Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
IMG_0280.jpg
Crappy pic, I know. 315 KO2s, Method 701s (0 offset), no lift, Looking/waiting for a 1" lift that restores lost caster and corrects the sag in the rear. I know TF makes a 1.5" with a 1" spacer in front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear but I'm not sure about the caster or the sway bar links.
Sponsored

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
I added the Teraflex 1.5" Sport ST1 System last week to compensate for the larger 315 STT's. It accomplished just what I'd hoped, so I think I will be leaving it for the foreseeable future.
So far my mod list is pretty short:
Rubicon Xtreme wheels 17x9
Cooper STT 315's
1.5" Teraflex system
Magnaflow axle back

20180930_124355.jpg

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added the Teraflex 1.5" Sport ST1 System last week to compensate for the larger 315 STT's. It accomplished just what I'd hoped, so I think I will be leaving it for the foreseeable future.
So far my mod list is pretty short:
Rubicon Xtreme wheels 17x9
Cooper STT 315's
1.5" Teraflex system
Magnaflow axle back

20180930_124355.jpg
I think I remember that I read you said in another thread you mentioned your dissatisfaction with the Falcon shocks; and you switched back to the OEM shocks.
Were the Falcon shocks faulty or you just didn't like them?
What are your thoughts and feelings on loss of caster and with the sway bar links?

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
I think I remember that I read you said in another thread you mentioned your dissatisfaction with the Falcon shocks; and you switched back to the OEM shocks.
Were the Falcon shocks faulty or you just didn't like them?
What are your thoughts and feelings on loss of caster and with the sway bar links?
Yes, I was so disappointed with their harshness, that I've boxed them back up and am going to ship them back to Teraflex for re-valving. After exchanging several emails with their tech support, I was told that they will do this for $200. At this point, I've already installed them, so returning them is not an option. So in my mind, what do I really have to lose.
As far as the sway bar links, I'm not sure why their ST1 kit doesn't include them but the basic 1.5" kit does? I personally don't feel they are needed with this small of a lift and driveability hasn't changed at all from what I can perceive. The instructions for the ST1 kit claim no alignment is needed, but I had mine checked just to make sure. Overall, nothing is really out of spec enough to even give it another thought. The truck drives straight, smooth and corners just as it did when it was stock.

Reactions: aai
OP
OP
rcr1340

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Aftermarket parts are showing up more for the 2 door. Great to see people modding them. Have seen a few more on the road. Lovin' it !!!!

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump...this tread can not die

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Mock up for grill and hood vinyl and side hood decal look.

Vinyl_mock.jpg
So you should like the 32" duratracs they're great. What 2" lift did you go with? How about a direct side shot of the Jeep-Looks good.

Sponsored

silversgrfx

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
So you should like the 32" duratracs they're great. What 2" lift did you go with? How about a direct side shot of the Jeep-Looks good.
I always put Duratracs on my Jeeps. I went with the 2" Rubicon Express spacer lift with shock extensions. I will to a larger Duratrac size later though. I'm currently averaging 19-21 MPG with the lift.

IMG_2624_3_sized.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I always put Duratracs on my Jeeps. I went with the 2" Rubicon Express spacer lift with shock extensions. I will to a larger Duratrac size later though. I'm currently averaging 19-21 MPG with the lift.

IMG_2624_3_sized.jpg
That's fitting quite nicely. Awesome.

What are your thoughts for the rear bumper?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

IMG_0280.jpg
Crappy pic, I know. 315 KO2s, Method 701s (0 offset), no lift, Looking/waiting for a 1" lift that restores lost caster and corrects the sag in the rear. I know TF makes a 1.5" with a 1" spacer in front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear but I'm not sure about the caster or the sway bar links.
Like the debadged two color - the black wheels look fantastic. Good looking ride

silversgrfx

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
That's fitting quite nicely. Awesome.

What are your thoughts for the rear bumper?
Think right now it's a matter of waiting for rear bumper after market to pick up. Not as much selection for the rear yet and I like more simplistic stubby designs. Not into all the euro styled wrap around bumpers.

My next few mods will probably be more appearance oriented. Do a grill and hood wrap with custom side hood decals, seat covers, door entry guards.

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Added:

AuX switch panel
RGBW rock lights