connects to 1 Bluetooth controller. The Bluetooth controller controls the on/off function of the halo and color effects. If you connect the Bluetooth to the Aux 3 or 4 wires, and set it to Recalled Last State, then you will have the Halo effect turn-on every time you start the Jeep, without any intervention.

There is no splicing, unless you want the Halos to operate as a turn-signal.

Hopefully this makes sense now.

dditzel

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU 2018 JLU
Are these kits shipping? Ordered on the 6th, said there was stock, but haven't heard anything since, order status just says "Processing"

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Are these kits shipping? Ordered on the 6th, said there was stock, but haven't heard anything since, order status just says "Processing"
Quake has begun shipping the Halos in the order they are received. Ill look into yours. Email me your info. Thank You!
[email protected]

Sponsored

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
Quake needs to make replacements (not just bulbs) for the DRL and turn signals in the fenders. Morimoto is the only company I can find with them (here is the link).

Please make them!!!!! And sell them with the halo headlights as a kit/set!!!!
The Morimoto's will not fit Sport fenders though, i'm still waiting for more JL's to be sold in my area to get a set of rubi or sahara take-offs with the LED package or pick up a set of the iron cross fenders, those look amazing!

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
The Morimoto's will not fit Sport fenders though, i'm still waiting for more JL's to be sold in my area to get a set of rubi or sahara take-offs with the LED package or pick up a set of the iron cross fenders, those look amazing!
So just Saharas and rubicons?

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So just Saharas and rubicons?
Based on the site, yes it’ll fit Sahara’s and Rubi’s.

“Compatible: With all Jeep Wrangler JLs except the base "Sport" model, these combination Daytime Running Light (DRL) and Turn signal assemblies will swap directly in place”

Sponsored

3illy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Granite Crystal Metalic, 2013 Harley Davidson FXDF
Based on the site, yes it’ll fit Sahara’s and Rubi’s.

“Compatible: With all Jeep Wrangler JLs except the base "Sport" model, these combination Daytime Running Light (DRL) and Turn signal assemblies will swap directly in place”
I was not able to find this language on their site. OP, will these lights work on a Sport S? What does base sport model mean?

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was not able to find this language on their site. OP, will these lights work on a Sport S? What does base sport model mean?
It's on the front page, 3rd paragraph. It will not fit the Sport or Sport S, the fenders have a more narrow turn signal housing than the sahara and rubi.

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would have been brilliant for Morimoto to make replacements for the Sports, which do not have LEDs, instead of replacements for vehicles that already have LED's.

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Has anyone received their Quake halos and installed them? I got a notification that my order was "complete" last week. I'm hoping that means they've shipped,